Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden) - Build Engine powered FPS by Duke Nukem 3D mappers - now with Aftershock DLC

Curratum

Ion Fury: Aftershock DLC will be released in summer 2021. The soundtrack for the game is written and composed by Jarkko Rotsten. The OST is actually almost ready, as in the final polishing state. The soundtrack will be filled with more than 60 minutes of tracker music.
The soundtrack will be released on all major digital platforms when the game is released. Watch this space!
Ion Fury is developed by Voidpoint and published by 3D Realms.
If only the other new games from 3D Realms were as good as IF at music...

Shhhh! You'll offend Andrew Hulshult and then no upcoming boomer shooter will have a soundtrack ever again, because he's making all of them, apparently! :D

Baron Dupek

Arcane
A tiny improvement over vanilla ost iirc.
Don't care about feelings when your work speaks by itself... if you don't forget about it after closing the game, that's how good? it is.

otsego

Cipher

Ion Fury: Aftershock DLC will be released in summer 2021. The soundtrack for the game is written and composed by Jarkko Rotsten. The OST is actually almost ready, as in the final polishing state. The soundtrack will be filled with more than 60 minutes of tracker music.
The soundtrack will be released on all major digital platforms when the game is released. Watch this space!
Ion Fury is developed by Voidpoint and published by 3D Realms.
If only the other new games from 3D Realms were as good as IF at music...

:shredder:

Sooo how long til someone hires this guy to work on a Crusader No Regret sequel/reboot...... ?

Melcar

Arcane
Got it on the last GOG sale and having fun with it. Lots of reloads. Levels are okay but get boring fast. The gameplay is fast and fun. Like the weapons I have unlocked so far, but it seems you can handle most things with the starting revolver alone and maybe the grenades. Why does the shotgun look like a grenade launcher? I hate that the grenades don't explode unless they hit an enemy. Enemy variety does not seem to be good. Music is okay I guess. Will definately get the expansion for this.

Mikeal

Arcane
Got it on the last GOG sale and having fun with it. Lots of reloads. Levels are okay but get boring fast. The gameplay is fast and fun. Like the weapons I have unlocked so far, but it seems you can handle most things with the starting revolver alone and maybe the grenades. Why does the shotgun look like a grenade launcher? I hate that the grenades don't explode unless they hit an enemy. Enemy variety does not seem to be good. Music is okay I guess. Will definately get the expansion for this.

Shotgun looks like grenade launcher cuz alternative fire is grenade launcher.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The shotgun doesn't look like a grenade launcher, it is one. It fires 40mm buckshot (which is a real thing) and loads 40mm explosive grenades for its alt fire.

Curratum

The gods have forsaken us. Ashes is still not out, Thief Black Parade doesn't seem like it's going to come out this year as well. This game's fucking expansion is still nowhere to be seen. Summer 2021 probably means the last day of September to 3DR.

Five bucks says WRATH will also be delayed once again.

randir14

Augur
The gods have forsaken us. Ashes is still not out, Thief Black Parade doesn't seem like it's going to come out this year as well. This game's fucking expansion is still nowhere to be seen. Summer 2021 probably means the last day of September to 3DR.

Five bucks says WRATH will also be delayed once again.

There will probably be more news next month during Realms Deep

Curratum

Friendly reminder that almost none of the games announced at last year's Realms Deep are out, and that the indie retro shooter niche is generally garbage.

geno

Savant
About the shotgun, like the revolver it's based on a real weapon
Milkor-MGL-AV140-01-1.jpg

Google Milkor MGL. It's a grenade launcher which can shoot a wide variety of projectiles, including non lethal ammo. But AFAIK it doesn't work with shotgun-like ammo.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

After defeating Heskel in her previous adventure, Shelly Harrison decides to celebrate at a local bar. When explosions interrupt her tasty beverage, she rushes out to find Heskel in a monstrous flying machine, cackling madly as he rockets away toward a mushroom cloud on the horizon.

Instinctively, she reaches for her Loverboy revolver, cocks it, and searches for the fastest transportation she can find - a sleek and powerful high-speed Hover Bike, armed with Drunken Homing Plasma Missiles. Shelly's fight against Heskel continues with multiple brand-new zones to explore, new dangerous enemies, new armaments to destroy them with, and some amazing high-speed vehicle combat.

Like classic expansions, Aftershock offers a brand new Arrange mode. Whether playing for the first time or revisiting Ion Fury, choose Arrange mode to experience the original game but now enhanced with new enemies, weapons and more.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
About the shotgun, like the revolver it's based on a real weapon
Milkor-MGL-AV140-01-1.jpg

Google Milkor MGL. It's a grenade launcher which can shoot a wide variety of projectiles, including non lethal ammo. But AFAIK it doesn't work with shotgun-like ammo.
The Vietnam-era M79 had buckshot rounds, so why couldn't this have such rounds?

PEACH

Arbiter
If I wasn't explicitly told these trailers were new footage I'd have assumed it was shit from the base game I forgot about

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

After defeating Heskel in her previous adventure, Shelly Harrison decides to celebrate at a local bar. When explosions interrupt her tasty beverage, she rushes out to find Heskel in a monstrous flying machine, cackling madly as he rockets away toward a mushroom cloud on the horizon.

Instinctively, she reaches for her Loverboy revolver, cocks it, and searches for the fastest transportation she can find - a sleek and powerful high-speed Hover Bike, armed with Drunken Homing Plasma Missiles. Shelly's fight against Heskel continues with multiple brand-new zones to explore, new dangerous enemies, new armaments to destroy them with, and some amazing high-speed vehicle combat.

Like classic expansions, Aftershock offers a brand new Arrange mode. Whether playing for the first time or revisiting Ion Fury, choose Arrange mode to experience the original game but now enhanced with new enemies, weapons and more.

My question is, "When?" When, and importantly, where will this be announced that they are taking orders? I'm so out of the loop on these things.

ferratilis

Magister
Ion Fury - Ion Fury 2.0 Release - Steam News (steampowered.com)
Ion Fury 2.0 Release
Ion Fury Prepares for Aftershock Expansion’s Q1 2022 Launch with 2.0 Patch Today

What's New in 2.0:
  • Fix missing or incorrect textures in Zone 1
  • Fix a bottomless pit that left the player alive (Z1A2)
  • Fix a soft-lock where players could get stuck during a fall (Z1A3)
  • Fix areas where players could be accidentally squished (Z1A4)
  • Fix a soft-lock when using boots (Z2A4)
  • Fix missing or incorrect textures in Zone 3
  • Further fixes to reduce premature lockdown activation causing a softlock (Z3A1)
  • Prevent a soft-lock during level transition (Z3A4)
  • Fix texture and sprite placement issues in Zone 4
  • Fix missing or incorrect textures in Zone 5
  • Re-time a switch to prevent breaking a sector effect (Z5A1)
  • Fix pickup spawns that would cause objects to overlap (Z5A3)
  • Fix sector placement to prevent a door glitch (Z6A1)
  • Prevent a player from causing a soft-lock by not triggering an event (Z6A2)
  • Add a switch to make sure the player is able to backtrack (Z6A2)
  • Fix a missing blocking bit that could break a secret (Z6A2)
  • Widened an exploding ceiling to further prevent an enemy getting stuck (Z7A1)
  • Skybox triggers improved, some times it would not load the correct skybox on time (Z7A1)
  • Tweaks to improve the player experience on train cars (Z4A1)
  • z4a3 train crash revisited to make it a bit more impactful
  • Improve the visibility/hints of some secrets in Zone 4, 5 and 6
  • Various soft-lock potentials either blocked out or fixed in anticipation of jump boots
  • Electrifryer now has a 2-hit strike when holding primary fire, and continued light attacks when holding alternate fire
  • Improved timing and aiming on Loverboy alternate fire for snappier feedback and quicker executions
  • SMG and Minigun have a higher max ammo count.
  • Minigun push-back has increased force for higher player speeds.
  • Tweaks to improve Bowling Bomb primary fire and HUD display feedback
  • Ion Bow now allows you to swap weapons in order to cancel your current charge
  • Improved Enemy AI responsiveness
  • Improved SMG reload animation.
  • Player landing from great falls does not lock the player's view anymore.
  • Inventory Pocket. Now Shelly can carry a Power Up on the go!
  • Dynamic Crosshair. Indicates how full your weapon's clip/magazine is by filling the weapon crosshair.
  • Radar now aids the player with new dots when hunting for Secrets during the campaign.
  • Enemies now take damage when underwater. Heskell forgot to make them waterproof! (Can be changed in the file 'customize.con')
  • Fix lighting effector skipping some objects it shouldn't.
  • Fixed Priest (crossbow cultist) being able to instantly kill the player.
  • Fixed crossbow not firing the correct number of shots at low ammo.
  • Fixed blood splatters waking up enemies through walls.
  • Improved Mechsect collision.
  • General improvements and fixes to enemy aiming behavior.
  • Ensure that weapons always switch away when empty.
  • Allow Loverboy altfire to target enemies through 2-sided walls. (maskwalls)
  • Fixed shocked enemies using the wrong palettes.
  • Upgraded and improved controller support.
  • Improved frame pacing.
  • Optimizations to improve overall game performance.
  • Window is freely resizable by the user and no longer locks the cursor unless needed.
  • Lots of behind-the-scenes updates to the engine.
  • Improve backwards-compatibility with old savegames.
  • Fix deletion of existing savegames in the base folder on startup.
  • Improved and finalized the appearance of some enemy sprites.
  • Fix jittering of Greater Priests when viewed from the back.
  • Support remote activation of cameras on Viewscreens (A_REMOTECAM and A_SCREENMIXER)
  • Experimental flood sector effectors, subject to some changes until the release of Aftershock.
  • Implemented breakable glass maskwalls for mapping use.

Ivan

Arcane
looking forward to purchasing this when the dlc releases

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom