Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I really like this place a lot

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I just discovered this website a couple of days ago when googling around to see which Gothic game people liked the best. I wish I'd known about it years ago. The first thing I noticed here was the post ratings. Most of them are hilarious. When you can call someone a cuck without having to type it out you know you're living in the future. Then I saw that you can say nigger here. Then I saw a dev from a game I enjoyed posting.

Afterwards I did a little googling about this place and found a bunch of reddit fags complaining about how vile and racist this place is and how they can't even. At that point I knew I had to register. I haven't felt this at home since I found Voat. Except this place is even better because you guys don't hate vidya.

So thanks for existing I guess.

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I just discovered this website a couple of days ago when googling around to see which Gothic game people liked the best. I wish I'd known about it years ago. The first thing I noticed here was the post ratings. Most of them are hilarious. When you can call someone a cuck without having to type it out you know you're living in the future. Then I saw that you can say nigger here. Then I saw a dev from a game I enjoyed posting.

Afterwards I did a little googling about this place and found a bunch of reddit fags complaining about how vile and racist this place is and how they can't even. At that point I knew I had to register. I haven't felt this at home since I found Voat. Except this place is even better because you guys don't hate vidya.

So thanks for existing I guess.
Welcome, newbro.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
stay away from the disco cabal and you will be fine, OP
th

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Welcome, newbro.
He's definitely an alt.

I wish I were an alt. Then I probably wouldn't have missed years of good threads.

Welcome to the RPGCodex

Faggot:happytrollboy:

Precisely the welcome I was hoping for

cant be fluent; he/she hasnt paid for patron status three seconds after signing up

Honestly I considered it. That's how good my first impression was here. I'll hang around for a while before doing anything rash like that though.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Everyone's real quick to exchange niceties with the newfag, but let's wait and see what his opinions on

1) Turn-based vs RTwP?
2) Infinity Engine games from best to worst?
3) What do you think about each installment in the FO series? When does the decline start?
4) ELEX?
5) Top ten RPGs?

before we just welcome him in with open arms.

EDIT: Followups,

6) Underrail and AoD? Have you played, and if so, impressions?
7) Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2, opinions?
8) Disco Elysium?
9) Do you enjoy any blobbers, and if so, which?
10) Which Elder Scrolls games, if any, do you like?

Last edited:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Everyone's real quick to exchange niceties with the newfag, but let's wait and see what his opinions on

1) Turn-based vs RTwP?
2) Infinity Engine games from best to worst?
3) What do you think about each installment in the FO series? When does the decline start?
4) ELEX?
5) Top ten RPGs?

before we just welcome him in with open arms.

1) RTwP for cRPGs. Turn based is for JRPGs and strategy games
2) Planescape: Torment, BG2, BG1, Throne of Bhaal, wasn't super into either Icewind Dale and barely remember them. IWD felt kind of half assed and lame playing it after BG2. I missed the companion banter and class kits.
3) Didn't play the first two because I don't like turn based cRPGs. 3, New Vegas, and 4 are shit. I beat all three of them and couldn't tell you a single thing about them because nothing was memorable.
4) ELEX was awesome, but the combat could have been better. Risen has the best combat of any PB game. I also wish the faction choices had been a bit more balanced.
5) In no particular order: Gothic 1 & 2, Risen, ELEX, BG2, Planescape, Bloodlines, Kingdom Come, Final Fantasy VII, Crisis Core. I'll get hate for the last two, but it was a sea of controversial picks no matter what after the first 8. At least those two make the storyfag in me happy. There are a lot of other RPGs that are about as good as those last two picks, but I'm hyped for the remake right now and the weeb in me demands I list at least one JRPG.

Do you liek doggies?

Doggos are god's greatest gift to man.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
6) Underrail and AoD? Have you played, and if so, impressions?
7) Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2, opinions?
8) Disco Elysium?
9) Do you enjoy any blobbers, and if so, which?
10) Which Elder Scrolls games, if any, do you like?

6) Haven't even heard of these
7) Don't like turn based. Don't like controlling the conversation of both characters in a conversation. Feels like masturbation. Didn't get far in the first and skipped the second.
8) No combat. Sounds more like a visual novel than an RPG from what I hear
9) Never heard of a blobber
10) Oblivion was ok. Didn't care for Morrowind or Skyrim

More importantly, what is your stance on elves?

Elves are gay

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Please restrict your operations to the JRPG subforum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom