Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Fallout Tactics "Enclave mod" worth it?

Saduj

Arcane
It saddens me you NMA forums-lurking guys didn't notice my Children of the Apocalypse 2 mod that came out in late 2015 :(. Anyway, I am currently finishing my new campaign, hopefully releasing it this year before christmas.

I played the original COA campaign years ago and enjoyed it. If that one was also you, thanks. I’d recommend to anyone looking for FT content. Although the English translation was a bit rough.

Installed FT and COA 2 on my last PC and it kept freezing up in TB and I don’t like the RT mode. Maybe I’ll see if I can get it to work on my current PC.

Since nobody else has mentioned it, I’ll just throw out there that Awaken is another good FT mod, better than Enclave, IMO.

Reinar

Scholar
It saddens me you NMA forums-lurking guys didn't notice my Children of the Apocalypse 2 mod that came out in late 2015 :(. Anyway, I am currently finishing my new campaign, hopefully releasing it this year before christmas.

I played the original COA campaign years ago and enjoyed it. If that one was also you, thanks. I’d recommend to anyone looking for FT content. Although the English translation was a bit rough.

Installed FT and COA 2 on my last PC and it kept freezing up in TB and I don’t like the RT mode. Maybe I’ll see if I can get it to work on my current PC.
The first campaign never received an official translation. If you played it in English, then it was google translator at work, in which case it's surprising you enjoyed it (also it was quite buggy). BTW: In case you're from Poland, there's a guy on NMA who currently translates it to Polish.

The second campaign was translated by me. I know there's a problem with turn-based, but I only encountered a crash from 6th mission onward (last two missions). Up to that point it's playable in TB. Honestly, I have no idea why it crashes. I've checked the triggers, but didn't find anything suspicious.

With my third campaign, I have TB in mind and I hope it will work. Didn't test it for some time though.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Since nobody else has mentioned it, I’ll just throw out there that Awaken is another good FT mod, better than Enclave, IMO.

Awaken is really good but unfortunately for RT haters, like myself, due to some glitch, the final map (ghouls base) cannot be played in TB mode. As far as I know it still hasn't been fixed.

Saduj

Arcane
Awaken is really good but unfortunately for RT haters, like myself, due to some glitch, the final map (ghouls base) cannot be played in TB mode. As far as I know it still hasn't been fixed.

It was years ago that I played so I don’t remember specifics. But I know I finished it
twice, once with each faction, and never played in RT.

Saduj

Arcane

The first campaign never received an official translation. If you played it in English, then it was google translator at work, in which case it's surprising you enjoyed it (also it was quite buggy). BTW: In case you're from Poland, there's a guy on NMA who currently translates it to Polish.

The second campaign was translated by me. I know there's a problem with turn-based, but I only encountered a crash from 6th mission onward (last two missions). Up to that point it's playable in TB. Honestly, I have no idea why it crashes. I've checked the triggers, but didn't find anything suspicious.

With my third campaign, I have TB in mind and I hope it will work. Didn't test it for some time though.

I must have played the Google translate version. It was a long time ago. I remember enjoying the final big battle even though it took a while to get through all the AI turns.

For me, the 2nd campaign was locking up on the 1st mission. But I was having problems with Tactics on that PC regardless so it could have been something on my end.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Awaken was probably the only decent mod for FT so far, with a lot of references to potato pre-meme culture, when most folks did not have easy access to the Internet. In fact one of these (Huta99) was send to me via CDs package. Old times but I won't miss them...
All of them suffer from "no TB, mostly/only RT" problems but that happens when you put TB in the "deadline of a deadline" phase.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Awaken is worth a shot. It's different than usual F:T, you don't have base, don't gather squad and clear out maps etc. and it have actual quests, lo and behold! I dare to say it's like FO 1/2 in F:T engine but nothing can beat either FO 1 or 2 and Fallout Nevada on top of that.
There is also The Sum which is totally not F:T, more like... I don't know what tbh. With young people and not soldiers in it. Not combat heavy, if there is any fight in it.

Awaken was probably the only decent mod for FT so far, with a lot of references to potato pre-meme culture, when most folks did not have easy access to the Internet. In fact one of these (Huta99) was send to me via CDs package. Old times but I won't miss them...
All of them suffer from "no TB, mostly/only RT" problems but that happens when you put TB in the "deadline of a deadline" phase.

So, thanks for this, i was about to install "The Sum" after having 3 CTD in a row with in the very first area (when leaving) with Enclave.
From the ModB comments, it's not usual, apparently, another guy had 3 in a row and then it worked.
Also, it's weird but the Enclave shortcut doesn't have compatibility options.

So, The Sum isn't for me, keeping enclave for later (never?) and i'll try to install Awaken but i already tried and failed.
Any hints?
I thought i had to install the polish mod and then the english patch on top but the polish mod won't install, maybe it's a language problem, do i have to install polish language package on my computer first?

Then, i've read you have to install in with the mod manager, tried this but i have no idea where to put the mod files in order to install it with the manager.

Hints would be very welcome.

Or maybe i'll try Xkcon's mod, looks decent.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'll have to install the original game in a different directory to compare because for now, Xkon's mod is fun, but i only played the first map and it's tiring me already.
  • Maze battlefield that's probably made for the RT mode, really tiring to navigate and play in TB mode.
  • UI modifications which are not that great, for example, on the base map, i can shoot anywhere and hit friendlies by mistake but on a mission map, no target, no firing weapons, it's extremely retarded.
  • No aiming shots?
  • Too much loot? First map is already giving me better weapons and a shitload of stimpacks and ammo

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Xkon's mod is fun, but i only played the first map and it's tiring me already
If you had enough after first map then good riddance with certain ziggurat/pyramid/maze/whatever that thing is later in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom