Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed I can't believe this is a game from 2020: Let's Play Armoured Commander II

lightbane

Arcane
The game is already quite different from the version I LP'ed and I legit think it's worth the 6 bucks. It ain't the next Legionary's Life tho.
I see. Perhaps I'll get it at a discount during Christmas sales.
Is there a tileset mode for those who dislike ASCII art? I know people can eventually get used to them, but it is somewhat ugly. Does this game use mouse at least?

veryone was a terrible ally for everyone else. The Allies were essentially better at being allies for each other than the Axis was, and the shortcomings of the Fascist regime were exaggerated by the peculiarities of Nazi diplomacy that were worsened by the industrial limits of Germany.

It seems so. I wish the Americans exterminated Franco's forces once the war was over before he had the chance of asking commies for help (so to speak), but that as not meant to be. Spain would have been a better place if that demon was not allowed to settle down.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Isn't the story about Albania is that in one of the landing zone the Italians put all their troops in ONE [1] transport ship, but said ship's engine stopped working a few hundred meters from the port, and the only reason the Albanians did not shoot at the ship was that the Italians had bribed the Coast Guards and bought all their ammos beforehand ?

May be true, never heard of it and the Albanian military resistance was essentially local as the vast majority of their government was inefficient, fled, or was bought by the Italians. Some local resistance was fierce tho, they even got some local heroes ans statues during the commie state.

f8091f31abddd85b81aca7f47898f995.jpg

From a historical standpoint, Albania was a bad lesson for the Italians though, as they expected Greece to fall similarly. History does not repeat itself, contrary to popular opinion.

I see. Perhaps I'll get it at a discount during Christmas sales.
Is there a tileset mode for those who dislike ASCII art? I know people can eventually get used to them, but it is somewhat ugly. Does this game use mouse at least?

Not that I know of and it's keyboard based. If you want something like this but "lighter" there's Armoured Battle Crew, but it's sillier. It's not mechanically bad, though.

Spain would have been a better place if that demon was not allowed to settle down.

My knowledge of Franco post Civil War is sadly limited, but after the Cold War set in big political changes were... difficult. As usual, one has to look at Greece to see a country used as a testbed for stuff. Poor fuckers.

lightbane

Arcane
History does not repeat itself, contrary to popular opinion.
Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. It DOES repeat, depending on the place.

My knowledge of Franco post Civil War is sadly limited, but after the Cold War set in big political changes were... difficult. As usual, one has to look at Greece to see a country used as a testbed for stuff. Poor fuckers.

No idea about Greece, but it would explain the shit situation they're in. As for Spain, try looking for the whole shitstorm that happened in Catalonia during October 1 in 2017. The trial which followed and outright blatant abuse of the law seems straight out of a Phoenix Wright episode. Alas, in General Discussion and Politics most Spaniards are pro-Franco or anti-Catalan fascist psychos, so they won't say much about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom