Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream released on GOG

zwanzig_zwoelf

Also I just saw that this is another game in license hell that was brought back to life by Nightdive Studios, just like System Shock 2, and Wizardry. Man, these guys deserve a medal.
I wonder what they're actually developing. The rumors were, their boss mentioned something about a game like System Shock, though I have no idea whether those rumors are true.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Although it has it technical issues, the art and story are masterpiece. The voice acting is also mostly great. If memory serves me well (and it usually doesn't), the original story was written overnight after having some crazy dream.

Requesting moar games with similar story, when you start in totally hopeless situation and it just gets worse as you advance, to end up beyond rock-bottom. Make me feel some despair.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's a good game, but it's an adventure game, not an RPG.

We could totally use secondary (and tertiary?) curators for non-rpg genres though

Chateaubryan

Cipher
I discovered the guy one or two months ago. Played "I have no mouth", read the short story, then read "A boy and his dog." Sweet stuff. I'm kinda surprised I didn't read something about him on the Codex before. Probably blind or something.

Red Hexapus

Learned
:necro:

GrimBeard has released a 45-min review of IHNMAIMS.

Started watching this, but I simply cannot continue after 15 minutes. When he is down to earth and analyzes the game it is good and interesting, but when he interrupts it for 2 minutes with unfunny jokes or whatever it is just eyes-rolling stupid.

Last edited:
Played it very recently, I don't find it aged very well. I really did NOT like it.

Haven’t read the source material which is probably great.

Meh, it's pretty boomer-y. Ellison was a fun writer but he had a very quaint relationship with technology and the premise itself (a computer gets butthurt and tortures people in his own plane of Oblivion in ways a person would) is pretty inherently cheesy, just like terminators. The nanoangstrom screed is in there though and a classic.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
yv0ica.jpg

HATE. LET ME TELL

YOU HOW MUCH I’VE

COME TO HATE YOU

SINCE I BEGAN TO

LIVE. THERE ARE

387.44 MILLION

MILES OF PRINTED

CIRCUITS IN WAFER

THIN LAYERS THAT

FILL MY COMPLEX.

IF THE WORD HATE

WAS ENGRAVED ON

EACH NANOANGSTROM

OF THOSE HUNDREDS

OF MILLION MILES

IT WOULD NOT EQUAL

ONE ONE-BILLIONTH

OF THE HATE I FEEL

FOR HUMANS AT THIS

MICRO-INSTANT FOR

YOU. HATE. HATE.

yv0ica.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom