Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is inquisition actually a bad game or do people just hate it because of the gay stuff?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Honestly the gay mage is one of the best characters in the series. Too bad he's in a game that sucks due to MMO design.

Exhuminator

Arcane
Bad Inquisition:

684006_front.jpg

Gay Inquisition:

381358_front.jpg

Not Bad, Not Gay Inquisition:

248721_front.jpg

Thus spake Zarathustra.

Codex Year of the Donut
, nor did the weird qunari who blatantly lied about Qun teachings,
Lorewise, why would he tell you the truth?
He flat out tells you he's a spy. The only problem is that you can't just execute him right there.
There's no way to know anything he says or does is actually as he says it is because his culture is so foreign that we simply don't understand it(cough). For all we know, he might have hedged his bets that eventually you'd find out he's a spy -- or worse, you were about to find out he's a spy, and simply told you himself to make it more acceptable.
I'm probably giving the writers too much credit, but it would be entirely within his character to lie about everything.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I don't know anything about the gay stuff. I hated it because it plays like an MMO with lots of mindless questing and grinding, and yet the gameplay isn't good enough to justify any of that. The combat is the thing that disappointed me the most. I enjoyed Origins much more because at least that was tactical and tightly tuned. In Inquisition I just ran around blowing everything up with big spells. Also the headquarters with the endless story faggery was really tedious for me. Just a really weak game, perfect example of big budget, dumbed down gaming. Made by committee for consolers, which feels extra frustrating because the first game was promising and they just abandoned that entire type of game which feels quite bait and switchy.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Inquisition is fucking terrible and it has nothing to do with being gay or anything like that. Hell, even if you were braindead enough to think all the writing was good it'd still be bad. Game has:

MMORPG tab target combat
Shitty repetitive open-world checklist activities
Actual mobile game style timer waits on shit like you're playing a licensed game on the shitter

Incendax

Augur
The gay character is actually awesome and funny as hell.

The problem with Inquisition comes from extremely bland gameplay, boring collection and fetch quests, combat with mediocre depth, and a story that is only interesting for the first few hours. Some games have bland elements that you can overlook because other elements are interesting. Like how we accept the terrible combat in Planescape. But there was just too much blandness at every turn in Inquisition, and it doesn’t get better until DLC. Which is a damn long time to wait.

The best thing the game has going for it is the witty banter of some characters. Like the gay mage.

Last edited:

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Cisquisition is the worst """RPG""" I have ever played. No others come even close to the level of atrociousness present in every single fiber of this game. There is literally not a single thing that's good about it. None. It is pure garbage, nay, a mockery of video games and gamers.

Codex Year of the Donut
The story itself and the characters really weren't bad, and a lot of it was actually good(respecting a lot of C&C you made years ago in dragon age inquisition for example)
Varric, Dorian, and Blackwall were bro-tier companions with good stories. Blackwall's was a pretty good twist I didn't see coming but made a lot of sense when it happened.
I don't even remember the name of the black woman, but she was the worst.

The problem is that it's a bad game.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The expanded lore shirts all over things that made DAO mildly interesting, almost as if the writers had a fucking grudge against the first game.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
MMORPG tab target combat
I agree with everything else you said but this part is dumb and wrong and needs to stop getting repeated.
It's true, though. Target enemy, hold down the button until it's dead. Repeat forever. Use your skills if theyre up.

If anything, an MMORPG is more engaging since you have to talk to other people and the modern ones usually have encounter design

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The combat is a kind of MMO and action RPG hybrid. It's not as dumb-simple as wandering around holding LMB and pressing tab, like you're saying, but it's not what I'd call deep either. The MMO bullshit really shows itself in the quest structure and design though. The combat wasn't great but I could have gotten by with it if anything else was entertaining, but it wasn't.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Bad Inquisition:

Not Bad, Not Gay Inquisition:

248721_front.jpg

Thus spake Zarathustra.

Is Inquisitor really not bad though?

It has some good elements but combat makes the majority of the gameplay and it's... not good to say it lightly.

Oh, my God, I remember this game, combat is so shitty - it ruins all expirience from game. I fucking suffered through game, at the end I was ready to puke, this how combat was bad.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
A codexer once told me that having sex with another guy wasn't that bad, and people just hated that because of the "supposedly gay stuff".

Cat Dude

Savant
Idk. It feels empty to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom