Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
If that is the question, not they did not fix it, and they won't. CoD developers have scattered to the seven winds.

Burning Bridges

I-16 has been mentioned.

Ju 52 was recently also mentioned.

Which is a plane that I would definitely get!
It will allow me to larp Beate Uhse. Most people only know her sex shops, but not that she rescued hundreds of soldiers from Stalingrad!

13821_z.jpg

Burning Bridges

You guys are not getting it. Add-on planes are the revenue stream for long term development.
Planes are sold for ~20$. I am sure there will be discounts. Sure that's more than one expects, but it is less than the price of a cheap 1/48 model kit, except that it flies.
Why not just play with the ones that are included in the game? The game comes with 8 planes, including 2 two engines bombers, for 50$.
But of course, if there is a Fw 190 and a La-5 in a game, every little boy wants to have only the "best" plane and will hit the floor and cry until he gets it.

Stop bitching, simply buy the standard version, and if you later want another favorite plane you will know how much it is worth to you.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You guys are not getting it. Add-on planes are the revenue stream for long term development.
Planes are sold for ~20$. I am sure there will be discounts. Sure that's more than one expects, but it is less than the price of a cheap 1/48 model kit, except that it flies.
Why not just play with the ones that are included in the game? The game comes with 8 planes, including 2 two engines bombers, for 50$.
But of course, if there is a Fw 190 and a La-5 in a game, every little boy wants to have only the "best" plane and will hit the floor and cry until he gets it.

Stop bitching, simply buy the standard version, and if you later want another favorite plane you will know how much it is worth to you.

Goddamn it, because god forbid we can have expansions for 50$ with 20 + planes, new maps, new campaigns like it was in the 90's and 00' with the old il-2. 20$ for 1 plane is the new scam just like other dlc shit.

This game is not worth buying till there will be a discount of the game + 20 dlcs 5 years from now.

but it is less than the price of a cheap 1/48 model kit, except that it flies.

It's not a interactive museum, it's a game and a mediocre one on top of it. Only those with too much money and too much free time will be shelling out 20$ for a plane.Those who thought of that model got hit in the head pretty bad.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So, how is it? Got a good dynamic campaign? Interesting dogfights? Content? Flight wise? Help, Burning Bridges

Haven't tried it, but the general consensus among simmers (old il-2 players and other similar type titles) it's shit, bare bones, got f2p mmo unlocks, no SP campaign only quick mission builder and not worth currently.

quote from one of the developers

We worried that players might forget the genre in the wreckless rithm of modern entertainment industry, and that we might release a game too complicated and slow for players

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
So it's best to stick to IL-2 1946 and forget about this game?

Thanks for the warning bro.

Burning Bridges

Probably one of those East bloc dudes that whine about games costing potato.

The game looks more than fine too me. Main problem right now is that you need the hardware to run it. I assume a quad core and relatively new CPU will be entry level for this sim. The single player campaign is only a quick mission generator, but they already stated that it takes another 9-12 months until the SP campaign will be finished.

You guys should really ask yourself if you want a new sim or not. If you want to stick with IL2, fine. But don't come bitching that you have to pay for the new one, which is shit anyway, and which you will pirate anyway ...
Before I start bitching about something costing 20$ (more like 10-15$ with discount offers), I would first see what I get for my money. It could be too much, or it could be too little. But don't get so totally transfixed about figures.

I will personally wait, and perhaps get only the Lavochkin, because I am never happy with the Focke Wulf cockpit, it always looks really odd in computer sims.

Burning Bridges

Basically I have become a machine that consumes
2-3 x 100g dairy milk chocolate LIDL -1,29€ each
1 x Marlboro Light XL -6,00€
Dallmayr espresso beans -1,00€
1 x 0.3l Bärenmarke 0,79€ the shit has become more expensive to me than coffee
1 x 100g White Tuna 2,80€
together ca 10€-15€ a day
that means I need to live healthy for ca 2 days to afford 1 plane.
So yes, it' a lot of money for 1 plane, but at least I know where it could come from.

titus

Arcane
Patron
I wouldn't worry too much about the price and DLCs. If it's good it's worth the money. And if you can't afford to/don't want to buy it right now you can always wait a year.

You can't do anything if it's shit though... so what I do worry about is this:
We worried that players might forget the genre in the wreckless rithm of modern entertainment industry, and that we might release a game too complicated and slow for players
Any more details on this?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
no SP campaign only quick mission builder and not worth currently

Makabb is full of shit.

The single player campaign is only a quick mission generator, but they already stated that it takes another 9-12 months until the SP campaign will be finished.

How dementia is possible on a internet forum where other posts are above?

Burning Bridges

Goddamn it, because god forbid we can have expansions for 50$ with 20 + planes, new maps, new campaigns like it was in the 90's and 00' with the old il-2. 20$ for 1 plane is the new scam just like other dlc shit.

This game is not worth buying till there will be a discount of the game + 20 dlcs 5 years from now.
It's not a interactive museum, it's a game and a mediocre one on top of it. Only those with too much money and too much free time will be shelling out 20$ for a plane.Those who thought of that model got hit in the head pretty bad.

^ No matter wether I have dementia or not, I was talking about shit like this, not the random line you picked.
You need to be "hit in the head pretty bad", to write so many dumb things in just 1 post.

Burning Bridges

I easily tell from your responses that you

1. are from the East Bloc
2. start bitching and moaning whenever a game costs more than a bag of peanuts
3. pirate the game anyway

Burning Bridges

Any more details on this?

Having said what I just said. There is really a lot of shit that ended up in the game, and that has to go.

4 Graphic Presets, no way to switch off graphic options (Post Processing) <- not acceptable for a PC game
equipment needs to be unlocked <- bullshit / console
Single Player campaign is but a placeholder <- I give them ~1 year, either they make a proper single player campaign or I am not buying it, irrespective of the price

All these things are currently controversely discussed in their community and I assume these things will eventually have to go unless they want to become the Call of Duty of Flight sims. In which case I wish them good luck, but they'd have to make do with the CoD crowd. But I think most of these issues are contractual (this game has a publisher, you know) and as soon as the game is a financial successful they could silently mitigate and remove them.

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

I don't understand it either. Especially as it is not nearly as hard as making the latest photorealistic graphics, flight models and cockpits. Lowengrin's dynamic campaign generator started as a simple Visual Basic app for CFS2, and was light years beyond everything Microsoft had shipped.
Just by using features that were already in the sim anyway. I think every flight sim should pay only 1 guy who does a campaign like Dynamix/Rowan, it would be no problem.
For some reasons they always end up hiring 15 guys who all work on graphics, flight models and 3d cockpits. It's really hard to understand. They always channel all their resources into the flight sim, and the game (campaign) part becomes a mere afterthought.

Over Flanders Fields does an amazing job by the way. I love how you always see things going on on the ground and in the air, just by using what was possible in CFS. Microsoft sims had immense potential, and it is strange that only 3rd party guys ever made use of it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom