Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If IPLY is going to collapse...

Spazmo

Erudite
Won't it's forums follow suit? This means a gigantic horde of utter morons will be adrift on the Internet, wondering where to go to be really freakin' stupid. I'm very much afraid that some of them will choose to come here and make us their new "home forums". It's already happened once, so what's to stop the entire Idiot Armada from docking at our little isle here?

So basically, if we get this onslaught of vapidness I'm afraid of, what do we do?

Balthamael

Liturgist
All staff members will probably have to commit a ritual suicide. I see no other honorable way.

If this was meant to be a serious thread, then I think that you are worrying prematurely. This doesn't seem like a place to attract the type of people you are talking about, really. In any case, if you want to avoid such invasion, just be as arrogant and hostile as you can. I am sure this comes naturally to you.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Arrogance (Ar"ro*gance) (#), n.
[F., fr. L. arrogantia, fr. arrogans. See Arrogant.]

The act or habit of arrogating, or making undue claims in an overbearing manner; that species of pride which consists in exorbitant claims of rank, dignity, estimation, or power, or which exalts the worth or importance of the person to an undue degree; proud contempt of others; lordliness; haughtiness; self-assumption; presumption. "I hate not you for her proud arrogance." Shak.

Synonyms -- Haughtiness; hauteur; assumption; lordliness; presumption; pride; disdain; insolence; conceit; conceitedness. See Haughtiness.

Araanor

Liturgist
I doubt most of them would thrive here but I could see some influx. There's always the Bioware fora...

ecliptic

Liturgist
A good way to cut this down a large amount would be the simple addition of forcing someone to write a brief paragraph on why they want to register for the boards. It'll probably make many of them think of their failed attempts at passing high school and go elsewhere.

Seven

Erudite
ecliptic said:
A good way to cut this down a large amount would be the simple addition of forcing someone to write a brief paragraph on why they want to register for the boards. It'll probably make many of them think of their failed attempts at passing high school and go elsewhere.

I second this idea; think about it, we could be the mensa of RPG sites. Additionally, *we* could just be snobby.

Seven

Erudite
Azael said:
I doubt most of them would even want to come here, especially if Mistress gets her boards up and running again.

I dunno, Visceris did come here; all it takes is one of these block busters and there goes the neighborhood. I suppose we can tolerate one, but any more than that and I'll be forced to four letter word'em.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom