Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline IGN Goes Beyond Retarded

Falksi

Arcane
We know the score, IGN pump out bollocks by the bucket load and ultimately it means fuck all. But they've outdone themselves this time.......

The Top 100 Video Games of All Time - IGN

So out of the top 100 games of all time, Fable 2, Monster Hunter: World, Skyrim, Earthbound and Undertale are all worthy of a place on there ahead of any Baldur's Gate games, X-Com '94, Deus Ex, PST and Morrowind apparently. :hahano:

Also made me chuckle that 4 of the top 5 best games ever are Nintendo games. Poor you if you owned a PC.

Off the scale retardation :salute:

Last edited:

PanDupa

Educated
What did you expect ign is the quintessential modern game jurnalist, posting and clicking the link is actually helping them

Falksi

Arcane
What did you expect ign is the quintessential modern game jurnalist, posting and clicking the link is actually helping them

Not if we throw enough abuse their way. It would be nice to see some tweets & shit about "staff taking toxic vitrol" etc. by the end of the day.

Dexter

Arcane
Why are you reading IGN or giving it any attention? Why are you posting a link to it with your Facebook Click Identifier included, so they know you engaged with their content and sent various other people there?

Falksi

Arcane
Why are you reading IGN or giving it any attention? Why are you posting a link to it with your Facebook Click Identifier included, so they know you engaged with their content and sent various other people there?

I prefer to abuse than ignore.

PanDupa

Educated
If anyone is interested, thats the gamelist
100. Borderlands
99. Divinity: Original Sin 2
98. Final Fantasy VII
97. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
96. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
95. Burnout 3: Takedown
94. Fallout 2
93. League of Legends
92. Mega Man 3
91. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
90. Thief II: The Metal Age
89. SimCity 2000
88. Inside
87. Titanfall 2
86. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
85. Monster Hunter: World
84. Resident Evil 2 (Remake)
83. System Shock 2
82. Mortal Kombat 11
81. Persona 5 Royal
80. Dark Souls
79. Fortnite
78. Fable 2
77. GoldenEye 007
76. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
75. Spelunky 2
74. Return of the Obra Dinn
73. Dota 2
72. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
71. Donkey Kong
70. The Sims 3
69. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
68. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
67. Silent Hill 2
66. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
65. XCOM 2
64. Control
63. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
62. Rise of the Tomb Raider
61. Batman: Arkham City
60. Dishonored 2
59. The Witness
58. Journey
57. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
56. Overwatch
55. Apex Legends
54. Hollow Knight
53. Ms. Pac-Man
52. Counter-Strike 1.6
51. Left 4 Dead 2
50. EarthBound
49. Diablo II
48. StarCraft
47. World of Warcraft
46. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
45. Fallout: New Vegas
44. Final Fantasy VI
43. Pokémon Yellow
42. Metroid Prime
41. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
40. Resident Evil 4
39. Shadow of the Colossus
38. The Last of Us Part 2
37. Red Dead Redemption
36. Metal Gear Solid
35. Sid Meier's Civilization IV
34. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
33. Minecraft
32. Halo: Combat Evolved
31. Half-Life
30. Final Fantasy XIV
29. Doom
28. Tetris
27. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
26. Half-Life: Alyx
25. God of War
24. Chrono Trigger
23. Portal
22. Street Fighter II
21. Super Mario Bros.
20. Undertale
19. Bloodborne
18. BioShock
17. The Last of Us
16. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
15. Halo 2
14. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
13. Hades
12. Grand Theft Auto V
11. Super Mario Bros. 3
10. Disco Elysium
9. Half-Life 2
8. Red Dead Redemption 2
7. Super Mario 64
6. Mass Effect 2
5. Super Metroid
4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
3. Portal 2
2. Super Mario World
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

curds

Magister
53. Ms. Pac-Man

These lists often seem almost chosen at random. Why Ms. Pac Man specifically over Pac Man? Surely not because female protagonist? Gameplay is identical IIRC.

Sunri

Liturgist
Fucking Zelda on first place the whole series is so boring I tried 10 times to get into those games, and they are just boring AF, I have no idea how they can rank them so high is this some nostalgia trip or what?

Last edited:

deem

Savant
Fucking Zelda on first place the whole series is so boring I tried 10 times to get into those game, and they are just boring AF, I have no idea how they can rank them so high is this some nostalgia trip or what?

It's fuckin' boring... fucking Zelda... tried ten times... fucking... fucking boring AF....

maydaymemer

Educated
We know the score, IGN pump out bollocks by the bucket load and ultimately it means fuck all. But they've outdone themselves this time.......

The Top 100 Video Games of All Time - IGN

So out of the top 100 games of all time, Fable 2, Monster Hunter: World, Skyrim, Earthbound and Undertale are all worthy of a place on there ahead of any Baldur's Gate games apparently. :hahano:

Also made me chuckle that 4 of the top 5 best games ever are Nintendo games. Poor you if you owned a PC.

Off the scale retardation :salute:
Undertale fans when Wolfenstein doesnt let them befriend the enemies: Doug Walker crying on the computer with a lot of Sound Effects - YouTube

Terra

Cipher
Bit of an aside regarding console fanboyism but, I always found that these almost mythologically great Nintendo titles lauded as such by the Nintendo fanboys reach such heights as at least some of them seem to only play Nintendo games. I played Ocarina, Wind Waker (they were alright, fundamentally much the same game) and I could only ever rate them as genre-defining titles had I been restricting my gaming diet to purely whatever was on Nintendo's console at the time. Much like with how I see Breath of the Wild reaching this mythical status, I expect to be thoroughly underwhelmed whenever I decide to play it.

Cast your mind back to the PS1 era, PS1 gamers had such a breadth of choice, truly amazing time where creativity and risktaking truly existed. The N64 meanwhile had a fraction of the offerings of the PS1, yet the Ninty fanboys will insist to this day that their tiny smattering of offerings even begins to rival the PS1's. But, I suppose they had to convince themselves of it, didn't they?

As far as Zelda goes, I'd take Alundra over it any day.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!

Not if we throw enough abuse their way. It would be nice to see some tweets & shit about "staff taking toxic vitrol" etc. by the end of the day.

No, you are literally funding them through getting clicks on their articles. Think of gaming publications as niggers and advertisers as the government welfare tit.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
53. Ms. Pac-Man

These lists often seem almost chosen at random. Why Ms. Pac Man specifically over Pac Man? Surely not because female protagonist? Gameplay is identical IIRC.
LOL NO. Ms. Pac Man is the better game. Anyway yeah the list is weird. Disco is on there because it just came out right at the top of best visual novels ever.

Curratum

"Oh no, this mainstream and notoriously retarded even by mainstream standards media outlet is being retarded again and did not include any of my niche favorites in their irrelevant top 100 of all time! Reeeeeeeeeee!"

Come on, Falksi mang, you should know better than that.

KateMicucci

Arcane
I don't understand zelda fags and hope I never will.

Mass Effect 2 being higher than Witcher 3 which is higher than Skyrim is a headscratcher for me. But it must be cinematic fags.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom