Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Insert image doesn't work

Frozen

Arcane
"Image cannot be loaded from a posted link"...always

Like how incompetent can you be?

Semiurge

Cipher
troll_1.png

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Though I'd really like the url to be the default, since boomers (like OP probably) will just hotlink things anyway if it hits the filesize limit, and it's annoying to deal with.

Also, make quotes display as code in the editor, since it's hard to add things to them in their default state.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
"Image cannot be loaded from a posted link"...always

Like how incompetent can you be?
Maybe check your adblock settings?

imgur
OBW2H2q.png

ny post
joe-biden-lgbtq-pride-month.jpg

leddit
SXpVCyPyLb1bMt9_SndHIEt_PtttfaTanM5CdEIGBH4.jpg

As a patron you can even upload directly from a website using 'copy image'
1655979806600.png

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Or paste directly from your clipboard with ctrl+v :incline:

Xenforo isn't all shit.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
iC3OHas.png

jS56yv6.png

Yw17tvL.png

Not for me. It used to work fine, I could copy images from anywhere, including snipping tool in Windows, but now I have to imgur them like a peasant.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Not for me. It used to work fine, I could copy images from anywhere, including snipping tool in Windows, but now I have to imgur them like a peasant.
You don't seem to have a patron tag.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
You don't seem to have a patron tag.
Never have. Is this a new requirement?
Copy image now creates an attachment in all cases. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as people post images hosted on Big Tech sites in GD megathreads.

What you want is select 'copy image' or press Ctrl+P and paste the image's URL instead.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It's a problem as we don't want to lug around dozens of thousands of images, most of which soon become obsolete. If we wanted to host all the images posted on the Codex, we'd need to implement a different system to handle all that.

Deciding on who can upload images/attachments and to what extent is something that was planned for post XF2 conversion, so I guess we're right on time. I'll start a thread in the staff forum.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Thank fuck. Now at least there's a chance people will upload their images to a proper image host instead of hotlinking to sites that don't allow it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Copy image now creates an attachment in all cases. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as people post images hosted on Big Tech sites in GD megathreads.
FWIW, I recommend postimage for image hosting.

Easily upload by URL or file, easily upload with just ctrl+v on the upload page
No annoying social media crap or unresponsive JS like some other site, just an image hosting site
Been around since 2004
Images aren't removed due to inactivity
Has an application for Windows for easy uploading + screenshot utility: https://postimages.org/app

why is it so hard for nu-devs to make a site that's this simple:
image.png

Semiurge

Cipher
FWIW, I recommend postimage for image hosting.

Easily upload by URL or file, easily upload with just ctrl+v on the upload page
No annoying social media crap or unresponsive JS like some other site, just an image hosting site
Been around since 2004
Images aren't removed due to inactivity
Has an application for Windows for easy uploading + screenshot utility: https://postimages.org/app

why is it so hard for nu-devs to make a site that's this simple:
image.png

Despite being more popular, Imgur still hasn't sorted out their problem with images that go through a proxy or something, such as images hosted at wikipedia. Postimg also allows image deletion (if you save the link) for non-registered users.

instead of hotlinking to sites that don't allow it.

That or linking an image from a site with bad certificates, which might result in rows of [ IMG] in posts depending on the tightness of one's browser security.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom