Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age I hate the RPG Games industry

Master

Arbiter
The absence of genuinely good fantasy games where you can create your own character and the fact that witcher 3 overheats my laptop so I feel nervous when playing it means that I am forced to once again download dragon age origins and replay the same mediocre game for the third time. Simply amazing. Bravo retarded industry. I hate everyone and everything. Please release the colony ship game already.

Maybe I should replay dark souls 2 instead tbh.
You want to make your own character, and yet you play Witcher 3.
:hmmm:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I generalyl like to make my own character but witcher 3 is just a really good game but after playing it I wanted something that would satisfy that create your own character itch as well

rohand

Cipher
I'm just gonna throw some and they may be extreme shit - feel free to try them though, who knows
- Two Worlds Series
- Sacred 2
- Amalur
- Drakensang? Don't remember that much about creation

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If you can understand any slavic language, there's Golden Land. It's essentially fantasy Fallout with slav mythology. Was pretty big in Eastern Europe and got translated to pretty much every language there, but never got an english translation for some reason.
hra_22_1.gif

If the game has never been translated into English, then why are both its title and category printed in English?

:hmmm:

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
hivemind
Regarding Rage of Mages. The game looks like an RTS, but plays more like a standard top-down RPG. The downside is that there is no character creation, you have to chose from 4* premade chars and name them. The other downside is that the game is top-down so you don't really see your equipment in the game.
On the upside whenever you select a character you see a paperdoll displaying your character with all the equipment. And it's the best, prettiest paperdoll ever displayed in an RPG. There are 6 armor parts IIRC and every piece of equipment is really well drawn and detailed. I'd try it out if dressing-up is your thing and you don't mind that you are mostly dressing up static image, and not a 3D model.

*Actually 2 since you get to chose a male/female warrior/wizard and warriors suck balls in this game.

Morkar Left

The absence of genuinely good fantasy games where you can create your own character and the fact that witcher 3 overheats my laptop so I feel nervous when playing it means that I am forced to once again download dragon age origins and replay the same mediocre game for the third time. Simply amazing. Bravo retarded industry. I hate everyone and everything. Please release the colony ship game already.

Maybe I should replay dark souls 2 instead tbh.

It's name isn't Dragons Age ffs! It's called Dragons Dogma!

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Also, there is Dynasty Warriors Empires where you can make and dress-up your own character. It's not fantasy, but ancient China, so very close. I don't know how good is the game itself. I've played other Dynasty Warriors and they are fun if mindless brawlers.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Laptops are for corporate slaves, get a desktop! Cheaper, faster, better, quieter, cooler, better. Also the entire gaming industry is shit. I really enjoy about 1% of it, all I ask is to some day see that reach 2%.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Desktops are for resource demanding games, which you can admire on a huge screen.

Laptops are for early Fallouts, Fallout total conversions, Infinity Engine games and indies, like Vogel's or Eschalon.

And for playing games at work.

A tool for every task.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I'm just gonna throw some and they may be extreme shit - feel free to try them though, who knows
- Two Worlds Series
- Sacred 2
- Amalur
I might remember it wrong but the most pointless character creation system I've ever seen was from a Two Worlds game: it lets your choose the height of your main protagonist and that's it. No gender no background nothing, just how tall you will be.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
- Two Worlds Series
- Sacred 2
- Amalur
I might remember it wrong but the most pointless character creation system I've ever seen was from a Two Worlds game: it lets your choose the height of your main protagonist and that's it. No gender no background nothing, just how tall you will be.

What more do you need? You basically start with a blank state with all the stats at minimal level and slowly shape your dude into a master swordsman, grand wizard or a dirty scoundrel. Or something in between, because mixing things up is more fun.

jf8350143

Liturgist
- Two Worlds Series
- Sacred 2
- Amalur

What more do you need? You basically start with a blank state with all the stats at minimal level and slowly shape your dude into a master swordsman, grand wizard or a dirty scoundrel. Or something in between, because mixing things up is more fun.
yes but you have to play as a human male, you can't change your race, your gender, you can't choose your background, then what's the point of having a character creation system at the start of the game? You are basically playing as a preset character, all you can decide is how tall he is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom