Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is inquisition actually a bad game or do people just hate it because of the gay stuff?

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
What's all this about boy-cottaging a game for homosexual content? Get your minds above your belts, you closeted nancyboy fancyboys!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
JackOfOwls
I don't see you doing any better

18222.jpg

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I do not care about the gay stuff, but i do care about the entire game being designed around wasting your time. I don't know why they did it, it isn't like there is a monetary incentive to waste your time like in MMOs, but almost every single part of the game is made to waste time.

I haven't finished it yet, not sure how far in the game i am, but i abandoned it some months ago because i had to move and just didn't found it interesting enough to complete it. At some point i'll do out of curiosity for the story.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
T'was de gays. Or maybe it was just shit.
I watched Battlestar Galactica when I was a teen, and then again when I was over 30 and I enjoyed it both times. As the saying goes "If you're not a liberal when you're a teen, you've got no heart, but if you're still a liberal when you're 30 - you've got no brain". That show ranks as one of my favourite of all time, and although I'm a cis-hetro, white, skinhead, supremicist, NAZI; that lefty-liberal show really touched me: here.
Maybe that's just cause it was good though, and it wasn't gay.

It was a bad game. One of the dumbest things about it was the 'power' mechanic, basically to unlock story missions you needed to get certain amount of 'power', which you got by doing the grindy mmo 'kill 20 wolves' type missions. Add a laughable villain, irritating companions, poor dialogue, bad combat - it was an all around bad game, I didn't even manage to get to the halfway point.
As for the gay stuff, I feel like they use it as a defence mechanism, so they can claim that people criticise their games because they are all homophobic misogynistic nazis, and not because their games suck.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Let them feed me prog politics. But broken mechanics and overall retarded design? That's a no-go.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's a game with Inquisition in the title, yet at no point does the player ever do anything even remotely similar to what an inquisitor ought to do.

The writing is also completely shit, it reads like a tumblr fanfic, primarily because it was written by fat tumblrtards.
Thank god you wrote exactly what I was thinking so I can just quote you and move on without spending another moment contemplating this utterly shit game.

Hellion

Arcane
If I recall correctly, Michael York's character in that movie (Cabaret) was indeed gay. So that works on more than one level.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Is inquisition actually a bad game or do people just hate it because of the gay stuff?

Both, probably, i know for a fact it is a terrible game, after 30 minutes, i realized i'd rather kill myself than play anymore of it.

So, you really have to be gay to muster the strength to reach the gay stuff ...

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
curious about this issue
It's painfully dull. And I am not an intolerant person, truth be told. The gay tevinter mage did not bother me, nor did the weird qunari who blatantly lied about Qun teachings, or the warrior who was a woman who decided to become a man, I mean, you could have just been a badass chick with a sword but whatever, you do you. I was also not bothered by the weird elf goblin that continuously tried to hump my leg, named sarin or sarel, or something. I was even willing to tolerate all the elves being forced into my castle. Unfortunately, the game is incedibly dull, and padded out, and some of the plot arcs are borderline retarded, like the kid who is a ghost, but forgot he was a ghost? And is super secret and no one will ever know he was there unless you want him to, or until he slits your neck for being rude, or some trite nonsense. To make matters worse, everything is padded out in mmo fashion, so what little content is there is stretched further and further. I consider DA2 to be the worst of the dragon age games, but I managed to finish even that game, however I could never stomach finishing Inquisition. It just grates on you over time, until you begin to think more and more about all the other, better things that you could be doing right now. Which incidentally are not altogether great, but seem incredible by comparison.

Just my two cents.

Des

Educated
It's painfully dull. And I am not an intolerant person, truth be told. The gay tevinter mage did not bother me, nor did the weird qunari who blatantly lied about Qun teachings, or the warrior who was a woman who decided to become a man, I mean, you could have just been a badass chick with a sword but whatever, you do you. I was also not bothered by the weird elf goblin that continuously tried to hump my leg, named sarin or sarel, or something. I was even willing to tolerate all the elves being forced into my castle. Unfortunately, the game is incedibly dull, and padded out, and some of the plot arcs are borderline retarded, like the kid who is a ghost, but forgot he was a ghost? And is super secret and no one will ever know he was there unless you want him to, or until he slits your neck for being rude, or some trite nonsense. To make matters worse, everything is padded out in mmo fashion, so what little content is there is stretched further and further. I consider DA2 to be the worst of the dragon age games, but I managed to finish even that game, however I could never stomach finishing Inquisition. It just grates on you over time, until you begin to think more and more about all the other, better things that you could be doing right now. Which incidentally are not altogether great, but seem incredible by comparison.

Just my two cents.

The above quote reflects my personal experience.
I tried to finish this game but i just cant for the reasons stated above. The main plot characters and side content are just dull and stupid. The combat is below avarage.
When i was trying to play Inquisition i was just thinking about playing other games instead.

Inquisition is a waste of time. Just go for a walk instead, it will be much better for your brain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom