Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I Finally Decided to Try LOTRO

SerratedBiz

Arcane
What server are you folks in? I'm not sure I'll be playing again but I can add up for the kinship.

ETA: Just found it in the thread.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
won't be of much help as i have my toons on vilya, but i've rolled one on withywindle ... add me as Hinrich

Shannow

Waster of Time
If you just need another guy to qualify for kinship (Guild?) and not somebody to really play...I don't mind starting up the game again this weekend. Won't be playing though, since I hate mobs respawning in my direct vicinity and I don't like the WoWesque-no-interesting-choice levelling LOTRO has going on.
So if you need another goon just pm me the details (server, names, etc) this weekend.

Froglok

Educated
Scratch that, remade the minstrel as a human named Adalric. Currently lvl 6. Looks like I just missed you guys :(

I know 90% of people that play MMOs today don't care about getting into their character, but trying to be a suave motherfucker bard is difficult when you're 3 feet tall with a beer gut.

fatasshobbit_zps953113ab.png

And that's with the creation slider pulled all the way to the "not a fatass" side of the scale

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
won't be of much help as i have my toons on vilya, but i've rolled one on withywindle ... add me as Hinrich

We'll have to make a conga line if you pvp, that's my creep server. :obviously:

Do love the start of your minstrel collection thereFroglok. Here's my main - I skipped the beergut on mine by going human.

w7qz7.jpg

If you still need toons to keep your kin active, shoot me a pm and I'll make something on Withywindle and level it up quickly to 20 or so. If you're hanging around Meneldor to play, likewise.

There were some questions about the game earlier on in the thread, so I'd answer them like this:

Yes, most zones still need to be bought. You can level up to close to 30 without buying an additional zone. By then you'll likely have earned enough in-game currency (Turbine Points) to get an additional area to quest in without parting with real cash. You can also do things to level up beyond that without paying anything, but it's limited and you'll go blind from tugging yourself off whilst doing the crap needed to do it.

Race traits really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Some things are more optimal than others - some of the racial skills are useful, so dwarf guardians are always popular. But it's nice things to have, not 'this mix of race and class is broken'. A level 60 man warden is just different to a level 60 elf warden - does a 3k heal which burns most of your power and +5% to incoming heals outweigh the ability to not be hit for a few seconds? Different strokes for different folks. My warden is a hobbit. He can pretend to be dead. Great skill for a tank to have - I get hit too hard, someone else can fight. Nah, doesn't matter.

One thing to watch out for is that there are major changes coming with next update, which should be out within a couple of weeks or so. And they're just the start, with more coming down the line later this year. I'd write a long post about it but I can't be arsed and it's totally uninteresting. Long and short of it is that things are changing in terms of how they're trying to balance the game. That may be good, it may be a total clusterfuck but just something to be aware about for those who may be thinking about logging back in from a break. It is a good time to start, but the grind is still a grind at the end game.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I dropped my Minstrel because I spent more time playing songs for people than I did actually levelling up. Funniest part was all the morons who didn't understand you could use files to play music. Every once in a while someone would come by and be amazed at how 'skilled' I was.

I should actually make one again. I think they're one of the easiest classes to play, seeing as you're pretty durable and have healing for yourself as well. I could usually take 2 same-level enemies, sometimes 3, and still not die.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Scratch that, remade the minstrel as a human named Adalric. Currently lvl 6. Looks like I just missed you guys :(

I know 90% of people that play MMOs today don't care about getting into their character, but trying to be a suave motherfucker bard is difficult when you're 3 feet tall with a beer gut.

And that's with the creation slider pulled all the way to the "not a fatass" side of the scale
That's what you get for eating all those taters. Anyway, I might give it a whirl but I'm highly erratic with my schedule so that's really not saying much. Will update this post later if get to playing the game.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Busy reinstalling from scratch. Hopefully it works this time.

Actually kind of excited to get back into it after playing Grind Wars 2.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Ok gents and... well, gents, looks like our kinship is now safe from dissolution. Kudos to you all. Now, seeing that I'm the designated Kodex Krafting Krazy, it'd be nice if you could send some resources my way so I can keep you lot outfitted. Below are my two chars and what they need from you:

Dextosi (Metalsmith/Tailor)
  • ores or metal (non-precious), duh
  • brimstone and flax (critical catalysts)
  • processed leather
  • gem shards and journals for those super-special recipes
  • Metalsmith/Tailor recipes (critical since the AH is in shambles)
Dextera (woodworker)
  • wood of any kind (except that kind, you filthy little man)
  • resin (critical catalyst)
  • animal hides (so she can process them for Dextosi)
  • gem shards and journals
  • Woodworker recipes
What can we, in turn, do for you?
Dextosi produces all kinds of armor (light, medium, heavy) and cloaks, as well as tools and some special class items. He also stock all kinds of crafting ingredients (precious metals, gemstones, whetstones, whatever) so let him know if you need anything for your own craft.
Dextera produces bows, crossbows, spears, javelins clubs and hammers. Also, musical instruments. And fishing poles.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I've sold most of my stuff (apart from 40 bronze ingots, so you can have that), so that I can buy a horse. I'll remember to keep the wood I chop up. I'm an explorer (Tailor, Forester, Prospector), so I collect things pretty easily, but have little use for it - other than crafting light and medium armours. I think I'll go with Historian for my alt, so that we have utmost variety.

We just need someone to be a tinker and we'll have the full allotment.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I bought the Steam Starter Pack so I get a free horse every time. :D

I just have to buy the riding skill, which is really balls. I really wish they'd give us an option to buy the riding skill for your account so that you don't have to keep buying it whenever you start a new character. But I guess that would be counter-intuitive considering the riding skill is one of the things pretty much everyone has to buy at some point.

dextermorgan

Arcane
It would be nice if someone could take up Jeweller/Scholar crafts since my inventory is starting to owerflow and I'll have to get rid of stuff fairly soon...

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Once I can get my game to work I'll probably take up those. Planning on making a Runekeeper.

Seems the Steam version has issues updating so I'm downloading the non-Steam client now.

Shannow

Waster of Time
I'm a tinker (jeweller), But I have no idea if I'll still be playing next week, so don't waste those kinds of resources on me.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I finally got this fully downloaded. Now I hope it's able to update this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom