Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I warned you, you didn't listen.

Kz3r0

Arcane
From the original thread:
Let me put salt on our wounds guys:
OBSIDIAN KICKSTARTER ANNOUNCED.
The dream game that the Codex always wanted was at hand, Torment' s writing, Arcanum' s character system, Fallout's multiple solutions to quests, TOEE's combat, HERE WE COME.
:yeah:

OBSIDIAN KICKSTARTER GOES LIVE
A spiritual successor to the Infinity engine games, practically Baldur' s gate III.
Oh well, still :incline:.

SEVERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS LATER
Practically it will be Dragon age III.
:hmmm:
Oct 2, 2012
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...to-the-new-thread.75947/page-133#post-2292064
You know, its really pathetic that once Obsidian gets to make whatever game they want, they decide to remake a BioWare game.
Obsidian gonna Obsidian.
But what's really pisses me of is that now is certain that our dream RPG will never become a reality, because the first people not interested in making it are the ones that should deliver it.
Oh well, good slamdunking Obsidian, this will be the most succesful Kickstarter in the videogame category after all.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...to-the-new-thread.75947/page-133#post-2292075

:slamdunk:
:nofunallowed:

:whatisfun:

Athelas

Arcane
Retroactively appointing yourself as a tragic Cassandra figure usually works better when there isn't a megathread that contains thousands of predictions identical to the one you made.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Retroactively appointing yourself as a Cassandra figure usually works better when there isn't a megathread that contains thousands of predictions identical to the one you made.
Point out one made before mine.
Not that it counts, it only means that the naysayers were right all along.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Retroactively appointing yourself as a Cassandra figure usually works better when there isn't a megathread that contains thousands of predictions identical to the one you made.
From just the very first page:
:declining:
Sounds like fantasyshit. Avellone must be rolling in his gra- oh right.
The butthurt is blinding you, but please continue.

Athelas

Arcane
I'm not butthurt, but you sure sound like you're starting to experience mild irritation in your backside.

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
I had high hopes for POE, but only good thing that came out from it is my renewed interest in replaying BG 1,2,PST... How could they accomplish to make such a banal shit boring story is beyond me, especially since they take pride in their writing...

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Not that it counts, it only means that the naysayers were right all along.

Lol, just no. The vast majority of the Codex is very happy with PoE. If we have to talk about codex consensus than it is propably safe to say that this is one of the best rpg's of the last ten years. On top of that it's very well received outside the codex as well and is Obisidian's highest rated game with the critics.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Lol, just no. The vast majority of the Codex is very happy with PoE. If we have to talk about codex consensus than it is propably safe to say that this is one of the best rpg's of the last ten years. On top of that it's very well received outside the codex as well and is Obisidian's highest rated game with the critics.
fanboy.png

Gozma

Arcane
Damn my modesty that forces me not to bring up my own absolutely prescient PoE quotes

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm just glad I only backed at the minimum digital tier. I was drugged by the announcement I almost lost sight of the fact they were namedropping for nostalgiabux, while nobody on the team had made a good game for 15 years.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Every time you hear an announcement of the 'incline', smash your cock with a hammer.
You'll have more important matters to attend to instead of backing another 'best game ever' and getting disappointed.

Doktor Best

Arcane
The vast majority of the Codex is very happy with PoE
:retarded:
Go look at the poll asking if people are happy with PoE. Less than 50% are hapy with PoE. 48.8% at time of this post.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...egative-or-positive.98693/page-7#post-3888890

Yeah its not like some guys with too much time on their hand take pride in manipulating the poll and even admitting to it ITT ;) 48,8% is also not a too bad value for codexian edginess level where basically every crpg ever released is accused of being utter shit in many peoples' eyes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom