Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you donated at least $10 to our Torment Fundraiser, contact DU for a key -

FUDU

Arcane
I didn't donate, but I haven't seen a good dumpster fire in a while. So I'd like to throw my glittering gem of hatred into the ring.

Efe

Erudite
got any keys left? have a friend that loooves fallout 4 and i bet he would enjoy this.

Barbarian

Arcane
If there are still keys left I volunteer to try the game out, be disappointed and leave a negative review on steam afterwards.

I didn't donate and I am proud of it.

Weasel
Careful with the edgy jokes bros, an influential Youtube personality is watching

hJQqK4c.png

Cool name

Arcane
meanwhile fluent is begging multiple keys so he can give them away on his steam page for self-promotion purposes. that's totally not pathetic and low, L M A O

of course it's also true that anyone begging for a key while trying to still act cool, "haha gib me key but I don't actually want this trash game haha so I'm still kool rite but srsly pls still gib me key :):)", is fooling nobody and just embarrassing themselves

itd be less pathetic to just admit you can sometimes enjoy not-so-good or worse games than to keep posturing even while begging

don't want key btw in case posting itt automatically enters ppl, take me off the list

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
DU already gave away the rest of the keys to anyone that wanted it in shoutbox.

Barbarian

Arcane
Poor little snowflake can't take a joke. Guys with such thin skin shouldn't be developing commercial products open to public criticism.

Deleted Member 16721

Careful with the edgy jokes bros, an influential Youtube personality is watching

Nah, I'm not "watching" anything. I just find it curious and often frustrating when I see fellow RPG fans lash out at the very people we are supposed to be supporting. It is certainly a twisted joke but nowadays I'm not finding much humor in it.

Barbarian

Arcane

Nah, I'm not "watching" anything. I just find it curious and often frustrating when I see fellow RPG fans lash out at the very people we are supposed to be supporting. It is certainly a twisted joke but nowadays I'm not finding much humor in it.

I didn't back TTON because I was disappointed with Wasteland 2. I adopted a "wait and see" aproach, and would have bought the game if they delivered. Now some years later it is evident that Inxile shitted on top of their initial target audience heads, didn't deliver what was promised and spent a good part of the funding on shit such as console ports.

No, these are not "the very people we are supposed to be suppporting". They deserve their failure.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

And that's why you have a Fanboy! tag. You can't get it through your head that if a game is shit, to this site it's irrelevant where it comes from (a certain Obsidian shill on staff notwithstanding).

Deleted Member 16721

No, these are not "the very people we are supposed to be suppporting". They deserve their failure.

Mmk. And when there are less and less CPRG developers trying to make interesting games, we shall rejoice as one at the sight of our fantastic success? Doesn't seem very productive, honestly.

And that's why you have a Fanboy! tag. You can't get it through your head that if a game is shit, to this site it's irrelevant where it comes from (a certain Obsidian shill on staff notwithstanding).

No, I don't care where a game comes from or who it comes from. But when developers are trying to bring us interesting CRPGs, I cheer them on. The odd part I can't quite wrap my head around is the cheering on and hoping for failure. That's some kind of ass-backwardsness that as A) a human being (possibly, I think :P) and B) a fan of CRPGs, I just can't figure out.

Lhynn

Arcane

Mmk. And when there are less and less CPRG developers trying to make interesting games, we shall rejoice as one at the sight of our fantastic success? Doesn't seem very productive, honestly.

No, I don't care where a game comes from or who it comes from. But when developers are trying to bring us interesting CRPGs, I cheer them on. The odd part I can't quite wrap my head around is the cheering on and hoping for failure. That's some kind of ass-backwardsness that as A) a human being (possibly, I think :P) and B) a fan of CRPGs, I just can't figure out.
:lol: You are such a fucking disgrace

Black Angel

Arcane
You fuck off with that kind of argument. We already had the likes of Iron Tower Studio, Stygian Software, and other indie devs delivering ACTUALLY good cRPGs. I couldn't care less if the likes of inXile and other AAA-wannabe devs crash and burn.

Tick Tock Crocodile

I'm sure there was a lot of support for InXile around here at the beginning. By now, though, they've come out with enough games that folks can make the decision to support them based on said games' merits, rather than blind hope. The notion that any reel human bean and CRPG fan should cheer for anything that falls under the wide blanket of 'CRPG' is ridiculous. There are enough games and developers out there that people can choose whose efforts they want to support. I'm not about to stick a "You tried!" medal on anything I thought was shit.

PEACH

Arbiter

Maybe I misunderstand you, but his kinda idealism doesn't help anyone. If people don't call things as they see them nothing is gonna improve, and the people who are off the wall histrionic about it are a fairly low percentage of the overall whole.

If Beamdog didn't get chided for adding their fanfiction to BG maybe they'd have done it again in T:EE, for example. Inxile are still inscrutable as is, can you imagine if no one ever busted their balls for being shady and dishonest? Standards need to be enforced.

Doesn't really need repeating but as others have said we're in a point in time where we have the ability to make choices when it comes to the CRPGs we play. Chances are most of the people talking shit about TTON or whatever are equally as enthusiastic about something in recent memory, likely AoD or D:OS or Underrail but the specifics aren't important. The point is that it's not some malignant force preying on poor devs trying to make us tasty games, it's people saying Fuck You to shit games and shit practices in a time where we're getting fed very well by people who aren't just trying to make good games, they're actually succeeding.

Doktor Best

Arcane
SABjRcw.gif

Made this fluent-gif on another occasion, i think its the right time to repost.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom