Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Inquisitor - alternate timeline where Jesus came off the cross and killed the non-believers

wishbonetail

Learned
Except for the fact that many of the books prophesying Yeshua were written hundreds of years before he was born like Isaiah and Daniel.
Books of Isaiah and Daniel were written hundreds of years after Jesus.

Harthwain

Magister
The problem with this line of thinking is that it supposes God is constrained inside of time (or inside a single instance of a multiverse), but by definition He would have to be outside of temporal limitations to be God. Plus, there's all the Old Testament prophecies of the suffering servant, and Theophanies of Christ, not to mention history that would have to be different for this to happen. I contend that in any version of reality, this would have to be a constant.
Our assumptions on the existence or the nature of God are nothing more than speculations. Supposedly there are books that contain The Truth™, but said truth appears to vary from religion to religion. As does the number of divine beings, their commandments and even names. So the whole "definition of God" is a bit questionable basis to support our understanding of God.

Assuming there are other instances of a multiverse and the existence of the same God in them, if God gave humans the free will then isn't it likely some divergences would happen, should God not interfere overtly into human affairs? If anything I find it highly unlikely that there are other instances of a multiverse and they are all the same when even a slight variation ought to have a cascading impact on history as we know it. I find it also very telling that the more we move into the modern times, the more withdrawn the God and his miracles are, compared to ancient times. So I am skeptical of this constant you're speaking of.

Now, that being said it's a work of fiction, so the author can do whatever he wants in his world. It's still heresy.
It's not really heresy when it's a work of fiction.

Not having read the books, I wonder what things in the world are different: Does Christ rule bodily from a throne somewhere? Is the 2nd Temple of Solomon still standing? Are there still sacrifices for atonement? Does "Christianity" exist? If it does, it probably looks more like Islam (which wouldn't exist). Did he punish the Romans and the Sanhedrin? This does mean Talmudic Judiaism wouldn't exist (incline).
In a somewhat loose order:

- Christ did behead the last Roman Emperor and conquered the Empire. I can't recall how big of a hand he had in establishing the post-Roman world order though. There is an empire (Holy Roman Empire, if I am not mistaken), which is likely what was built after the conquest of the Roman Empire.

- By the end of the 4th book

his bodily form is in some form of coma and his rotting body has to be sustained with blood of angels

- I don't think the Second Temple is ever mentioned, but Jesus killed all Jews in Judea who didn't follow him and is called "The Butcher of Nazareth". Some escaped the slaughter to Persia and China. Also, they suffer from some kind of worm-inflicted curse, which is their payment for betraying the Lord (if memory serves).

- Islam doesn't happen.

- Persian Empire still exists.

- There is a strong Poland (Kingdom of the Three Seas).

the biggest problem with them was that the author use the same phrases in every book so after reading 2/3 of them you can start skipping pages at least main hero
That's why I can't recommend anyone reading past the first four books.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Except for the fact that many of the books prophesying Yeshua were written hundreds of years before he was born like Isaiah and Daniel.

This is the dumbest statement I've ever read on here and that's saying something. Welcome to the stupid list. Enjoy your stay with the rest of the retards.

Harthwain

Magister
This is the dumbest statement I've ever read on here and that's saying something. Welcome to the stupid list. Enjoy your stay with the rest of the retards.
:nocountryforshitposters:

JamesDixon
Dumbfuck!
patron3.gif

dumbfuck.gif

20582.jpg

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Harthwain

Magister
The author wrote a bunch of heretical shit, doesn't understand Christology, and blatantly ripped of 40k.

Good to know I was right. Edgy atheist Poles strike again.
Piekara is not an atheist and neither am I.

Edit: "I always pited atheists because as far as I can remember the existence of the supernatural being, or beings, and life after death was obvious to me".

By the way, I don't get the butthurt over "the author writing a bunch of heretical shit and not understanding Christology" since it is not supposed to either thighly follow "Christology" nor the official doctrine as it's purely fictional work to offer a window into a less merciful take on Christianity (and maybe provoke some thoughts by the contrast).

Last edited:

wishbonetail

Learned

Heh, so soft, squirmy, easily triggered. Do you want to speak about our Lord and Savior Poseidon?

wishbonetail

Learned
Okay, for everyone who doesnt have piss-for-brains. No fucking book in Bible were written by the Daniel, Moses, Isaiah, Aron or any other mythological motherfucker. No historical data determines the existence of said persons or that it was written at the time it states. THE oldest historical Bible document is Dead Sea Scrolls 250BC-100AD max. That is it, nothing is older, except for ancient verbal Jewish folklore. If someone believes in prophecies, mythical beings or thooth fairies it is no more than his own personal childhood trauma.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Harthwain

Magister
Hey religiontards, I have one question

Who asked?
And who asked you? If you don't like a particular discussion you can always skip past it. Or straight up add people to the ignore list. So what is exactly your problem that you have to try and shut down a discussion (which petered out anyway)? Like, literally, WTF?

lightbane

Arcane
A (bad) Twitcher clone is shoved here in GG instead of the RPG subforum, for some reason. Meanwhile, Sonic, which has 0 JRPG gameplay, is stuck in JRPG subforum. Also, lol theological discussions to boot.

The Codex is getting dumber and dumber these days.

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
I'm starting to think that the word " Witcher" is slowly becoming a synonym of Poland.

Strig

Learned
lol at being too scared to write a story about islam so you just pretend christianity is islam
This would probably be the case if Piekara was a westerner, like when Atwood wrote "Handmaid's Tale" after the Iranian Revolution, but he's Polish. His Twitter is half-filled with dunks on Islam, feminists and all manner of other undesirables.

Narax

Educated
I like the overall theme and premise, it's different from the lame generic shit we get these days. The quality of the graphics and gameplay looks like something from the early days of Spiders studio, which i don't mind, I like that sort of eurojank.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THE BIBLE CAN BE MADE MUCH BETTER

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom