Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Inquisitor - alternate timeline where Jesus came off the cross and killed the non-believers

ADL

Prophet
https://theinquisitor.game

"I, the Inquisitor'' is a story-driven, dark fantasy adventure game with action elements and difficult moral choices. Based on the bestselling Inquisitor book series by Jacek Piekara, the game takes place in an alternative religious timeline. Once nailed to the cross and near death, Jesus becomes consumed by utter rage. He breaks free and unleashes violent vengeance on all the non-believers. Centuries pass and now an army of zealot Inquisitors brutally enforce the faith in this bloodsoaked Church.

You are Mordimer Madderdin, an Inquisitor in God's service - sent to the town of Konigstein which is plagued by a series of mysteries and sin. Solve the various cases and crimes of those who have transgressed against the faith, all while uncovering the truth of a darker evil from another realm that is trying to enter the world of the living.

Your role as an Inquisitor is to maintain order and enforce the faith in God. But the world is full of sinners who have lost their way. Decide the fates of those you judge in multiple story-driven cases and missions. This is a world where morality and what is right have long strayed from each other. So, will you show mercy or undying belief in holy law?

This is a dark and gritty story centered around a religion preaching revenge and violence. Multiple branching story choices will test your morality. Choose your path and decide what kind of Inquisitor you will be - one of pity or one of retribution - and ultimately what mark you leave on this world.
Anyone read these books?
59689179_2170747763004549_3921253395482017792_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wishbonetail

Learned
"I, the Inquisitor'' is a story-driven, dark fantasy adventure game with action elements and difficult moral choices. Based on the bestselling Inquisitor book series by Jacek Piekara, the game takes place in an alternative religious timeline. Once nailed to the cross and near death, Jesus becomes consumed by utter rage. He breaks free and unleashes violent vengeance on all the non-believers. Centuries pass and now an army of zealot Inquisitors brutally enforce the faith in this bloodsoaked Church."

Why is it "dark fantasy" though? Sounds like reality to me.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Violence, sex, vulgarity... and a lot of wood but not the good one. This is made in Gothic worshipping country and you can see it.
Now we know where CD Project&Reality Pump devs (Two Words) went

notpl

Arbiter
Over-the-shoulder camera, cinematic slow walks, glowing detective vision mode, rhythm combat - looks like awful new-school action garbage regardless of the set-dressing and fantasy veneers.

Harthwain

Magister
The premise is pretty hipster. I approve!

I am eye-ing the "Action RPG" tag with suspiction though, because I doubt in capabilities of most developers to make it feel interesting. Gothic was the exception proving the rule. Also, I have yet to see an actual detective game. Most games are mislabeled, sadly. Maybe this one will be The One, but I remain highly skeptical until I see it with my own eyes.

Why is it "dark fantasy" though? Sounds like reality to me.
Probably because the supernatural aspects are real in this universe, like in Darklands. Atmosphere-wise I am getting slight The Witcher vibes. At least such are my impressions from the trailer.

Zenithsan

Educated
Over-the-shoulder camera, cinematic slow walks, glowing detective vision mode, rhythm combat - looks like awful new-school action garbage regardless of the set-dressing and fantasy veneers.

Glad to see more people with eyes.
It's not hyperbole; videogames are dead.

Except for a few indies, of course.

ADL

Prophet
c2Akder.png

More of an RPG than some of the shit in there.
"I, the Inquisitor'' is a story-driven, dark fantasy adventure game with action elements and difficult moral choices.
This is a dark and gritty story centered around a religion preaching revenge and violence. Multiple branching story choices will test your morality. Choose your path and decide what kind of Inquisitor you will be - one of pity or one of retribution - and ultimately what mark you leave on this world.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://itheinquisitor.game

"I, the Inquisitor'' is a story-driven, dark fantasy adventure game with action elements and difficult moral choices. Based on the bestselling Inquisitor book series by Jacek Piekara, the game takes place in an alternative religious timeline. Once nailed to the cross and near death, Jesus becomes consumed by utter rage. He breaks free and unleashes violent vengeance on all the non-believers. Centuries pass and now an army of zealot Inquisitors brutally enforce the faith in this bloodsoaked Church.

You are Mordimer Madderdin, an Inquisitor in God's service - sent to the town of Konigstein which is plagued by a series of mysteries and sin. Solve the various cases and crimes of those who have transgressed against the faith, all while uncovering the truth of a darker evil from another realm that is trying to enter the world of the living.

Your role as an Inquisitor is to maintain order and enforce the faith in God. But the world is full of sinners who have lost their way. Decide the fates of those you judge in multiple story-driven cases and missions. This is a world where morality and what is right have long strayed from each other. So, will you show mercy or undying belief in holy law?

Anyone read these books?
59689179_2170747763004549_3921253395482017792_n.jpg

HeroMarine this game y/n?

Ihavenoidea

Educated
They're gonna struggle to squeeze trannies and SJW bollocks into a game of this nature at least.
Yeah, I don't think that the author would accept this. He's not like "Geralt can start in a soap commercial if you pay me enough" Sapkowski.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
actually... is any of his work translated to english? Quick look at amazon shows only polish titles and one italian

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom