Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Inquisitor - alternate timeline where Jesus came off the cross and killed the non-believers

Gerrard

Arcane
we need all of polish cringe fantasy made into games, including Pan Lodowego Ogrodu, Achaja, Wegner's books etc.
Maybe they should just do some based on Stanisław Lem's work.
There is some literallywho studio working on a walking sim/adventure game/horror vaporware
https://invinciblethegame.com/game

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1880470/view/5863138579784050863
Did you know?
ae339a1465d2096b5352c9754d1530efd781ab15.png

Mordimer Madderdin’s past is not very often discussed and little detail is shared on the pages of the books by Jacek Piekara. Until the release of Płomień i krzyż (Fire and cross) the origin of this character was shrouded in mystery. Finally, the author decided to shed some light on Mordimer’s background in the story about Piękna Katarzyna (Beautiful Catherine).

[discord.gg]

Beautiful Catherine was a courtesan and an apprentice to an old witch. Apart from conning wealthy noble men into buying her precious gifts, her ultimate goal was to gain access to Sahor Szefer – a book of dark magic. She was ready to do anything to become the most powerful of witches. Even giving away her firstborn.

She never knew exactly what happened when she brought her son to the witch, but she noticed that he has changed. Sometime later, she was captured by the inquisitors, tortured, and burnt at the stake.

Add “I, the Inquisitor” to your wishlist for more insights into the story of the fantasy world of the game.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1880470/view/3365892887486208689
Bringing the world of “I, the Inquisitor” to life
Motion capture sessions
521c922d12d94685eeaaf47a72478751a0d533ed.png

Working on
“I, the Inquisitor”
is a fun experience for our team. Especially when between coding and designing there’s time for some mo-cap sessions. We’ve teamed up with some of the actors from AST in Wroclaw to help us with the character animations and it was a blast.

We want to achieve the highest level of immersion possible so that the players around the globe can fully appreciate the fantasy world of
“I, the Inquisitor”
while stepping into the shoes of Mordimer Madderdin. Motion Capture is just another way of bringing it to life – next to the realistic town of Koenigstein, interesting lore and an engaging story.

0a05279c9542be1741cf97b3848e533385725a13.gif

The sessions included interrogation animation, cut-scenes and, of course, sword fighting. To help us achieve realistic movement we’ve utilised the cutting-edge Xsens MVN Animate system and we can’t wait for you to see the final results in our upcoming devlogs.

4e5c55f36a9c7dbdd6eb3f4a87bf2fd4d6a62f3f.gif

Add the game to your wishlist and keep an eye out for more exciting content.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Have they also revealed something about gameplay? Because their Jesus-complex interests me fairly little.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
At first I thought you played as a pissed of Jesus and I was interested. Now I am a lot less interested.

Shin

Cipher
At first I thought you played as a pissed of Jesus and I was interested. Now I am a lot less interested.

yeah they're wasting a good concept here

buffmusuclar-jesus1hgjgjgjggh-original-710-430.jpg

chad jesus gets off the cross and beats the shit outta everybody

ff0a477905e4b646d9a6a7de215e89cf.jpg

he prays to his dad for the strength to beat the shit out of every roman, arab and jew he comes across and god grants him ultimate muscle power

hqdefault.jpg

during his travels you can recruit other minor deities, like this hindu shit

hqdefault.jpg

you face various bosses, such as mohammed

evil%2Bgod.jpg

the final boss is yer dad, god himself cause he's an asshole anyway

but yeah that would've been a nice game, this inquisitor shit seems more like a witcher 3 mod

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
does that still run on the Car Mechanic Simulator engine?

doesn't our surrected Lord and Redeemer deserve a little more effort than this?

Jj678pi.png

aH7DVCP.png

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

yeah they're wasting a good concept here

buffmusuclar-jesus1hgjgjgjggh-original-710-430.jpg

chad jesus gets off the cross and beats the shit outta everybody

ff0a477905e4b646d9a6a7de215e89cf.jpg

he prays to his dad for the strength to beat the shit out of every roman, arab and jew he comes across and god grants him ultimate muscle power

hqdefault.jpg

during his travels you can recruit other minor deities, like this hindu shit

hqdefault.jpg

you face various bosses, such as mohammed

evil%2Bgod.jpg

the final boss is yer dad, god himself cause he's an asshole anyway

but yeah that would've been a nice game, this inquisitor shit seems more like a witcher 3 mod

Oropay

Educated
Death's Door - https://youtu.be/YjO5PuXJO48

I don't know what I hold in my hand
Could it be that I'm evil?
Plunder on, there's no law in this land
The horror guides me through
Masterer and subjector of pain
I'm the god of the worms
Devil's legion controls the insane
You'll see it when I'm through

I'll hang you higher than before
I'll leave you lying at death's door

Over ruler, enslaver of blood
She's impaled in the fire
Fear of God drags her name through the mud
Now her life's cut short
Dominator and firmer of sins
I'm the lord of the wastelands
Bloody hammers and burning hot pins
Her story shall be told

I'll hang you higher than before
I'll leave you lying at death's door

I'm the juster and steerer of good
As they lace my hand with gold
I'll stand guard as she's nailed to the wood
No truer man than me
I'm the king and tormentor of all
As I travel the cities
Broken peasants and mayors shall call
My bloodlust never ends

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1880470/view/3403051389373336960
An inquisitor's best friend
e479d06dff7cf50f3eb2199d901ef3c307073a3e.png

Even though inquisitors are trained in sword combat, they might not always have equal chances against a bigger group of enemies or even one powerful foe. That’s when shersken becomes a useful ally. Veteran inquisitors like Mordimer Madderdin are well aware of its capabilities and always carry a pouch of shersken attached to their belts or in their pockets.

[discord.gg]

Shersken can be used in several ways. In small doses, it can heal many different illnesses. When used in large quantities, it becomes a deadly and undetectable poison. It can also be used in combat since when thrown in an opponent’s face, it can blind them for a period of time and cause a great deal of pain. This dirty trick can create an opening for an attack or help the inquisitor to escape from battle unscathed.

ef12f2decdee6fd9139493429bec8d2e126a86dd.gif

The origin of this herbal mix is unknown, but it’s believed that the Byzantine Empire originally crafted the recipe. No one knows how and when the Inqusitorium learned how to prepare shersken for its own purpose. The inquisitors need to place an order for each portion and explain how was the previous one used. The place where shersken is prepared remains a mystery.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Ugh. This dogshit reminds me of an ultra-cringe YA series that I read in middle school called "Sandman Slim". Similarly blasphemous and generally embarrassing, although more generic; it seems like every YA series is some contemporary fantasy shit with secret societes and vaguely Abrahamic mythological setting.

An RPG about being a cool inquisitor sounds pretty cool, but not when it's some faggy lukewarn Pole shit where my protagonist is gonna cry about having to do his job. There is an actual isometric CRPG called "Inquisitor" which received some positive press on the Codex. It's sat unplayed in my library for over a year at this point, so I guess I'll give it a try. I hope the protagonist of that game is actually cool and the story doesn't devolve into some hippie atheist faggotry (or a Reddit-tier "SLAY LE HEATHENS" 40k ripoff like this retarded game).

Acrux

Arcane
There is an actual isometric CRPG called "Inquisitor" which received some positive press on the Codex. It's sat unplayed in my library for over a year at this point, so I guess I'll give it a try. I hope the protagonist of that game is actually cool and the story doesn't devolve into some hippie atheist faggotry (or a Reddit-tier "SLAY LE HEATHENS" 40k ripoff like this retarded game).

It's good, if you can appreciate the slow combat. And you can definitely play it completely straight. It's biggest problem is repetitive combat in the 2nd half.

And feel no shame to cheat yourself some extra speed. The only thing it does is make your movement faster, and early on you will be very slow.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There is an actual isometric CRPG called "Inquisitor" which received some positive press on the Codex. [--] and the story doesn't devolve into some hippie atheist faggotry (or a Reddit-tier "SLAY LE HEATHENS" 40k ripoff like this retarded game).
Well, it is a thing. But you get to torture heretic demon-worshippers for a confession, women included. Probably will be the last game where that is possible.

Mikeal

Arcane
Ugh. This dogshit reminds me of an ultra-cringe YA series that I read in middle school called "Sandman Slim". Similarly blasphemous and generally embarrassing, although more generic; it seems like every YA series is some contemporary fantasy shit with secret societes and vaguely Abrahamic mythological setting.

An RPG about being a cool inquisitor sounds pretty cool, but not when it's some faggy lukewarn Pole shit where my protagonist is gonna cry about having to do his job. There is an actual isometric CRPG called "Inquisitor" which received some positive press on the Codex. It's sat unplayed in my library for over a year at this point, so I guess I'll give it a try. I hope the protagonist of that game is actually cool and the story doesn't devolve into some hippie atheist faggotry (or a Reddit-tier "SLAY LE HEATHENS" 40k ripoff like this retarded game).

Don't worry Mordimer Madderdin loves his job and burns heretics, heatens, witches etc. every time he gets a chance.

MuffinBun

Educated
we need all of polish cringe fantasy made into games, including Pan Lodowego Ogrodu, Achaja, Wegner's books etc.
Horizon: Forbidden West but it's just Achaja. They could even take the pissing mechanic from Death Stranding.

The author wrote a bunch of heretical shit, doesn't understand Christology, and blatantly ripped of 40k.
894.png

ADL

Prophet
Last gen consoles dropped. Nice. The town he's walking around looks good but Mordimer (main character) could use a couple art passes but that could be Gamespot's famously awful YouTube encoding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom