Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I'm very butthurt about Modern Gayfare 2

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
Nostradumbass said:
Black said:
1258035395841.jpg

This is what the current gen of games (da, fo3 and shit like that) has brought us.
Tasteless hypocrites, pussies who don't know any better.

a lot of them are probably playing pirate copies. yes, one pirate release requires that you run steam while you play it.

And?

boy·cott (boikt)
tr.v. boy·cott·ed, boy·cott·ing, boy·cotts
To abstain from or act together in abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with as an expression of protest or disfavor or as a means of coercion.

What a way to make a fool of yourself, now they are sucking without swallowing, what a amazing feat of willpower. :lol:

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Nostradumbass said:
a lot of them are probably playing pirate copies. yes, one pirate release requires that you run steam while you play it.

Not true, the pirated copies cut the Steam out. I checked, even though I bought mine. Although now I somewhat regret it.

Nostradumbass

Scholar
shihonage said:
Nostradumbass said:

Not true, the pirated copies cut the Steam out. I checked, even though I bought mine. Although now I somewhat regret it.

Nostradumbass said:
one pirate release requires that you run steam while you play it.

RaXz said:
What a way to make a fool of yourself, now they are sucking without swallowing, what a amazing feat of willpower. :lol:

hurrr hurrr derrrrp. they didnt want to give their money to infinity ward/activision because of the shitty port they did. and they didnt give them their money. but they didnt say anything about now wanting to play the game. :smug:

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Nostradumbass said:

That is true. Razor version did that before it was fixed. I must've mentally blanked that, though, because I cannot imagine anyone stupid enough to play a pirated version of a major release tied to Valve's service for authentication, that freely broadcasts to Valve that they pirated it.

MetalCraze

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
Luzur said:
so, any codexer going to the airport?
You joking right?

No he is not. I just got from our local airport - damn what a great shooting I had. Civilians were screaming and begging me for mercy but CoD6 showed me how awesome it is to kill them. I hope the new guys will spawn there tomorrow.

bhlaab

Erudite
My fsvorite part of shooting up airports is seeing the same blonde woman in a green turtleneck repeated 13 times. I never get tired of killing her.

Secretninja said:
MetalCraze said:
That's because many people were shocked by it so hard and now will use it as a terrorist training simulator to kill reel peepl in airports and rape lolis.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait wait, don't spoil the loli raping mission of the next CoD game they are making. Can't use all the publicity stunts up on a single game now can we?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Trash said:
Either you are quoting very selectively or these guys are just bitching for the bitching. MW2 is exactly what MW1 or any of the IW CoD games before that was with better graphics and some even more insane levels. It's precisely what you can expect of a Call of Duty game and excells once again at the formula.
I am not quoting selectively.

Metacritic shows average gamer score as 4.8/10 for PS3 and 5.5/10 for X360.

Previous Infinity Ward CoD games got good gamer scores.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Can't believe all this "OMG it's not real!" bullshit being spewed around here. Yes, of course it isn't real. Yes, no one is a criminal for doing something like that in a game. So I don't think you should be arrested or anything like that. But that sure is fuck won't stop me from passing judgement on you if you enjoy doing something like that in a game. Anyone who could go through something like that mission and not feel sick to their stomach is a morally depraved individual, regardless of whether they take that depravity out on others.

Because it's not "just a game." It's presented in a way that is realistic and is meant to tug at the emotions of the player. All games (and indeed all art) does that to some extent. To deny that is to say that you have never felt the slightest bit of emotion at anything that ever happened in a game, book, or movie that you experienced. And if you say that, you're a fucking liar. And you're one of the worst kinds of apologists that ever existed in gaming history - much worse than any of those mainstream gamers that like to forgive bad rpg mechanics who we like to make fun of so often - if you simply say it's "just a game," when referring to this depravity in MW2. It's never "just a game" when presented in such a manner. It's not meant to be. For fuck's sake, in gaming terms it's a mission where you simply go through the level mowing down people who don't even fight back and are basically only there so they can die. And yet, all you people - you who praise challenge in games, who always speak in favor of good gameplay mechanics - are defending this mission against those who see it for the trash it really is, all the while jumping up and down and yelling "Lol it's just pixels!"

You moral cowards. The very fact that you praise this level and say that it's "fun" shows that you don't think of it as just a game, because in pure gaming terms it's a piece of shit. So you look at it in terms that the developers wanted you to look at it, all the while trying to deflect attention from both you and what that level truly demonstrates. Go fuck yourselves.

That level is the ultimate in video game depravity. It has you acting out a truly evil act, presented realistically - a complete inversion of what it should be. Art is about presenting the ideal. And yes, games are art too. Anything that an artist puts forth is his vision of the ideal. So just think of that now in context of that mission. Now, games are art, but there is also the gameplay element as well to take into consideration. But I've already established that there is nothing "gamist" about that level, so you have to look at it in purely artistic terms. And in those terms, they are presenting evil depravity and, what's more, forcing the player to experience it firsthand. It is complete filth, on the level of a movie or book that has a serial killer as the protaganist, or a rap song that is about raping and killing women.

But there's more to it than that, you say? Like what? Showing maturity in a game? Except that all the other missions are your classic "good versus evil" mission, as others have already pointed out in this thread, and that this mission is a jarring departure. Presenting a complicated moral dillemna? Meaningless without actual choices, and furthermore that would require more build-up. That level has all the interactivity of a cutscene, and yet instead of presenting it as such, they force you to play through it. It is celebrating depravity for depravity's sake, and as such deserves every kind of condemnation we can give it.

And as far as Fallout is concerned, that's a completely different situation. Fallout is about CHOICE, and as such the ability to kill everyone is a representation of the power of choice and the freedom that players have. Nothing is ever forced. When we all complained about the lack of killable children in Fallout 3, we were complaining about the lack of CHOICE in the game, since they were presenting it as a sequel. Because player choice is another means of presenting the ideal in games, since it gives more immersion and greater player interaction in a game, and no other art form can do that. But in the absence of choice, a game should always force you to play the hero. Always.

This mission is doing the complete opposite. It is filth. There is absolutely nothing, nothing, that is redeemable about it. And by defending it on this forum you are giving moral sanction to this artistic depravity, and as such deserve this post that I wrote and any other vitriol that may be flung at you in this thread. If you don't want such comdemnation, then shut the fuck up and start seeing things as they really are, for
once.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
shihonage said:
Nostradumbass said:

That is true. Razor version did that before it was fixed. I must've mentally blanked that, though, because I cannot imagine anyone stupid enough to play a pirated version of a major release tied to Valve's service for authentication, that freely broadcasts to Valve that they pirated it.

What are you new to the internet.

Of course people are stupid enough.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Those people in the airport were stupid, if they had just ducked behind a wall they would have healed right up.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
HanoverF said:
Those people in the airport were stupid, if they had just ducked behind a wall they would have healed right up.

If not, they would be enemies. And then it'd be alright to spray their blood allover the walls.

Cuz muslim soldier and russian brigade are teh spawn of satan!

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,28348,26343920-5014239,00.html

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 blasted past $US300 million ($324.4 million) in sales on its opening day...

The videogame bested Batman superhero film The Dark Knight, which holds the record for the top opening weekend ever by taking in $171 million dollars in July 2008.

"Based on everything I'm hearing so far, it's nothing but good news for the industry," NPD Group analyst Anita Frazier said.

"The combined launch of MW2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii should mean that November is a great month for the industry."

:rage:

ElectricOtter

Black said:
Overweight Manatee said:
If, say, 4 separate airports were shot up next week, say monday, you think the game would get pulled? Not suggesting anything here, just asking the question.
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
11:00 am behind the 7/11

Keep a low profile.

Callaxes

Arbiter
Trash said:
It actually is a pretty fun ride with some really memorable levels. Still, I liked Modern Warfare better.

I felt the same. Modern Warfare was also much more believable while the sequel felt over the top when you were fighting russian infantry in eastern coast suburb areas and cul-de-sacs.

Modern Warfare 2 relied too much on shock scenes like the White House in flames, or the astronaut cutscene to impress rather then just concentrating on good level design. Mind you, it had some very good levels and varied gameplay, very varied for a straight-forward shooter of its kind.

The ending was great, aside from the badass sensation of pulling a knife out of your ribbcage, you actually got to know the bad guy before hunting him and there was a sort of psychological preparation for the showdown before it started.

Looking foward to see what they can do with the sequel. It's not a great game, but it's good example of a game that does what it does to the best of its abilities and that's very rare today when you have games that try to be FPS/RPG/MMO/movie hybrids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom