Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
It's a great modlist apart from those performances issue I have. Combat is really well balanced, there's always a feeling of danger even with lower level enemies. The City Sewer mod is very very good, it brings a whole new level to playing as an outlaw.

The only thing I don't really like is the immersive first person view mod, especially while riding. The rendering is too stiff & unnatural and actually, less immersive than the classic FP view.

Last edited:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
When you're riding, hit F to switch to third-person view.
Yes, I remembered this key, and that's what I do, every time my char mount/dismount. I think @ some point I'll get through the hassle of unchecking this mod in the list.

Apart from that, I'm having fun. First levels were really hard, everything was stronger than me : I died 4 times in the first hour. Then I switched to Gollum's lifestyle mode : constantly moving in sneak mode, hiding from anything that walks, hunting rabbit & fish, scavenging, sleeping in a cave. Stealing the gear of dead soldiers I would find on the road and selling it was main income. At some point passing 10 times a day next to a corpse I left naked in the middle of the road just at the entrance of town, I started to feel bad. How come there isn't a mod allowing to bury dead NPC's ?! The degree of civilisation of a game should be judged by how it treats its dead NPCs!

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I'm thinking of delving into Skyrim again. I was wondering; what PC specs do you need for it to look its best? I've got an i7 processor, 16gb ram, 2GB vid card, SSD. I was thinking I'd have to at least double everything.

I want it to look its best. The best boobs, butt, and giant cock physics the modding community has to offer. Thanks.

Puukko

Arcane
Every time I try out a new modlist I come across something that just makes me question what exactly it is that ails modders. A recent example:

Opening the wait menu instantly causes the character to sit down or take some other 'rested' pose on the spot. If you were using it to check the time, gotta wait for that animation to finish. On top of that, it is trivially easy to break and have your character either refuse to get up or for first person view to get broken. All this for a pure hindrance that I can only assume is aiming for 'immersion', because sitting or laying down on the cobblestone for 24 hours straight is less immersion breaking than just standing there.

The next one I don't think is a mod but just an end result, yet it still boggles the mind. You know loading screens, right? Screen fades out, gives you trivia about the world, fades in. It's worked the same all these years. Now imagine there being a chance for a second loading screen after a glimpse of the game world, for seemingly no reason. I had never considered the possibility of two loading screens in a row. Better yet, when entering interiors, the fade in happens too quickly and you're consistently greeted with the inside of the character's head and lack of lighting for about two seconds before the game finishes loading proper. Bonus loading yet simultaneously it fails to do the one job it is meant to do. Astounding.

lefthandblack

Arcane
How come there isn't a mod allowing to bury dead NPC's ?! The degree of civilisation of a game should be judged by how it treats its dead NPCs!
You could always resurrect them with necromany, they'll turn to ash after a timeout dependent on your conjuration skill. (at lower levels your not even able to finish raping them before they turn to ash)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

mastroego

Arcane
I don't know what you mean with "realistic"... I basically only rely on Requiem for that kind of game rebalancing.
This thread covered it a lot, in fact.
I have posted my modlist a couple of times, recently, perhaps you can have a glance at that to get an idea.
Requiem does most of the work, then several other mods add refinements here and there

I do find Requiem's approach with weapons and armor more realistic than vanilla, it's the aim of the mod largely.

baba is you

Novice
im not interested in eat/shit/sleep mods, but mods that add for example stat/skill requirements to enter the guilds.
I've been watching Skyrim mods for years because I wanted something like that for Skyrim, but no one was making it (skill checks/stat checks).
Even though there are no skills and no stat checks, Requiem adds a little bit of realism. As for the rest, I don't know.

mastroego

Arcane
im not interested in eat/shit/sleep mods, but mods that add for example stat/skill requirements to enter the guilds.
there are a few that do that, for the Mage College and the Thief guild for instance.
The game was never heavy about such things though, as Crispy suggests.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game was never heavy about such things though, as Crispy suggests.
Thing is the game gates entry to the guilds by giving you tasks that require their respective skillset rather than lock it behind skill value checked in the background. Entry tasks could have been much harder, maybe.

Puukko

Arcane
Seasons! :incline:

And a photo bomber.

Modlist is Nolvus... it's pretty, and I may play around with a bit, but not particularly 'novel', which is what I'm looking for. It's looking more and more like my old installation of Aldrnari is still the way to go, just need to see if I can improve the LODs.

Also, this list is a real bait and switch. Start you off with a nude character with physics, but doesn't let you customize the CBBE body, and armors have no jiggle. :decline::decline::decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom