Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ignore Thread ETA

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Could we have a ballpark figure for the ignore thread function to be back?

Could it be possible for the ratings of people we ignore to be invisible so that they’re truly ignored?

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Ignore Subforum too.
And the Shoutbox - was literally the first thing I removed via uBlock.
smug.png
can’t you simply disable the shout box? I have, there’s a button in the upper right. Being able to disable pictures showing in the profile posts would be awesome too, it’s obnoxious.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Being able to disable pictures showing in the profile posts would be awesome to, it’s obnoxious.
add this to your ublock origin "My filters" tab
Code:
!main forum sidebar
rpgcodex.net##[data-widget-key=forum_overview_new_profile_posts] .bbImage
!profile page/latest profile page
rpgcodex.net##[id^=js-profilePost-] .bbImage

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Alas, as far as I know, I can’t use AdBlock with my iPad which sucks as I used to have 8 pages of ignored threads.

Getting an update of the “ignore thread” function is turning out to be more classified than JFK’s assassination.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Often the best experiences on the Codex are when you enter a random thread that you have no particular interest in.

Worst case you end up bored, but very often you either find something interesting or find people to troll. Either way you get entertainment.

SumDrunkGuy

I would tell OP to get thicker skin but it appears she has taken the easy way out. Toodles.

Peachcurl

Cipher
How come he self ejected?

I mean, after all those smileys.

ropulos
fb0A6bX.gif
(this one’s just for you).

Good time to bow out considering what’s going on behind the scenes (you’ll find out soon). I hope you learned your lesson: choose your targets wisely, sometimes they might turn out a bit harder to chew on than you expected.

To do:
Forky
Ismael
ropulos

Maximus

:dead:

Skinwalker, what did you do to Zizka

Skinwalker

*teleports within you*
Patron
How come he self ejected?

I mean, after all those smileys.

ropulos
fb0A6bX.gif
(this one’s just for you).

Good time to bow out considering what’s going on behind the scenes (you’ll find out soon). I hope you learned your lesson: choose your targets wisely, sometimes they might turn out a bit harder to chew on than you expected.

To do:
Forky
Ismael
ropulos

Maximus

:dead:

Skinwalker, what did you do to Zizka
I chose my target wisely.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
There should be some improvements in the ignore feature.

Not sure if it allows you to selectively ignore threads / entire forums but you shouldn't see Last Post by user's that are ignored, it'll stop conversations etc..

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
There's a worse angle to these new-fangled ignore features.

It used to be that if an ignored individual has created a thread, that whole thread gets hidden. Fair enough, it can be temporarily unhidden, or just given a good ol'fashioned browser bookmark.

But the new ignore feature doesn't just hide all content by the ignored user - it no longer "exists"!

So if some mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging mongoloid creates a thread that's actually useful and/or insightful (and in one notable instance containing life-saving information)... the new ignore feature comes in and NOPE.AVI the entire thread away; it no longer exists, it cannot be found, it cannot be read or rated in any way. All that information put forth by other users just ceases to be. Because the OP is a faggot, while (almost) everyone else contributing to the thread is not.

This MUST be changed by the admin team. Asking us Codexers to "just stop using the Ignore-feature" is not gonna cut it, because the number of dangerous schizos here is Way Too High, and they must be contained somehow. But this goes way over the line.

Fix it!

EDIT: I'm an idiot. There's an option at the bottom of the Ignore-settings that allows the hidden threads/posts to be restored. Things are back as they were now.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
I am fine with seeing threads made by ignored users. They can be interesting at times and serve as a good place to discuss things with other reasonable posters, even if the OP as such is not worth your time for whatever reason.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. There's an option at the bottom of the Ignore-settings that allows the hidden threads/posts to be restored. Things are back as they were now.
Thank you. It was bothering me as well. Having ignored content marked in a conversation can be useful at times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom