Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Interest Gauge] Pathfinder/Shadowrun 4th ed over RPTools

Which system is most monocle?

• Shadowrun 4th Edition

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Pathfinder (D&D 3.5++)

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Azira said:
But what did you have in mind Ulminati? How many hours do you expect to put into this? Once I settled down and started a family of my own I gave up MMORPGs, as I couldn't devote the time necessary, and I didn't want to have to suddenly quit from a dungeon romp and leave the other players hanging, "just" because my child needs a change of diapers.

What I'm coming around to say is, that I'd love to participate, but I'm not sure it'd be fair to the rest of the group. :?

I'm keeping that in mind BRO. One of my pen&paper buddies has 3 sons aged 1, 4 and 7 respectively. But we usually play at his place if we play at all. I fully understand and respect that your kids come first. I also agree it's a bit of a bummer for everyone involved if a member of the party regularly vanishes in the middle of the game (or doesn't show at all). The time investment I'm looking at is 4-6 hours on a predetermined day once every 2 weeks. With at least a 1-week advance warning to allow everyone to clear their schedules. You're the best judge of whether or not you'll be able to talk your SO into looking after your proto-geeks while you LARP with a bunch of intarweb racists.

I'm currently looking at the feasibility of drop-in/drop-out slots where players can take over a PC/NPC for a single session in case a regular player has to sit one out or the party conned a NPC into tagging along. It may be more trouble than it's worth if we have to re-teach the client every time. In any case, I fully intend to make players take turn posting a log of what happened to keep voyourists entertained. On top of that, the server should be able to handle a bunch of spectators so long as they keep comments on IRC so the players/gm don't get distracted.

Codexia said:

:oops:

I'm flattered (and a little intimidated) at the amount of interest this thread has generated in such a short time. I wish I could attempt to entertain all of you, but that'd be a logisitcal nightmare! From the looks of things, we're running a Pathfinder adventure path. They're usually written for a party of 4-5 players. I figure we'll go with 5 people as a starter. If everyone gets horribly slaughtered, we'll let a 6th player in. If encounters turn into walkovers, I'll get creative with the monsters.
evil.gif

Everyone else will be on a standby list. If a player temporarely or permanently has to drop out, I'll be poking them to see if we can find a replacement. If (against all expactations) it turns out I have even more time to spare, I may do a few one-shot adventures over a few sessions for intersted parties as well. But that's not what's important right here and now.

Paizo has published 9 adventure paths so far. I'll give them all a read-over, pick 2-3 good candidates, post a short blurb about each and we can bicker and argue about which one to run.

I went over the posts in the thread so far, trying to figure out who, when and what to play. This is what I got so far. Feel free to help me fill in missing fields and correct mistakes on my part.

Code:
Username       Timezone    Day(s)       Time(s)      Experience   Preferences
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulminati        GMT+1   Fri/sat/sun  Noon - Midnight    Lots      Spectacular player deaths :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azira           GMT+1     Fri/sat       Evening         Lots      Dungeon crawl
Azael           GMT+1      Sun     Afternoon/Evening    Some      ??
root            GMT-3     Fri/sat         ??            None      ??
Mrowak          GMT+2     Fri/Sat    Evening/Night      Lots      Exotic storyfaggotry
lightbane       GMT+1   Fri/sat/sun     Evening         Some      ??
Angelo85        GMT+1     Fri/Sat       Evening         None      Mystery/Intrigue
DamnedReg.        ??       Any(?)        Any(?)         Some      Dungeon crawl with some LARP
JagreenLern     GMT-5       ??     Afternoon/Evening    Some      ??
Renegen         GMT-5     Sat/Sun  Afternoon-Night      Lots      Dungeon crawl
Wetworks        GMT+1      Sun          Evening         Some      ??
Black Cat       GMT-3     Sun-Thu  Stuffies-Thingies    None      Elves, Fairies, Goblins

I place by far the most importance on Timezone/day/time. We're all smrt enough to pick up pathfinder with our prior exposure to D&D 3.0/3.5. The time(s) column assumes local time where GM lives (GMT+1).

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ulminati said:
Azira said:
But what did you have in mind Ulminati? How many hours do you expect to put into this? Once I settled down and started a family of my own I gave up MMORPGs, as I couldn't devote the time necessary, and I didn't want to have to suddenly quit from a dungeon romp and leave the other players hanging, "just" because my child needs a change of diapers.

What I'm coming around to say is, that I'd love to participate, but I'm not sure it'd be fair to the rest of the group. :?

I'm keeping that in mind BRO. One of my pen&paper buddies has 3 sons aged 1, 4 and 7 respectively. But we usually play at his place if we play at all. I fully understand and respect that your kids come first. I also agree it's a bit of a bummer for everyone involved if a member of the party regularly vanishes in the middle of the game (or doesn't show at all). The time investment I'm looking at is 4-6 hours on a predetermined day once every 2 weeks. With at least a 1-week advance warning to allow everyone to clear their schedules. You're the best judge of whether or not you'll be able to talk your SO into looking after your proto-geeks while you LARP with a bunch of intarweb racists.

Well, depending on how I sell it to her, and when we start, I might be able to pull something off. It'd probably have to be in the evening, that is after 18:00 CET (that's 17:00 or 5pm greenwich time) so I can get dinner off and away before sequestering in the Den. Possibly this could be pulled off in a manner that I'd only have to be AFK occasionally (I imagine 2-3 times max per session) and not for more than 5-10 minutes max. I'd also prefer friday or saturday, so I don't have to get up for work the next day.

It also depends on when this thing starts. Right now, with the youngest being a suckling babe, my wife has to devote quite a bit of time to him, so taking care of the eldest basically all falls back on me. As I usually tuck in my eldest around 19:30-20:00, my hands are free after that time, and not so much before. Usually though, she isn't too much of a bother after dinner's been served. :M

Anyhow, looking at the current list of likely candidates, even if I do have to drop out, we can probably arrange for a suitably gory death so I can be replaced by another meat popsicle. :smug:

lightbane

Arcane
Ulminati said:
Code:
Ulminati        GMT+1   Fri/sat/sun  Noon - Midnight    Lots      Spectacular player deaths :D

lightbane       GMT+1       ??            ??            Some(?)   ??

I place by far the most importance on Timezone/day/time. We're all smrt enough to pick up pathfinder with our prior exposure to D&D 3.0/3.5. The time(s) column assumes local time where GM lives (GMT+1).[/quote]

Add this for me: Usually I'm free Wednesdays the entire day. Friday I could make it, but I might be a bit late. Saturdays and Sundays I should be able to make it, but it depends... Also, what do you mean with Experience: Some (?)  :x 

I understand that Rifts probably does not count as a tabletop rpg, but Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch and Cthulhutech are (also, I forgot to add, I've played Shadowrun too). For my prefences, I don't care as long as it fun and my character has something to do.

Lastly but not least, I'm not surprised why so many players are eager to join, consider this: They must be starving of real rpgs, Dark Souls is nice but it's not a turn-based rpg.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
GMT+1, Sunday (when not conflicting with DH), afternoon/evening.

Don't think I can play any other day, if the sessions are expected to carry on for some respectable length. I have played 3.5 before in a rather short lived and poorly GMed fashion, so I have some familiarity with the system outside of computer games.

Basically though, if there are other people with a more flexible schedule (and with less vorpal rolling pins looming over their head if they spend too much time on nerdy activities...), I won't fight for a regular spot. I'm more into a dungeon crawly kind of game, BTW. I get my larpy fill from Dark Heresy.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
lightbane said:

I meant with 3.5ed D&D/Pathfinder specifically. I figure people intimately familiar with pathfinder and the various classes will shoulder some of the burden helping new players getting comfortable with the system. I put "some" with poeple who gave indication of having played 3.0/3.5 d&d before and "lots" with people who appeared to have already read through the pathfinder rules.

I'll write you down for fri/sat/sun. (No reason listing days where the GM can't show). Looks like friday/saturday are the most likely days at the moment. Once everything's settled, I guess I'll roll a d20 for everyone with highest rolls getting first picks at character slots. It seems like the fairest solution

Black Cat

Magister
@ Ulmikun

Uhm, can you explain a little bit about how the software works and how, say, it does stuffies and thingies? I wouldn't mind joining you guys, but I don't really know anything about what it is about other than we play some campaigns together.

In any case, i'm on GMT -3. And I'm free, like, whenever I feel like being free, given I'm like, almost done with school and only need to go when there's an exam. So other than those days my time table it's quite liquid. Just don't be mean: Leave saturday night and, like, the day before saturday night free. ¬¬

And I only play Wizards, Sorcerers, and similar stuffies, just so we are clear. :M

And, like, I only play elves or fairies. Yeah.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Black Cat said:
Uhm, can you explain a little bit about how the software works and how, say, it does stuffies and thingies? I wouldn't mind joining you guys, but I don't really know anything about what it is about other than we play some campaigns together.

I guess I really ought to sit down and do a quick&dirty intro to RPtools with pictures and stuffies. I'll get on it soonish.

Quilty

Magister
I'm definitely interested.

I'd be into a first level Pathfinder adventure, pre-written, if the rest of the players are for that sort of thing, since Pathfinder seems to have some really nice adventures (I've only skimmed a few just to see how structured they are). If there's interest, I'd also like to try other settings in the future, like Dark Sun or Eberron.

I live in Croatia, so that's GMT+1 timezone for me. I don't have a family, so that's not an issue, but I'm working most of the week so I'm only available on Friday evening, Saturday afternoon or the whole of Sunday.

I'm okay with playing late at night on those days, if that's required because of the other players' timezones (I don't have to get up early on Monday).

I have a little bit of experience with 3e (played one adventure with buddies, but it quickly petered out), and I've only read the Pathfinder core rulebook.

Definitely count me in if you can squeeze me into the group somehow. I'm very rarely busy on weekends, and even if I am that only means I have to stay at home and do some stuff for work (but that can be done on Saturday if we're playing on Sunday or the other way around etc.).

EDIT: One thing, though: don't count me in if you're thinking of LARPING. I'm not doing any of that and I will stop participating if this is asked of me. I'm sorry if this sounds blunt, but I thought it's better to just put it out there if you're considering letting me in. I'd be okay with a story-driven game, but I'd prefer something that leans toward dungeon crawling and less toward solving abortion problems/family issues/marriage counselling etc.

Black Cat

Magister
I totally forgot the questions about our Campaigns preferences.

So, like, can we play this one some time? I never managed to get anyone to GM it! :(

PZO9500-5_500.jpeg

And as far as I am concerned Goblins count as fairies so I don't mind rolling one! :M

* Black Cat uses the Puppy Eyes racial skill *

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
@Black Neko-chan
Ah, I can't make any promises this early when I've yet to discover just how much of my free time GMing a regular campaign will soak up. Running two groups at the same time will probably result in my head asploding and everyone else being dissapointed. Maybe once the main campaign is underway I'll find time to run some one-off adventures on the side. But don't let that stop anyone else from stepping up and starting a GM career! I'll gladly sign up as a player if someone else runs something! :salute:

In the meantime, please have some free sekrit goblin lore!

Ten Fun Facts About Goblins

1: Horse Hate: Goblins excel at riding animals, but they don’t quite get horses. In fact, their hatred of all things horse is matched only by their fear of horses, who tend to step on goblins who get too close.

2: Dog Hate: Although goblins raise horrible rat-faced creatures called (creatively enough) goblin dogs to use as mounts (and ride wolves or worgs if they can get them—goblins are quick to explain that wolves are NOT dogs), their hatred of plain old dogs nearly matches their hatred of horses. The feeling is mutual. If your dog’s barking at the woodpile for no reason, chances are he smells a frightened goblin hiding in there somewhere.

3: Goblins Raid Junkyards: Garbage pits, gutters, sewers… anywhere there’s garbage, you can bet goblins are nearby. Goblins are weirdly adept at crafting weapons and armor from refuse, and are fond of killing people with what they throw away.

4: Goblins Love to Sing: Unfortunately, as catchy as their lyrics can be, goblin songs tend to be a bit too creepy and disturbing to catch on in polite society.

5: They’re Sneaky: An excited or angry goblin is a noisy, chattering, toothy menace, but even then, he can drop into an unsettling silence in a heartbeat. This, matched with their diminutive size, makes them unnervingly adept at hiding in places you’d never expect: stacks of firewood, rain barrels, under logs, under chicken coops, in ovens…

6: They’re A Little Crazy: The fact that goblins think of things like ovens as good hiding places reveals much about their inability to think plans through to the most likely outcome. That, and they tend to be easily distracted, particularly by shiny things and animals smaller than them that might make good eating.

7: They’re Voracious: Given enough supplies, a goblin generally takes nearly a dozen meals a day. Most goblin tribes don’t have enough supplies to accommodate such ravenous appetites, which is why the little menaces are so prone to going on raids.

8: They Like Fire:
Burning things is one of the great goblin pastimes, although they’re generally pretty careful about lighting fires in their own lairs, especially since goblins tend to live in large tangled thistle patches and sleep in beds of dried leaves and grass. But give a goblin a torch and someone else’s home and you’ve got trouble.

9: They Get Stuck Easily: Goblins have wiry frames but wide heads. They live in cramped warrens. Sometimes too cramped.

10: Goblins Believe Writing Steals Your Soul:
The walls of goblin lairs and the ruins of towns goblins have raided are littered with pictures of their exploits. They never use writing, though. That’s not lucky. Writing steals words out of your head. You can’t get them back.

Black Cat

Magister
Ulminati said:
4: Goblins Love to Sing: Unfortunately, as catchy as their lyrics can be, goblin songs tend to be a bit too creepy and disturbing to catch on in polite society.

Goblins chew and goblins bite.
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump.
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be goblins! You be food!

:love:

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
here's my "stats"

Wetworms GMT+1 Sun(but sinewhat flexible) Evening some prefers a mixture

I should note that i also have some experience with rptools

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The RPTools guide is going to take a little while before I can get it done. It seems the pathfinder framework I was eyeing has succumbed to massive bloat. I'll try to find a more lightweight one to make things easier on people. Worst case scenario we can dump the framework entirely and just use RPTools and seperate character sheets.

In the meantime, impatient types can peruse the various guides at http://www.rptoolstutorials.net/ to get a feel for how the base client works. (Quickstart guide Is here).

Code:
Mrowak          GMT+2     Fri/Sat    Evening/Night      Lots      Exotic storyfaggotry
Angelo85        GMT+1     Fri/Sat       Evening         None      Mystery/Intrigue
DamnedReg.        ??       Any(?)        Any(?)         Some      Dungeon crawl with some LARP
Black Cat       GMT-3     Sun-Thu  Stuffies-Thingies    None      Elves, Fairies, Goblins

Judging from player feedback so far, it seems the time most people can agree on is saturday evening. I propose a bi-weekly session going from around 18-19 GMT+1 to 23-24 GMT+1. I'll present the intro blurbs to the adventure paths that look promising sometime tomorrow. I kinda got sidetracked reinventing the wheel in maptools.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
That time works fine for me. Hope I can get in. I wonder what the party will end up being like? Could vary pretty wildly depending on who gets in, as I'd imagine some of us are much more prone to being munchkins or cliched than others. Hopefully you won't be trying to kill off a team of 5 batman wizards swapping spellbooks. :P

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
DamnedRegistrations said:
That time works fine for me. Hope I can get in. I wonder what the party will end up being like? Could vary pretty wildly depending on who gets in, as I'd imagine some of us are much more prone to being munchkins or cliched than others. Hopefully you won't be trying to kill off a team of 5 batman wizards swapping spellbooks. :P

Well, I intend to run the AP with minimal modifications. If people decide to cheese über-munchkin builds they're really only ruining things for themselves. Unless they're the kind of people who like regenerating health and played Quake on easy. The only thing I really haven't got patience for is DRAMA. As long as noone's overly disruptive, noone throws tantrums and we can at least agree to pretend to follow the spirit of whatever adventure path we end up selecting, I'm pretty chill about what people end up playing.

Like I've said a few times earlier, once everything's just about settled, I'm going to roll a d20 for everyone with highest rolls getting first picks at the 5 player slots. That seems like the fairest way to pick players. There's probably going to be some dropout because a) not everyone can play in a given timezone, b) we end up picking an adventure path that rubs some players the wrong way and c) people realize 1-2 sessions in that they can't really commit to showing up one night every 2 weeks. Taking that into account, there's a pretty good chance I'll be able to accomodate everyone.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Right, decision time people. Which campaign looks the most interesting to you? I'll list the various ones available from paizo that I've been able to look over along with a few thoughts on them. I'm thinking everyone gets to pick their top 3 favourites and list them in order. Top pick gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2, 3rd gets 1. Whichever path has the highest sum will be the one we run with. Most of the paths have had a low-spoiler player's guide published intended for players about to start playing the given adventure path. You can download the PDFs from Paizo's site for free. If you'd rather not give out a dummy mail to the jews at Paizo, I've provided some hotlinks to my dropbox folder. Pretty please don't raep my bandwidth <3
My personal preference is
1: H 2: A 3: F
But I'm willing to go with any of them if the Kodex Kritikal Konsensus demands it.

I figure we'll let the vote run until sometime thursday. Then I'll figure out how to get us started. I can probably prepare enough to run character building and kick off the adventure on dec 3rd, which would set us up to run on the weekends the kodexian Dark Heresy campaign isn't.

A: Rise of the Runelords (Player Guide) (Dropbox player guide)

In the sleepy coastal down of Sandpoint, evil is brewing. An attack by crazed goblins during the annual Swallowtail Festival quickly turns into something more ominous as the shadows of a dark past come back to haunt the town—and perhaps all of Varisia. Can the heroes stop the awakening of a legendary runelord and keep him from reclaiming his lost kingdom of greed?

This is the first campaign Paizo released for their setting. It's been getting mostly positive reviews, although some encounters have tendencies of causing total party kills. The premise isn't too ambitious - save the sleepy coastal village in the most generic fantasy part of Golarion, but picks up as the path goes along.

B: Curse of the Crimson Throne (Player Guide) (Dropbox player guide)

The king is dead! In the Varisian port city of Korvosa, the death of a monarch leads to chaos, and only the PCs can hope to save the city from its own darkest tendencies. As the rule of the young queen grows more and more draconian, it's up to a band of bold adventurers to stop the spread of tyranny before all of Korvosa is crushed beneath her iron fist.

An urban intrigue setting, still in one of the more generic parts of Golarion. The campaign has gotten good reviews from players, but I'm not too stoked myself after having skimmed through the first few adventures. Although the tyrant queens handmaiden does have some pretty badass armor later on. Personally I feel like Council of Thieves does the same thing but with a more interesting setting.

C: Second Darkness (No Player Guide @ Paizo) (Dropbox player guide)

A strange light in the sky holds a danger unknown for ten thousand years! Deep beneath Golarion's surface, the greatest shame of the elves is stirring once more. Seething with hatred, the drow have come up with a plan to wipe out their ancient enemies and bring a second Age of Darkness. And this time, there's only the heroes to stop them...

Yeah. It's the deep elves, riding gloomspiders out of the undermurk. I was never terribly thrilled with drow. The early adventures look ok(ish), but the more the adventures push towards getting the players underground, the more cliche it gets. I'm not thrilled about this one. :/

D: Legacy of Fire (No Player Guide@ Paizo) (Dropbox player guide)

The sands of the desert are unforgiving, and those who show weakness rarely survive. Beset by gnolls and genies, can the heroes stop a wish-maddened warlord from raising one of the infamous Spawn of Rovagug, a living holocaust cast down millennia before? In order to do so, they'll need to brave sand, flame, and the terrors of the Outer Planes—yet the forces at work against them are limited only by the reach of their imagination. And the enemy has had thousands of years to prepare...

Arabian niiiiiights! The actual dungeon-crawly parts seem to come sooner and more frequently than in the other adventure paths. Player reviews complain that the difficulty curve is way out of whack and non-optimized parties get slaughtered out of hand. It seems to lose a little steam around level 5-6 though. I like the setting, but I'm not sold on the plot and encounter design. (although it is the path most likely to deliver hilariously unfair total party kills).

E: Council of Thieves (Player Guide) (Dropbox player guide)

Don't go out after dark! In the run-down Chelish capital of Westcrown, fallen from grace generations ago by the rise of the devil-worshiping House of Thrune, strange beasts of shadow prowl the streets after nightfall. At the same time, the head of the city's all-powerful crime syndicate, the notorious Council of Thieves, has grown unstable, and a new power is determined to take control—even if it means burning Westcrown to the ground.

Urban intrigue in a nation that worships demons. A lawful evil "paladin" order of hellknights. This arc is a lot more LARP-heavy than the previous paths. It has fewer dungeon crawls and more rat diplomacy. It's probably not what people have expressed interest in so far. It's gotten a lukewarm reception from players, although one of the 6 adventures in the path is more or less universally considered a masterpiece.

F: Kingmaker (Player Guide) (Dropbox player guide)

The land rush is on! Sent south by Brevoy, the heroes have the unenviable task of venturing into the infamous Stolen Lands and annexing the territory, facing down monsters, bandits, and worse. It's hard enough to conquer territory—but does a ragtag band of adventures have what it takes to found and defend a burgeoning kingdom from the terrors of the wild?

A sandbox-style adventure where players eventually end up overseeing the development of a small kingdom. It has some pretty interesting mechanics, but definately isn't dungeon-crawly. It's gotten decent reviews from players on the net. The one group I know personally that ran it had some reservations about it. I'd like to run something like this someday, but I don't think the adventre path is what people here are looking for.

G: Serpent's Skull (Player Guide) (Dropbox player guide)

Race to the lost city! Deep in the southern jungles, a fantastic city of wonders lies ruined and forgotten by the outside world, ripe for plundering and exploration by the heroes. Yet they aren't alone—several other factions, from deadly Red Mantis assassins to the avaricious Aspis Consortium—have also been tipped off to the city's existence, and the race is on to see who will reach it first. Of course, nothing in the jungle is as easy as it seems. For once they arrive, the heroes discover that the city may be lost, but it is not uninhabited...

I've played this path as a player before. It starts off brilliantly with what is one of my favourite lv1 adventures. But soon enters a rapid decline. Once the players hit the mainland around level 4, I really struggle to reccomend going further with this.

H: Carrion Crown (Player Guide) (Dropbox player guide)

From the whispering shadows of haunted Ustalav an ancient evil rises to grip the world in a new age of horror!

Amid the mists of this land of dark superstition and dread secrets stand both those who would defy the return of evil and those who would seek its terrible favor. Can the heroes discern their allies from their enemies in time to save a tortured realm from a tyrant’s return?

I've played the first half of this as a player and really quite enjoyed it. Each of the 6 adventures are built around one of the classics of gothic horror. (Haunted mansions, Frankenstein, werewolves, cthulhu mythos, vampires etc). The 2nd adventure is pretty weak, but loosely enough connected to the plot that I could probably swap it with another published adventure in the same level bracket without anyone noticing. I quite like this adventure path.

I: Jade Regent (Player Guide)

When a decades-old secret is exposed, an unassuming local tavern-owner and a close friend of the PCs discovers her birthright is to rule one of the ancient Dragon Empires of Tian Xia—the empire of Minkai. Yet the current ruler of this empire, the mysterious and increasingly cruel Jade Regent, has no intention of giving up his hold over the throne.

Enh... A road-trip adventure with the players following a caravan across the continent. I'm not really thrilled about this one. Aside from the first adventure, all subsequent parts of this have been ripped into by people on the net. We should probably give this one a pass.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If there still is room then GMT +1 for me when ever.

I would love to do shadowrun because the universe is great and has the potential of epicness.
I am free when ever at the moment because my health issues means i can't work so i am up for it if you need some one and i am 100% that i can make it for the foreseeable future.

OH i have played DD, shadowrun, Cathulu, Marvel and some different D20's.

My Recommendation is to go with pre-made camping's and modify them as needed. With a few one-off self made narratives that in there to spice things up.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
sup
interested in playing if possible

no experience, GMT -3, no preferences

I may give up on playing though

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Having slept on it, I can say that I won't be able to dedicate as much time as this project deserves on a bi-weekly basis. :( I already have my regular PnP group that eats up the entire evening and night on every last saturday in the month. Stealing two more fridays/saturdays every month just isn't compatible with current family life. :(

Also, I have a party to attend on december the 3rd, so I wouldn't be able to be there for the start of the campaign.

As much as I'd love to thwack monsters silly with the rest of you guys, the timing isn't right. So maybe some other time.

Good luck and godspeed! :salute:

Renegen

Arcane
Here's my picks:

1. D 2. H 3. A

Went with Arabian nights, sounds... adventurous.

Quilty

Magister
Ulminati said:
Code:

So I didn't even make it on the list? :(

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Still interested, but will probably have to bow out. Friday or Saturday will hardly ever work for me. Very nice initiative though Ulminati, I hope to see some interesting write-ups and AAR from this.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I realize its probably a bit late to report interest, but I'd be interested. Biweekly on fri/sat would work for me. No experience with dnd beyond crpgs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom