Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Indie Sci-fi 4X game StarLife Crowdsourcing Writing

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Purple Orange Games; StarLife

StarLife, the 4X sci-fi space-thingy from the Codex' own tiagocc0, is taking a page from Brian Fargo's book and is now looking for people to help him out with some writing.

Here's the deal:

At March/2013 I will run a Kickstarter campaign, from this campaign I can ask from $3.000 to $5.000 to the writer.
So I can only hire after this date, if the Kickstarter campaign is successful.
Another option is to accept a share of the profits (like all the other members) so the Kickstarter funds will be used for other stuff and you can start right away.
It is also possible a combination of the two, but asking for money on Kickstarter will give you a smaller % of the profits compared to the above.
I'm ok with whatever the winning writer chooses.​

Read all about it here. tiaccog0 will answer any questions in the same thread.

tindrli

Arcane
just watch a combat trailer and i think its great that developer decide to use that hexagonal Ghengis khan combat style.. not that im graphic fag but combat interface could be more eye appealing. Watched races types and sadly they are all bipedal which imho is totally unnecessary or they need another designer.

Anyway i will follow to see if this actualy gets to see the light..

tiagocc0

Arcane
You know what, I'll give this a shot when the time comes.
Please do! ;)

just watch a combat trailer and i think its great that developer decide to use that hexagonal Ghengis khan combat style.. not that im graphic fag but combat interface could be more eye appealing. Watched races types and sadly they are all bipedal which imho is totally unnecessary or they need another designer.

Anyway i will follow to see if this actualy gets to see the light..
There's actually a thread about this, feel free to make suggestions: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/should-i-go-for-pixel-art.77704
Those races are the humanoid bunch, they were made first because they are easy but already started working on 'alien-aliens'.

We have Fowmli the 'space whale' and these:
Dragon like species – Very small, about 30 centimeters. Psychic powers.
Plant like species – Tentacles instead of arms, no legs. Release spores that turn you into a zombie.
Energy like species – One tiny like orb, about 4 centimeters. The rest of his body is made of pure energy.
Tree like species – 5 to 10 meters tall. Slow and peaceful, becomes one with the planet.
And more to come as soon as we get the concept art and descriptions done for these.

EDIT: Almost forgot, we do have this thread that I will use for new races later:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/define-yourself-as-an-alien-race.68587/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom