Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Identify a game for me

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I know it want be easy because this was some shareware game from mid-90.

The goal of this game was to get to the top of a tower and defeat a Evil Wizard or Demon.

Gameplay was about collecting keys which you could use to open doors. But you had to be carefull because there was a limited amount of keys and you could get fucked if you wasted your keys on some unimportant doors.

There were also some monsters to fight and some items to find. I remember some kind of a wand which was were useful in fighting the monsters.

It had rather simple, colorful graphics and most of the gameplay was about logical puzzles.

I played it somwhere in the mid to late 90 and I remember it was a game added as a bonus to a game magazine.

If any of you fine gentlemen can tell me the name of this game I will be grateful and will provide a tasty blowjob :D

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Did it have an isometric perspective and tile floors/movement?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
AFAIR, it was rather Top-Down, but I can be wrong. And every room on a level was on a separate screen. Kind of like in Deadly Rooms of Death.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Maybe Mystic Towers or Cadaver?
First person, iso or tile graphic?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Nope, none of those two.

It definitly did not have iso graphics.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
2003 dude. It's prehistoric. I mean, it's as old as KOTOR! It's almost old-school!

:smug:

yazaga

Novice
Ok here is one from me. I used to play it at the arcades in the late eighties. You controlled something like a tank with a radar tower attached on it. The two buttons were for shooting and the other one for taking control of an enemy unit and adding it to your pool of units. Levels involved clearing waves of enemies on a static map ( infantry, artilery, tanks and so on ) with your weapons and with the help of your army ( released by holding the two buttons ). I rememeber that you could snatch up to four enemies with that second attack, but that made you vulnerable because, you couldnt move while you attempt that. I think it had Combat something in its name.
I suspect its available on the mame emulators. Anybody remembers that ?

zeitgeist

Magister
yazaga said:
Ok here is one from me. I used to play it at the arcades in the late eighties. You controlled something like a tank with a radar tower attached on it. The two buttons were for shooting and the other one for taking control of an enemy unit and adding it to your pool of units. Levels involved clearing waves of enemies on a static map ( infantry, artilery, tanks and so on ) with your weapons and with the help of your army ( released by holding the two buttons ). I rememeber that you could snatch up to four enemies with that second attack, but that made you vulnerable because, you couldnt move while you attempt that. I think it had Combat something in its name.
I suspect its available on the mame emulators. Anybody remembers that ?

Field Combat?

Murk

Arcane
Truly, a Codexian game if ever there was one...

1091817887-00.png

ChristofferC

Magister
Zdzisiu said:
Ok, I found it. Had to look through a shitload of games at Mobygames.

And the name is as generic as it can be:

Tower of the Sorcerer.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/tower-of-the-sorcerer

Thanks for the effort guys.
Wow I had completely forgotten about that game. Must have played it when I was really young because I remember nothing about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom