Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Management / Sim inZOI - nu Simsu, from PUBG publishers

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Life simulation game where the player takes on the role of a god, creating anything they desire to live out their ideal life while engaging in different stories

Ok, paradox sim-likker shitted itself into death, let's see how thisone will fare.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
The fact that the gameplay runs at 10fps in the official gameplay trailer should worry one a lot.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like life sims, but for some reason nobody manages to develop a proper Sims clone without shitting themselves before it's released.

Is the genre cursed? We'll see how this one ends up.

Gandalf

Arbiter
Looks like real life somewhere in the far east, but in a game. What's the appeal?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The game looks good and I like how world is done, but I just know that like Sims I would be bored with gameplay in a hour.

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
GVh15IzXAAA7dtA

Drakortha

Liturgist
I tried the creator demo for about an hour. And as expected, it's shit.

You have a few dozen face presets to choose from. They are all very high quality when looking at them. But the moment you start trying to mould the face you quickly learn how limited the creator actually is. It feels like you are trying to mould something out of cardboard. That's the best way I can describe it.

For example; you can't mould the position of the chin independently from the lower lips. You also can't give the character thinner lips without it looking retarded, either. And it is the same with eyebrows. The moment that you try to deviate from the preset, shit starts looking fucked up. The Sims 4 creator is actually better in this regard, I'm not even joking.

Imagine being up to your 4th generation and your great great grandkids all have the exact same preset head as the first character you made. It's going to be a world of clones. Life Sim in 2024 everyone.

ind33d

Learned
Life simulation game where the player takes on the role of a god
Finally, a video game about me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom