Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Retardo I want to donate to an old campaign

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Now that DU has graciously added an actual tag for the 2020 campaign (Wokedex), I have an insufferable gap between my 2018 and 2020 tags.

I want to donate to the 2019 campaign so that I can get the 2019 tag and put my autism to rest. Alternatively, I can donate big potato to the current campaign, provided the 2019 tag is enabled for me through hackery and magic.

Come to think of it, allowing people to earn previous year's tags by donating can be a great way for the Codex to rack up some extra money. Don't underestimate the power of autistic completionism. Many will do it just to gather as many tags as possible. I can't be the only one like this. Can I?

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Actually, I just went ahead and donated to the only active campaign on behalf of 2019.

Plz gib 2019 tag!!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
You snooze you lose. That's the price you pay for missing out. We can't just give out tags for any of campaign once it's finished. It undermines the system. And if you undermine the system, you get war.

You don't want a war do you?

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

You snooze you lose. That's the price you pay for missing out. We can't just give out tags for any of campaign once it's finished. It undermines the system. And if you undermine the system, you get war.

You don't want a war do you?
Oh come on. I donated potato!! Dates are merely an oppressive social construct anyway.

How about you temporarily activate the 2019 campaign, so I can donate MORE potato, and get the tag that way? Same amount as last time... it's a win-win.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Come to think of it, allowing people to earn previous year's tags by donating can be a great way for the Codex to rack up some extra money. Don't underestimate the power of autistic completionism. Many will do it just to gather as many tags as possible. I can't be the only one like this. Can I?

Well, he has a point, doesn't he?

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

WHAT'S WRONG, LIBERAL?
Your admin hates money and wants the Codex to go bankrupt, apparently.

Hey, DU. I want to give potato in exchange for a silly tag under my profile. In fact I already have, and would give more. Turn on the thinking part of your brain plz. Thx.

P. S. You'll probably earn an entire extra campaign's worth of money from spastic autists like myself, if you open all previous year's campaigns for tag collection for a limited time. Think about it. We are legion.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Unwanted

†††

Patron
I was about to donate precisely $100 (half my annual salary), but Tarantulos did it for me. Thanks man!

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

WHAT'S WRONG, LIBERAL?
Why, thanks for asking, Crispy. Nothing is wrong. Why, is something supposed to be amiss?

Btw, do you like the shiny new tags under my profile? There's three of them, one for each year from 2018, to 2019, to 2020. I bet you wish you could be as cool as me.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You're nothing but a simp and a tag-whore, Liberal.

And DU, have you no integrity, corrupting history and your principles for a tiny bit of change? You should change your tagline to "Professional Throne Shitter" for accuracy.

I'm frankly disgusted by the current shameful proceedings. I'd spit on your future graves, but that'd be too nice for you lot.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Don't forget to add the kotc2 kickstarter badges for the ones who contributed to it, I even made one

2.png

1.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom