Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hyperborea 3e now live!

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
https://forums.modiphius.com/t/about-the-changes-in-the-new-version-of-conan-the-wanderer/

Apparently in one of their splat books covering the Eastern kingdoms, they changed certain words so as not to offend sensibilities. On top of that, a few Howardian researchers had left the project. I believe either Patrice Louinet or Mark Finn was one of them.

dubLEs

Novice
I don't hate the system. I thought it was OK. But I didn't like how they started to insert political correctness into Hyboria. That's a bad sign because REH's Hyboria is as politically incorrect as can be. And this is coming from an Asian.

I do agree with you there, actually. The pages about "player safety" and tiptoeing around violent themes (in a Conan game lol) etc should not necessary for a group of adults with even some semblance of common sense. Unfortunately, this kind of messaging is common in not just Modiphius products (I'm not familiar with every Modiphius game, but I've read the core rulebooks for Fallout, Conan, and Dune and the "trigger warning" stuff is present in all three IIRC), but the majority of popular and well-supported TRPGs. I choose to ignore it - I feel as though if I didn't, I would have very little to play. This game looks amazing though, and I am considering pre-ordering it (seeing as I've missed my opportunity to back it).

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
This game looks amazing though, and I am considering pre-ordering it (seeing as I've missed my opportunity to back it).

You got the better deal then. That shit has been on sale so many times, far cheaper than what KS backers paid for, that it's not even funny. I know. I backed it at the $500 tier (and thankfully got a mostly full refund from it).

Legit wonder what they meant by Streamlined Combat. The game already played in a pretty good pace.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom