Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HUMANKIND - Amplitude's historical turn-based strategy

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
No, there was a demo on Steam as well a month or two ago. It was alright. Played very similarly to Endless Legend. Factions followed the Civ formula of 1 unique unit, 1 unique building, 1 unique ability each. The demo was limited to specific scenarios, so it didn't give me a complete impression of how it's all gonna fit together.

Even Civ has 2 unique units per faction.
It does?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No, there was a demo on Steam as well a month or two ago. It was alright. Played very similarly to Endless Legend. Factions followed the Civ formula of 1 unique unit, 1 unique building, 1 unique ability each. The demo was limited to specific scenarios, so it didn't give me a complete impression of how it's all gonna fit together.

It does?

I was thinking 5. Yeah 6 only has 1 unique unit. What a joke that shit game is.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron

It does?

I was thinking 5. Yeah 6 only has 1 unique unit. What a joke that shit game is.
That wasn't the case in civ 5 either. Some factions had a second unique unit in place of a unique building, but it wasn't all of them and I don't think it was most of them either. And no faction had 2 unique units AND a unique building.

Gerrard

Arcane
Sounds pretty disappointing. But I guess I'm naive for expecting a high profile game made in [current year] to actually improve on the thing they are copying.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
This is obviously just CIV with FIDSI. Although the unique culture thing might be cool. Personally I just added all the good shit from every faction to Poland in CIV6. Am big cheater.

flyingjohn

Arcane
That trailer,fuck,i give up on this game.

Civ 6 looks like game of thrones compared to this crap.And it looks to have a better ai(i don't know how that is even possible).

flyingjohn

Arcane
Trailer targeted at people who will never, not in a million years, be interested in your game. Brave and stunning.
Actually the target audience for this is the 4x audience(at least the majority).
They look at these games as 5 minute wasters where they can larp shit and post screenshots on twitter/Reddit.

I except the game to be the biggest selling 4x game ever,which isn't hard hard to accomplish though.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Trailer targeted at people who will never, not in a million years, be interested in your game. Brave and stunning.
That seems to be the major trend in marketing these days. Ignore your core audience, appeal to people who were will never be your customers. Doesn't seem very successful, in terms of profits, but then again it's obvious those pushing it aren't interested in maximizing profits anymore.

I except the game to be the biggest selling 4x game ever,which isn't hard hard to accomplish though.
There is absolutely no way it outsells Civ 6.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
It probably won't outsell Civ, but I hope it will end up the better game – if only to force Firaxis into making an even better Civ down the road.
I rated "Fabulously Optimistic" not because I don't think it will end up the better game. That's almost a given. But you are hopelessly naive if you think anything will force Firaxis into making a good Civ game again.

GrainWetski

Arcane
The only thing Firaxis cares about is virtue signalling more and more while their moronic fanbase only cares about having the Firaxis name slapped on whatever turd they shit out. The Civ 7 circus will be a hoot and a half.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Lol, firaxis and civ ain't coming back.

Not that it was ever happening, but last time they released a game with AAA+ pricing, gameplay and production values of a mobile port, full-AAA game priced dlc that sells a full-AAA game priced subscription plan and maintains 30-40k concurrent players on steam. Good luck to all fabulous optimists :lol:

And this shit aims to be like it.

Time for everyone to realize that as good as civ2 and 4 were, it was never all that and the sf- and fantasy-themed 4x is where it's at.

lightbane

Arcane
Bloody dangerhairs, they automatically make anything where they show up disgusting. Also commie jokes, because of course there are.

The game looks like a Civ clone, unsurprisingly. With a bit of luck that means one can play as a proper white faction and conquer the entire world.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With a bit of luck that means one can play as a proper white faction and conquer the entire world.
9c3.png

covr

Prophet
Patron
It is the dirty Sega money. It corrupts. That advertisement itself costed probably more than the whole Dungeon of the Endless; it means that they are forced by Sega to play in the big leagues, competing with CIV 6. Which is the worst thing to the 4X fans since Planetfall release.

covr

Prophet
Patron
I am also extremely disappointed that someone in the company had a though that advertising a 4X game by using neanderthal-dindu-alt-woman is a good idea.

Last edited:

Norfleet

Honestly that trailer is bland and otherwise uniformative, telling me basically nothing about the game that I didn't know already from it being a "Civ Clone". I'm disappoint that "Lucy" did not turn out to be a reference to Australopithecus, and was instead just a random meaningless name attached to a fictional player.

Thorgeim

Educated
that trailer (or a teaser?) is pathetic but i couldnt care less if the actual game isnt filled with woke shit. EL had really good mechanics but i didnt dig the races, except for like 1. As a game this to me looks more enjoyable so i still hope they dont screw it up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom