Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Invisible Inc.

Ironmonk

Augur
Recently I have been re-playing this a lot.

Most of you might not know, but the modding community still is alive and pumping a few mods once in a while + updating existing mods + fixing vanilla bugs.

There is even a big project been made that will add new types of missions (but not available on steam yet).

Also recently, 2 mods added a lot of new agents, so if you liked the game, you can try again and experience a lot of new things.

Ironmonk

Augur

Ironmonk

Augur
I got so motivated that I even created a new type of augment, based on Daemons, that could support many new agents (10+) and posted in their discord... don't know if it will be picked by them.. but at least, one of the active modders showed some interest in a couple of ideas I had.

Ironmonk

Augur
Bump

Released in may 2015

One of the best stealth turn-based games ever (with AP system)

Modding community relatively active with a few updates occasionally (usually expanding/fixing existing mods... new mods are usually rare)

Mods that add dozens of new agents, programs, items and enemies... + mods that change/expand the gameplay for a rich variety of playthroughs.

If you reading this still haven't played, then you should!

spectre

Arcane
Yeah, the remark about no way to turn it off most likely refers to how good it is.

potatojohn

Arcane
No, I was referring to actual spyware shipping with the game and sending your personal data to klei

Anyway I can't find much about it online now, but that's not unusual as the internet tends to forget pretty quickly

I reinstalled the game from gog and there's now a toggle in the settings to send some data, but who knows if that works or if it sends stuff anyway. I wouldn't trust it

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Klei are solid devs

had many hours of fun with Don’t Starve 10 years ago and now with ONI

never really got into invisible ink (that’s the pun) but it’s not a bad game at all just not my jam

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Klei are solid devs

never really got into invisible ink (that’s the pun) but it’s not a bad game at all just not my jam
mark of the ninja is their best creation tho and i will not accept otherwise

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
mark of the ninja is their best creation tho and i will not accept otherwise

Oh, yeah. I thought that goes without saying.

Klei are pretty cool. All of their games bring something new to the table. I wish they a decide on a big project in the future. Would be awesome to see something with their art style that has a 20hr+ campaign.

Üstad

Arcane
Klei are solid devs

Klei still updates Don't Starve Together and adds lots of new content for free. Any other devs would sell those as DLCs way more expensive than base game in total.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Klei are solid devs

It's rare that a dev can bounce around genres in such a (seemingly) effortless way. Can't really think of anything of theirs that's a total flop, and the only real consistency between them is some roguelite DNA in a bunch of their titles.

Makes everything they announce exciting and worth, at the very least, keeping an eye on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom