Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream released on GOG

zwanzig_zwoelf

This is going to be great. :incline:

Games just need more of Ellison, just to make us happy and to teach those fuckhead writers how to WRITE.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
LOVE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO LOVE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD LOVE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE LOVE I FEEL FOR GOG AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. LOVE. LOVE.

Boleskine

Arcane
This is an awesome game but it does have some bugs and dead ends. The final act is also rather difficult and confusing, but the game is worth a playthrough for the story alone. Brilliant stuff.

zwanzig_zwoelf

This is an awesome game but it does have some bugs and dead ends. The final act is also rather difficult and confusing, but the game is worth a playthrough for the story alone. Brilliant stuff.
When I was playing the Ted chapter yesterday, I had to replay it a number of times, then even used a walkthrough - it came to a dead end.
Then I tried to just skip the step I was stuck on, and - suprise, I knew about the mirror without actually knowing shit.

I guess if you're stuck, you have to think ahead.

piydek

Cipher
I get such a wonderful feeling of misanthropy from this game, it's unreal. It's also very serious and i like that. I really feel like i have no more time for wasting on cartoonish, hollywoodish mainstream gaming shit in any form.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I get such a wonderful feeling of misanthropy from this game, it's unreal. It's also very serious and i like that. I really feel like i have no more time for wasting on cartoonish, hollywoodish mainstream gaming shit in any form.
Go read more of Ellison. No, seriously. This guy is fucking insane.
But unfortunately, he started his youtube channel not so long ago. Though there are some good shit.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Boring grimdark with a stupid ending (yes i got the best one). :killallgrimdark:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Just got stuck with Gorrister. Man, this game is really unfinished.
:x

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
BTW, there was a bug on the old version where the ... benny? (Neanderthal man anyway) ending didn't flash white to see if you got the best chapter. Actually isn't Ihnmaims in scummvm now?

Boleskine

Arcane
Yea, Gorrister's chapter has some dead ends and bugs.
I really like the chapter, though. Pity that I'll have to reload and use the walkthrough.
I do, too. It's probably my favorite next to Benny's chapter.

There are some actions one can take as Gorrister that can prematurely end the chapter and prevent the best outcome, but it's not really clear when you do.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Yea, Gorrister's chapter has some dead ends and bugs.
I really like the chapter, though. Pity that I'll have to reload and use the walkthrough.
I do, too. It's probably my favorite next to Benny's chapter.

There are some actions one can take as Gorrister that can prematurely end the chapter and prevent the best outcome, but it's not really clear when you do.
Walkthrough says that I should've freed Edna instead of ripping her heart off.
Also, I managed to rip her heart off twice.

Boleskine

Arcane
Haha. Also be careful with that old guy in the bar.

Sometimes talking to the jackal helps give directions or subtle clues. Can't remember, though - it's been awhile.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Sometimes talking to the jackal helps give directions or subtle clues. Can't remember, though - it's been awhile.
Psych profile usually gives clues needed.
I'll try Jackal then, though I remember I had only one dialogue option left.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

More games could be improved by having Harlan Ellison yelling at you as you progress.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

But it decreases your spiritual barometer/gauge/thingie if you use it.

zwanzig_zwoelf

But it decreases your spiritual barometer/gauge/thingie if you use it.
Well, that's obvious that the protagonist is scared to shitting himself every time the story gets spoiled.

piydek

Cipher
BTW, there was a bug on the old version where the ... benny? (Neanderthal man anyway) ending didn't flash white to see if you got the best chapter. Actually isn't Ihnmaims in scummvm now?

Yes, it is in ScummVM now, that's how i played it awhile ago.

Repressed Homosexual
Stupid game that falls consistently flat at making a "mature, edgy" story and is full of completely nonsensical puzzles. Showing a series of random, weird scenarios just because doesn't make a good game.

So THIS was the fantastic, legendary mature game I hyped myself for for like 18 years? This is a worthless piece of garbage, just like Sanitarium was too.

There is no "atmosphere", just characters trying hard to sound sardonic and high-pitched MIDI that's torture for your ears.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Stupid game that falls consistently flat at making a "mature, edgy" story and is full of completely nonsensical puzzles. Showing a series of random, weird scenarios just because doesn't make a good game.

So THIS was the fantastic, legendary mature game I hyped myself for for like 18 years? This is a worthless piece of garbage, just like Sanitarium was too.

There is no "atmosphere", just characters trying hard to sound sardonic and high-pitched MIDI that's torture for your ears.
Go play some Call of Duty.
:troll:

Repressed Homosexual
Also I just saw that this is another game in license hell that was brought back to life by Nightdive Studios, just like System Shock 2, and Wizardry. Man, these guys deserve a medal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom