Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars - "Total War meets turn-based meets Vampires!"

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It looks pretty good - and then the cards come in.

The combination of TBS and cards just doesn't really work for me for a game that wants me to get immersed in its world, build up something, etc. and not just play a PvP or PvE card match.
Why not just have units and their abilities?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The combination of TBS and cards just doesn't really work for me for a game that wants me to get immersed in its world, build up something, etc. and not just play a PvP or PvE card match.
Cards worked very well in Armageddon Empires actually (your deck represented the resources of your faction, and once you were out, you could not build anything else): They represented scarcity convincingly.

But it is hard to pull off indeed.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Cards worked very well in Armageddon Empires actually (your deck represented the resources of your faction, and once you were out, you could not build anything else): They represented scarcity convincingly.

But it is hard to pull off indeed.
True, but Armageddon Empires has a strong boardgame vibe to begin with, cards are just fitting there. And as you said, cards there were your resources, which is a better approach to this than somehow making skills of units and units themselves cards. It's just weird to me that you have units on the battlefield but can only use "their" abilities if you happen to draw a certain card.
As I said, fine in a game that is very abstract to begin with, but this tries to pull you into its world and setting.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Release on August 28th.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1024480/view/2202767889668471827

Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars Releases 28th August
Empire-Management meets turn-based Vampire-battles

Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Palindrome Interactive today announced that Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars will launch on 28th August for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

The game fuses turn-based vampiric combat with empire management, following a bloody war between humans and three unique vampire clans: the Dracul, Moroia and Nosfernus. Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars' closed beta is currently available to those pre-purchasing at Steam, the Kalypso Store, and the Microsoft Store via Xbox Game Preview.

To celebrate the announcement, Kalypso has shared the first developer featurette filmed at Palindrome Interactive. The first in a four-part series, the featurettes will dive deep into the game's story, unique gameplay fusion of turn-based combat and empire management, and artistic design.

Ironmonk

Augur

I saw this video yesterday and it seems this game might turn out to be a good one.

From what I saw, its probably safe to say it will be MUCH better than "Thea 2: The Shattering", that for me ended up to being a regretful waste of d1p money.

And since its close to release date, might be a good idea to pay attention to it.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I lost my interest in this game after I discovered it's windows 10 only.

It is? Welp, I'm out.
Ahh most games work on win7 without problem,they write it win10 because win7 went out of support. The AoE remakes are for win10 but work fine on win7,wasteland3 is also win 10 and works fine....even if it is shit.

Not necessarily. Six Ages requires Win10 and it will not run on Win7. So no guarantees.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom