Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I conceptualize Gothic 4 for Piranha Bytes since I can't sleep...

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Canon endings:

Gothic 1: The Hero banishes the Sleeper and the barrier is destroyed

Gothic 2: The Hero defeats the Undead Dragon and sets sail to the mainland with his friends

Gothic 3: This is obviously a problem, but the most „salvageable“ end would be the one featuring Xardas, where you destroy the artifacts of the three Gods and the personas representing them. Let's make a few points:

Myrtana has been freed from the Orcs.
There is a new king, since the Hero killed Zuben and king Rhobar.
Lee is once again the kings general.
However, the Orcs are still controlling Khorinis under the leadership of Ur-Shak.

Forsaken Gods is trash and not canon and you should feel bad even if you thought about it.

The gameworld consists of the Gothic 3 areas that are coupled with the gameworlds of G1&2, reworked and changed for the new game. Since the ending of G3 stated that Milten became very wise and powerful he will be the one that summons the nameless hero back to Myrtana. He explains that much has changed since Xardas and the Hero left the world but that the world is, once again, in terrible danger (sigh, right?). The situation in Myrtana is stable but after the defeat of the Orcs the warring human factions have once again discovered their own differences, there is no open conflict yet but there are sparks everywhere, it is up to the nameless hero to decide which side needs support and if the kingdom of Myrtana should be centralized under the new king or decentralized even further. In the meantime Lee has led an expeditionary force back to Khorinis to retake the island from the Orcs. He has been fought to a standstill and the Orcs still have a strong force in the Valley of Mines, while the other area that was featured in G2 has been reconquered by Lee's forces. The nameless hero can switch back and forth between the island and the G3 area by a powerful magical teleportation spell feature by the Deus Ex Machina, Milten, who is now a powerful magician. Milten explains that the influence of the Gods was severely weakened by the end of G3, but it is not forever banished from the world. The Orcs under Ur-Shak feel that they have been severely weakened and reports from Khorinis and the mainland state that there are demonic creatures appearing from portals all around the land (Oblivion gates, but they don't suck balls). It is unclear where these creatures are coming from, it is however clear that Beliar has been strengthened by an unknown forces and that his creatures now dominate and that the spiritual balance that once existed is no more.

The Hero's quest would center around these points:

The civil strifes in Myrtana
The war on Khorinis (the Hero can't help the Orcs directly now, but he can convince Ur-Shak that they are being used in a certain point of the story)
The demonic invasion

So what happened? Apparently it was Xardas's plan all along to negate the influence of the Gods as much as possible and to focus his power into becoming a God himself. The Orcs, fearing that they will be utterly defeated pulled another „we'll summon a huge demon so we beat the other guys“, but this time Beliar was only a face, and the true power pulling the strings behind was Xardas. Xardas left the world with the hero because he knew that the hero was the only power capable of stopping him, hoping that he could imprison him out of this world. Now the Hero has to face Xardas himself after solving the smaller or secondary parts of the plot. The canon ending would be the Hero defeating Xardas, revealing his long reaching plans of ascending since the Sleeper, and the restoration of the balance between the Gods. The last portion of the game would reveal that Xardas is too powerful to be truly killed by this point and that the shattering of the magical artifacts representing the three Gods (these would have to be reforged imbuing the powers of the representatives of the three Gods, with Ur-Shak and his shamans acting for Beliar or just taking it off them since they already forged something to bind themselves to Beliar to not lose the war) would be the only thing powerful enough to truly slay him, the nameless hero would take this by killing Xardas and himself in the explosion. A shattering that would be so powerful to remove all magical energies from this world and thus the direct way by which the Gods affected the world up to that point. The influence of the Gods would then truly be removed from the world without any direct way of intervention again.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
No sir, I don't like it.

Didn't Risen kinda-sorta continue the story with the titans rising up with the gods gone? And I don't mean Risen 2 or 3, forget those. I also think if there's going to be any sequels they should get a new protagonist.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No sir, I don't like it.

Didn't Risen kinda-sorta continue the story with the titans rising up with the gods gone? And I don't mean Risen 2 or 3, forget those. I also think if there's going to be any sequels they should get a new protagonist.

You may not like it but you are probably going to get worse if they make another Gothic game. I don't think Risen was a continuation of the story, I didn't like the story either, I think they just mashed together some ideas they might have had for Gothic 4 and stitched some new stuff onto it after they lost Gothic so they could make another game.

howlingFantods

Learned
I used to have the worst insomnia and only recently got a handle on it.

Sleep medication didn’t work on me whatsoever. At one point I was getting only 25 hrs per week. Up for days sometimes.

The one and only thing that has worked for me is eating a fuck ton of almonds and peanut butter right before getting in bed. I’m not talking a handful or a spoonful here, but an actual substantial amount.

Hope this helps because it has been a miracle for me

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I used to have the worst insomnia and only recently got a handle on it.

Sleep medication didn’t work on me whatsoever. At one point I was getting only 25 hrs per week. Up for days sometimes.

The one and only thing that has worked for me is eating a fuck ton of almonds and peanut butter right before getting in bed. I’m not talking a handful or a spoonful here, but an actual substantial amount.

Hope this helps because it has been a miracle for me

By eating before sleep you only slow your metabolism (which makes sleep easier) but you don't solve the actual problem.

Insomnia is a sign of that your subconscious is under stress and it's telling you that something is not right: you are neglecting your own needs, you are in an unhealthy relationship, you are really unhappy with your work and so on. Your might not be aware of the problem but your subconscious knows.

Also constant insomnia without obvious causes for stress (exams, wedding and so on) usually occurs before a real nervous breakdown. Good luck.

Doktor Best

Arcane
The best thing to do against insomnia is to exercise and eat healthy. And fuck of course.

If all that doesnt help then you need a shrink. Badly.

@ Gothic 4 plot: Its alright. Would play it. Devil is in the details/execution though.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Could be pulled off in a neat way in the right circumstances. I imagine they'll just kill off the Gothic 1-3 plot when they make Gothic 4, though, it's too difficult to salvage.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Not bad ideas, besides the one with Xardas wanting to become a god. Let the old man rest, he deserved it and he worked as your mentor. I would just swap him with the Sleeper/Undead Dragon/Demonthingy, that seemed to be the true avatar of Beliar. Maybe Xardas got also summonded and the Avatar was ripped out and is now possessing another leader (wasn't that the plot of Arcania)? Otherwise, I like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom