Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is cyberpunk 2077 going to be good

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It'll be devoid of any surprise, of anything really exceptional or memorable. It'll be very competent Deux Ex on steroids, lightly streaked with wokeness.

Prime Junta

very competent Deux Ex on steroids

If it is, I'll buy two.

I do not think CDPR groks what makes DX so great. It might capture some of the superficial atmosphere, but beyond that, colour me skeptical.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
It'll be devoid of any surprise, of anything really exceptional or memorable. It'll be very competent Deux Ex on steroids, lightly streaked with wokeness.
Basic competence is exceptional now

All I know, is that it will trigger another 100 page long discussion about whether it can be called a RPG or not.

Then it will become local GOTY and everyone will pretend it's shit to sound smarter. Happens every year.

Duralux for Durabux

All I know, is that it will trigger another 100 page long discussion about whether it can be called a RPG or not.

Then it will become local GOTY and everyone will pretend it's shit to sound smarter. Happens every year.
Oblivion and skyrim are both rated 94 and 97 on metacritic, they are obviously RPGs and masterpieces like everyone says.
As always let's be like casuals and do not try to be critical against those games.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter

Oblivion and skyrim are both rated 94 and 97, they are obviously RPGs and masterpieces like everyone says.
As always let's be like casuals and do not try to be critical against those games.

Blivion had more depth than the witcher 3 though

Oblivion and skyrim are both rated 94 and 97 on metacritic, they are obviously RPGs and masterpieces like everyone says.

That's why I specified- """ local GOTY """, metacritic is shit.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think it'll be good at what it's doing, but a lot of people will want it to be something else and will thus say it's bad.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
probably worse than witcher 3 and bugged to shit at release because cdpr doesn't know shit about shooters
and then they'll make a dlc that's actually a subtle retelling of some classic cyberpunk story like mona lisa overdrive and it'll become goty

Yes, this seems to be the MO for most big companies that have a few decent people hidden away now. Produce main game with normie-friendly ratio of techno-diarrhea, then after the money has been safely made they let their in-house grognards off the leash to make a DLC or two for people of culture.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I'm not expecting this to be a good game, CDPR hasn't made a good game yet - I don't expect them to start now.

But I am open to being pleasantly surprised.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Let's face it if you dont have direct control of a character in 3rd or first person

You're reading a book

That isnt a game

Rieser

Scholar
I think it'll be alright. Won't live up to the hype, but be worth a playthrough all the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom