Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I may just have found the best game ever

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Code:
You finished with the following stats: 

7% Brutality vs. 93% Finesse 

95% Cunning vs. 5% Honor 

65% Disdain vs. 35% Vigilance 

Infamy: 79% 

Wealth: 21050 gold coins 

Wounds: 0 

Blasphemy: 1
Liked the game very much. Would play another.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

4% Brutality vs. 96% Finesse

37% Cunning vs. 63% Honor

65% Disdain vs. 35% Vigilance

Infamy: 44%

Wealth: 15750 gold coins

Blasphemy: 2

Definitely going in more rounds to see what I can do with it.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is my dragon Reksio at the end:

49% Brutality vs. 51% Finesse
50% Cunning vs. 50% Honor
70% Disdain vs. 30% Vigilance
Infamy: 49%
Wealth: 15000 gold coins
Wounds: 3

Nedrah

Erudite
Konjad said:
best game ever - no
best browser game ever - definitely yes!

Fair enough.

Now that everyone has had the chance to play, how about we compile a codex certified list of improvements / wish list to be considered for the next game, to be sent to the devs once we're done?

Here's my (obvious to debatable) suggestions:

- There should be no stats that serve simply as a high-score. Wealth could be used to gather/equip some troops for the critical fights, for example.

-(a) Purely cosmetic choices should be avoided. Nothing against options like the "internet message board" one - that was the first time a game had me really laughing out loud in ages. However, there need to be some true branches.

- (b) If a choice is introduced, it should have a consequence later on. It simply *should* matter whether we just dump the wizard after we won the battle or take him home and reward him.

- Coming to think of it, there should be more opportunities to truly fail. Being too blasphemous is a start, but how about becoming so disdainful that you simply don't care about the world anymore, thus ending the game prematurely in a 1000 year nap?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

6% Brutality vs. 94% Finesse

55% Cunning vs. 45% Honor

72% Disdain vs. 28% Vigilance

Infamy: 54%

Wealth: 18650 gold coins

Wounds: 1

Blasphemy: 0

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

5% Brutality vs. 95% Finesse

26% Cunning vs. 74% Honor

34% Disdain vs. 66% Vigilance

Infamy: 41%

Wealth: 16500 gold coins

Wounds: 2

I'm a big, bad dragon, rawr >:3

Anyway, if you wan't a real C&C game masterpiece try MASQ.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Nedrah said:
Now that everyone has had the chance to play, how about we compile a codex certified list of improvements / wish list to be considered for the next game, to be sent to the devs once we're done?

Here's my (obvious to debatable) suggestions:

- There should be no stats that serve simply as a high-score. Wealth could be used to gather/equip some troops for the critical fights, for example.

-(a) Purely cosmetic choices should be avoided. Nothing against options like the "internet message board" one - that was the first time a game had me really laughing out loud in ages. However, there need to be some true branches.

- (b) If a choice is introduced, it should have a consequence later on. It simply *should* matter whether we just dump the wizard after we won the battle or take him home and reward him.

- Coming to think of it, there should be more opportunities to truly fail. Being too blasphemous is a start, but how about becoming so disdainful that you simply don't care about the world anymore, thus ending the game prematurely in a 1000 year nap?
- Improved stats sheet, the one in Dragon only shoes a few progress bars but never tells you your exact level until the end.

- Speaking of stats, a few more to better flesh out the role playing wouldn't hurt either.

Murk

Arcane
reccomendations: full timey war after you gather the humans that is more than 2 simple options, have something like troop placement, using your own wealth to gear them out, and choice of which of your champions to lead the campaign?

more than 1 race as subservient would be cool - I liked having goblin chumps but wouldn't mind playing favourites between some races as to where I make my lair and what benefits/costs that entails. for instance, goblins are dumb and easy to conquer but have a less safe stronghold and are often defeated by other stronger races. humans are smart and require a smarter dragon to lead but are more fearful and so will serve you less loyally, orcs require a great deal of cunning and strength and often get bold enough to challenge you, that kind of stuff.

alternate branches - have the chapters have different routes (difficult, but this is where that quality comes from) so each chapter isn't just a different way to solve the same problem. instances like whether you go up to the queen or let her come to you were cool.

have champions - like the goblin hero, that if you play your cards right will eventually bring you great armies, glory, treasure, etc. and you can use them to handle problems and/or expand your domain. basically this would kind of break open into a semi Age of Wonders style game, but still text based I suppose...

Murk

Arcane
Trying alter-ego right now, it appears to be much much longer but fails to deliver the awesomeness of eating princesses in front of adventurers to demoralize them, then proceeding to pounce on them with extreme prejudice

these are important aspects in gaming to me and i'd appreciate it if you guys would be a little more open minded to my needs ;/

edit: yeah i got responses like that as well ;(

Nedrah

Erudite
That's right. Alter ego may be a browser game, it may be multiple choice based and it may simulate some kind of life... But it lacks all the awesomeness, humor and general dragon-ness.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
5% Brutality vs. 95% Finesse

40% Cunning vs. 60% Honor

61% Disdain vs. 39% Vigilance

Infamy: 29%

Wealth: 17500 gold coins

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Does getting a mate matter in any way in the game? It seems like it's totally separated from the rest of the gameplay; whether you get one or not doesn't seem to change anything and if you do get one and get her to live at your place :)smug:) it's still never mentioned or used again. I really expected the option to have your mate stand guard while you hibernate or have her help on the assault on the tower.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Nedrah said:
That's right. Alter ego may be a browser game, it may be multiple choice based and it may simulate some kind of life... But it lacks all the awesomeness, humor and general dragon-ness.

Actually Alter Ego can be quite funny. And I'd say that the scope of the game is "awesome".

I dunno, maybe in this modernized version you can become a drug-abusing serial rapist tranny through the right choices?

Big Nose George

Educated
Trash said:
Big Nose George said:
Is there a full text of all c and c available?

Why? All the fun is in trying new combinations. For instance you can instantly get rid of the adventurers with just one single choice.

Well, I ran 3 times. Thats way more than I usually do.

Fat Dragon's link http://www.ffproject.com/bodies.htm is nice. Rolled a
SKILL 12
STAMINA 23
LUCK 12
SANITY 9
character. Took knife fighting and brawling as proficiencie. Spoilers follow. Rolled with a train to town. Got robbed by a sexy chick (at least wasn't raped). Went to library. Found the witness. Witness got shot. Killed 2 cultists without even taking damage. Went to the hideout. Fount a silver knife +10 against Chtulu and a revolver. Got down to the basement. Killed 2 more cultist without taking damage. Killed the two monsters with 12 stamina left. Shot the shaman. Abrupt ending.

And this page has full transcripts of what you have missed as .doc files.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
First dragon

6% Brutality vs. 94% Finesse

88% Cunning vs. 12% Honor

72% Disdain vs. 28% Vigilance

Infamy: 52%

Wealth: 21150 gold coins

Fun little game, I'll keep an eye out for their next effort.

Humanophage

Arcane
King of Dragon Pass > Alter Ego > Choice of the Dragon

Beyond the Wall of Stars comes to mind as well, though its reception was awful. Still, the world needs more choose-your-own-adventure games instead of the usual interactive fiction.

89% Brutality vs. 11% Finesse
42% Cunning vs. 58% Honor
7% Disdain vs. 93% Vigilance
Infamy: 84%
Wealth: 19650 gold coins
Wounds: 1

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Choice was a fun little game. Ended up getting killed by some deity I had angered. Well, at least I aimed for divinity. It was a good way to die.

What the fuck is this shit? After ten minutes of nothing but CREATE YOUR FURSONA I quit this retardiness.

What the fuck Codex? Since when is this some furfag central?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom