Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment .

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
There is no reason at all to be a warrior or thief in this game. Mage is only proper class to be.
I've played as a fighter on my first playthrough and it was amazing.

I think it might not be fair to judge games so harshly for their ability to maintain multiple playthrougs. It's not chess or some moba that has to be balanced for thousands of games. If the initial playthrough provides a good experience then a game is good.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Both warriors and thiefs should have their own quests and locations available only to them. Then they would be not so pointless anymore.
They should, but those quests are not the point, the point if the world and the journey. It's still there, even if you can't unlock memories or whatever.

But since this thread is about replaying PST I guess it's understandable to point out the flaws you notice the second time around.

Actually, many crpgs are like that. Including Fallout. They show you a bunch of options, making your initial experience unique, since it's so different from all the others you could've chosen. But later on it turns out there are at best 1 or 2 more viable builds.

ekrolo2

Learned
1 more thing:
It piss me off that planescape the very best fantasy setting in existence is dead (in crpg at least ) while forgotten realms the very worst fantasy setting in existence is alive and kicking :negative:
It should stay dead, imagine some current year fuckwit trying to "modernize" it for today's audiences. The very thought gives me incurrable ball cancer.

Dated. 2d graphics in low resolution = shit. S
so like 90% locations looks banal shit boring on top of game having very dated 2d graphics. Remake on modern 3d engine would be glorious. Sadly this will never happen.

And for those occasions everyone should have a mobile guillotine in their home prepared.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1 more thing:
It piss me off that planescape the very best fantasy setting in existence is dead (in crpg at least ) while forgotten realms the very worst fantasy setting in existence is alive and kicking :negative:

People are retards. This is why Fortnite made more money in one year than all of Codex's beloved Very Good Games™ combined.

:negative:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
But others are very banal looking like entire sigil,
curst and bator
so like 90% locations looks banal shit boring on top of game having very dated 2d graphics. Remake on modern 3d engine would be glorious.
:hmmm:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Planescape Torment is an overrated overhyped isometric visual novel that "huuuuurd core" codexers promote as the best thing since sliced bread because they know only them have played it, after all most people aren't into garbage games.
Literally no one thinks PST is hardcore. Don't be a retarded butthurt faggot just because people here prefer good games to your console trash.

Ihavenoidea

Educated
There seems to be so few mods for PST I think

Why is that?
It's pretty self - contained. You could add Morte learning more curses for example, but I guess for a complete overhaul Fallout engine is better (dozen mods) and for small stuff... We all know what Beamdog did.

Goldschmidt

Learned
If you are a storyfag, it is the best game evaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are a combatfag however, you wonder what the fuckin deal is with this game.

The position of PST on the top 100 codex list is a good indicator of the amount of current storyfags roaming the board.

One redeeming quality however is that PST was developed for PC first. I'll give it that.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
To come back to "only viable class is the wizard":

I don't think so. Wizard is the strongest class by far, especially if you multiclass with fighter for better Thac0 and APR and everything.
But you can make a high WIS/STR fighter and do just fine on a replay. The game drops a stupendous amount of very good weapons for you, that only the Nameless One as a fighter can use. With those equiped the long passages of slaying trash mobs in sewers/prison become much more bearable. The only problem you get is how you balance your points between INT/CHA/CON for checks and hp. But with the friends spell being available to Dakkon and later as a consumable you can probably dump CHA and as lawfull good you can eat those blood tears for more CON.
Rogue is kinda pointless since everyone has Annah in their party, and there is not really a point to having two thieves. The best thief weapons are usually punchdaggers, and Annah can wear those aswell.
But you can treat it as a hardmode, or use it for low party runs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom