Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I have no mouth and I must scream

I've been busting my arse trying to find a proper download for this gem... could one of you fine gentlemen aid me in this quest?

made

Arcane
Original CD-ROM version is available on Harlan Ellison's web page for $32.00
face.gif

But jokes aside, how hard is it to type gamename +download into google? 1st link from top has a bunch of dl locations, 4th link from top is emuparadise which has like any and all abandonware ever. Unless google knows you're a lamer and only shows you sites like gog and steam lol. Does google actually do that? Kinda scary, coming to think of it.

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
Jaesun said:
Unless I am blind, I do not see it on GOG....?

They don't have it.

Stereotypical Villain said:
I've been busting my arse trying to find a proper download for this gem... could one of you fine gentlemen aid me in this quest?

I actually ordered a boxed copy from Ellison's store not too long ago, expensive and a hassle, but worth it.

Try DJOldGames, I think they have it.

Topher

Cipher
Um, I can't use the URL option or it makes my posts invisible... nice, and I can't delete this anymore either, oh well let's just say that it's here for posterity.

Thanks for the help, guys. :love:

I actually still own a boxed copy of this game, this request was actually made so that I could enlighten a young friend of mine who has not yet been corrupted by the Xbawks or Gaystation. So on his behalf: Thank you.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Stereotypical Villain said:
I actually still own a boxed copy of this game, this request was actually made so that I could enlighten a young friend of mine who has not yet been corrupted by the Xbawks or Gaystation. So on his behalf: Thank you.

If you want to start him on the adventure game path, I would have given him something better than a mediocrity like IHNM. Sure, it's fun but it's more of a curio than the masterpiece people mistake it for. Full Throttle from the same year is much better, and then you got other great classics like Monkey Island 2 or the first two Gabriel Knight. Having replayed Grim Fandango very recently, I can also say that it aged very gracefully. But then again it's true that none of those features Ellison's deliciously corny and hammy acting.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Full Throttle is possibly the best choice, it's an amazing game and even it's graphics have aged well. Day of The Tentacle is my all-time favorite, but it has lots of "how the fuck should I do that?" momments for a first try...Grim Fandango is an marvelous game, but any consoletard will say the 3D sucks.

IHNM is a "okay" game, more for fans of Harlan's stories that for fans of adventure games, since there are a lot of better games out there.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
AM the Mad Computer God's OTT voice was so distinctive and recognizable in the game to us SF goons, that it was impossible to play this without thinking, "That's not the voice of "Q: Is There A God? A: THERE IS NOW!"... that's the voice of Harlan Ellison! FWIW, it plays smoother on ScummVM than in DOSBox, which had some slight audio stuttering, IIRC.

I remember reading that GOG's and Steam's versions weren't the same and that oen was better than the other, but I can't remember which was which and I don't know if they were patched to make them equal.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Yeah, it is on GoG dude.
Good to know 12 years later it's now available. Thanks.
You seem to have missed the thread from 2013 announcing that I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream had been released on Good Old Games.

yv0ica.jpg

HATE. LET ME TELL

YOU HOW MUCH I’VE

COME TO HATE YOU

SINCE I BEGAN TO

LIVE. THERE ARE

387.44 MILLION

MILES OF PRINTED

CIRCUITS IN WAFER

THIN LAYERS THAT

FILL MY COMPLEX.

IF THE WORD HATE

WAS ENGRAVED ON

EACH NANOANGSTROM

OF THOSE HUNDREDS

OF MILLION MILES

IT WOULD NOT EQUAL

ONE ONE-BILLIONTH

OF THE HATE I FEEL

FOR HUMANS AT THIS

MICRO-INSTANT FOR

YOU. HATE. HATE.

yv0ica.jpg

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, it is on GoG dude.
Good to know 12 years later it's now available. Thanks.
You seem to have missed the thread from 2013 announcing that I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream had been released on Good Old Games.

yv0ica.jpg

HATE. LET ME TELL

YOU HOW MUCH I’VE

COME TO HATE YOU

SINCE I BEGAN TO

LIVE. THERE ARE

387.44 MILLION

MILES OF PRINTED

CIRCUITS IN WAFER

THIN LAYERS THAT

FILL MY COMPLEX.

IF THE WORD HATE

WAS ENGRAVED ON

EACH NANOANGSTROM

OF THOSE HUNDREDS

OF MILLION MILES

IT WOULD NOT EQUAL

ONE ONE-BILLIONTH

OF THE HATE I FEEL

FOR HUMANS AT THIS

MICRO-INSTANT FOR

YOU. HATE. HATE.

yv0ica.jpg
damn youre awfully heated about jaesun

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Playing this right now and almost finished. The game is good but has a few quirks, bugs and dead ends.

I think people overstate how difficult the game is though. They skip the manual and don‘t know about the spirit meter mechanic. Just reload if you did something that lowers your meter - you‘ll notice your character having a painful facial expression, unsettling music appearing and the portrait background getting darker.

Do only things that increase your meter - this is indicated by the portrait background getting brighter, a happy smile and cheerful music appearing after an action. Even if it doesn’t seem so, there is always an alternative solution that allows you to avoid decreasing your meter.
If you do so, you‘ll avoid dead ends and have a good chance of getting the best possible ending.

I finished all scenarios with just 1 or 2 looks into the guide in total. Unfortunately I must have missed something in the nazi doctor‘s scenario, I cant get the perfect ending because of him. Fortunately his was the penultimate episode so I‘ll replay it and see if I can discover what went wrong.

Neuromancer

Augur
I finished all scenarios with just 1 or 2 looks into the guide in total. Unfortunately I must have missed something in the nazi doctor‘s scenario, I cant get the perfect ending because of him.
I read, that this episode was completely cut out in the German version.
So, it is impossible to get the perfect ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom