Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Icewind dale all dwarf party

razvedchiki

Erudite
so i picked icewind dale ee from gog for 10 euros and thinking of making a party consisting only of dwarfs,an idead that brew in my mind for many years.

lorewise it will be a company from a long lost dwarf hold,survivors that founded a merc company lending their axes for a living and a sack of gold.
aligment wouid range from chaotic good to neutral.

this is my generall idea for classes

party leader- dwarven defender,1handed axes+shield
1st melee-berserker,2handed axe
2nd melee-barbarian,dual wield maces
fighet/cleric,warhammer+shield
fighter/thief,light crossbow
fighter,heavy crossbow

so no magic at all,only any passive stuff from cleric.i wish i could have a skald to boost THACO/AC but dwarfs cant be bards:(
planning to take them through original campaign then heart of winter and heart of fury.

any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
plz name them thori, bali, kili, fili, dwali and dilbo. i saw this awesum movie about dwarf company from a long lost dwarf hold that were survivors that founded a merc company

nah,i will use names fit for the forgoten realm setting.
dont thing actually a lore-raper movie will fit my party.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Seriously speaking though, your barbarian can probably pick another weapon to specialize in in addition to maces, since barbarians can only put 2 points in weapon proficiencies. There are plenty of good longswords in the game so that might be a good choice.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i think that dwarfs in DnD dont use longswords or any kind of bow except crossbows.

im thinking either to use flails or maces,what would be best available at the time.

one advantage of an all dwarf melee party is that i could sell anything magic related,spell scrolls wands and non dwarf weaponry.
that way i would be able to buy earlier the magic weaponsform the blacksmith in kudahar

zool

Arcane
I did sort of the same thing recently except I also took one gnome as a mage and one halfling as a thief. The rest of my party were all dwarves (two pure fighters and two fighter/cleric). I specialized one of my fighters in two-handed axes and boy did he deal some damage with that super-expensive two-handed axe you can buy in Kuldahar and that grants you +1 constitution.

Played with the IWD Fixpack, UB, Item Upgrade, Tweak Pack, 1PP High-Quality Music and Widescreen, which all work fine (no EE though).

Regvard

Arcane
midget asslicker
shorty cockslurper
stubby dicksmoker
chubby donggrabber
piggy wangflipper

wehee im 9 again

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
I did sort of the same thing recently except I also took one gnome as a mage and one halfling as a thief. The rest of my party were all dwarves (two pure fighters and two fighter/cleric). I specialized one of my fighters in two-handed axes and boy did he deal some damage with that super-expensive two-handed axe you can buy in Kuldahar and that grants you +1 constitution.

i thought at first to add a gnome illusionist/thief but thwn decided against it thinking that all dwarf party would add to the difficulty.
have you finished the game?tried heart of fury?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
more like

-broin stoutshield
-angroth hammerfist
-darin longbeard
-regar mithrilseeker
-gron ironbreaker
-ulfad brewmaster
-bro stoutshield
-angry hammerfist
-daring longbeard
-rager mithrilseeker
-groin ironbreaker
-urafag brewmaster

team dwarf bros

Shevek

Arcane
Gnomes are better in IE. Go all gnomes.
worldofdavidgnome4.jpg

zool

Arcane

i thought at first to add a gnome illusionist/thief but thwn decided against it thinking that all dwarf party would add to the difficulty.
have you finished the game?tried heart of fury?

Finished the game (and enjoyed it except for Dragon's Eye) but didn't have enough motivation to play through HOW or TotL. Didn't try heart of fury mode either.

Actually, it was the first time I was playing IWD. :)

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There are no barbarians in IWD 1 unless you're playing the EE or something. Just base fighters, rangers and paladins. Other than that, the party seems nice, without a wizard it's a completely different (more difficult and better IMO) game.

HoF is kinda like playing Diablo on the next difficulty level, it's all the same shit just with better stats on everything, if I remember correctly the new "unique" items are just the same you get normally, but +5 instead of +1 for example. I love IWD, but I never got past act 2 in HoF, hp bloat + high level D&D just doesn't do it for me.

HoW is good.

curry

Arcane

pippin

I wanted to try an all-dorf party once but couldn't really resist the temptation to get some gnomes and halflings there.
They still couldn't ride rollercoasters, so I guess it was half-cheating :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom