Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IGN - nothing but the highest quality journalism.

Multi-headed Cow

"Picture the scene: after a hard-fought battle across a new planet, Shepard and Tali stand victorious over a cliff, beneath a sunrise, or some equally dramatic backdrop. Tali takes off her mask and the player's first view of her face sees her breathing in the planet's sterile air"

New planet with sterile air, eh. Sounds Biowarian.

Ermm

Erudite
The resulting disconnect between the player and their on-screen persona can be jarring, briefly reminding players that it is all just a game rather than the organic experience it strives to be. Few events create more disconnect than when your in-game character is privy to information you are not.

Oh god, not the same old, same old ''cinematic flow of the game'' jokes.

But as I don't even care about ME, and I am not going to play ME3, I don't care.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The resulting disconnect between the player and their on-screen persona can be jarring, briefly reminding players that it is all just a game rather than the organic experience it strives to be.

:rpgcodex: Yes..It reminds me that I'm just a gamer, not a black cyber-negro fighting for a space utopian future for my girlfriend without a home.

Never Forget,
tali.jpg

:tearofmanlyshepard:

Angthoron

Arcane
Picture the scene: A grease-stained gaming journalist sweating over his thesaurus, trying to make a Mass Effect 3 preview look somewhat different from his Mass Effect 2 preview. Occasionally he throws his head back and stuffs his mouth full of delicious cheetos. He then wheezes the planet's air and remembers Tali's mask. The preview is born.

Commander Xbox

Learned
the worst part is when they do reveal her face it'll be some kind of anime looking bitch with blue skin, fuck bioware

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Talis face needs to be that of a predator species, with a mouth that resembles vaginal dentata, or blue waffle.

Then again, BioDrones would take it as a new fetish, and ohgod the horror that would ensue.

Peter

Arcane
zoWk6.jpg

How do you like it when the tables have been turned on you, huh, meltdown?

canakin

Cipher
Oh I wouldn't call myself a pussy but that pic freaked me out. Damn you sgc

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Multi-headed Cow said:
"Picture the scene: after a hard-fought battle across a new planet, Shepard and Tali stand victorious over a cliff, beneath a sunrise, or some equally dramatic backdrop. Tali takes off her mask and the player's first view of her face sees her breathing in the planet's sterile air"
IGN, blending the borders between bad journalism and bad fan-fiction.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It would actually be greatly improved if it was written and directed by Garth Ennis, as previously stated:

sgc_meltdown said:
there might even be a bit where shepard runs out of ammo and is forced to kill a group of geth physically with a crate

and when he finally romances tali successfully just before they get it on he vomits all over her and the music cuts off and the screen gets overwhelmed by static and quick cut to the bridge with him with just the top half of his armor on and cleaning a weapon with a thousand yard stare

he whispers, not looking at the camera: "I don't care what she said it was back on earth we call that a penis and so do I and I'm the commander and I make the rules here and a rule was broken"
-2000 EXP-

bros actually I don't mind mr ennis as much as the general comics community his run on hellblazer is top notch as fuck

also steve dillon learns 3d graphics and models all the characters faces

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Shannow said:
I demand answers, Bruce!
C'mon baby, I'm just here to talk about rpgs.

Vaarna_Aarne said:
as previously stated:

[much later]
down at the engineering deck:

-Shepard walks past Tali having a conversation with engineers-

Shepard: (standing off to the side, expression dark)
Tali: ...and if you disalign the phase coupler when it's at 75% percent, you get more efficiency with th-
Shepard: cockface

Tali: WHAT?

Shepard: (starts, punches the close door panel and runs off)

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Angthoron said:
Picture the scene: A grease-stained gaming journalist sweating over his thesaurus, trying to make a Mass Effect 3 preview look somewhat different from his Mass Effect 2 preview. Occasionally he throws his head back and stuffs his mouth full of delicious cheetos. He then wheezes the planet's air and remembers Tali's mask. The preview is born.
:thumbsup:

Deleted member 7219

Sterile air?

HERP A FUCKING DERP.

That is one of the most stupid things I have ever read.

Mass Effect 3: Dragon Age 3.

Coyote

Arcane
Picture the scene: after dying slowly of a disease she contracted as a direct consequence of the player's decision to fuck her in ME2, Tali finally takes her last breath. Shepard takes off her mask and the player's first and last view of her face reveals this:

20110128203738!Trollface.png

Vibalist

Arcane
Coyote said:
Picture the scene: after dying slowly of a disease she contracted as a direct consequence of the player's decision to fuck her in ME2, Tali finally takes her last breath. Shepard takes off her mask and the player's first and last view of her face reveals this:

20110128203738!Trollface.png

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom