Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is it just me or has user activity dropped significantly over the past two weeks?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They changed forum software, is it the consequence?

Semiurge

Cipher
This is a test.

The boat has loaded.

Test complete.

18545e35aa37d596333618c8dd82acfca39c842f.gif

Gregz

Arcane
All the Eastern Euros are being grinded in Donbass
Did the codex ever have a significant vatnik presence? Ruskies never topped 5% of the forum's daily traffic when I used to look at it on occasion. Now if potatoland got hit we'd feel it.

Owlcat refugees (queers/trannies/furries) artificially bumped their numbers here. Hopefully they are getting drafted and drone striked. There are Owlcat fans on both sides of the border, so the "special operation" is a win-win.

BruceVC

Magister
Did the codex ever have a significant vatnik presence? Ruskies never topped 5% of the forum's daily traffic when I used to look at it on occasion. Now if potatoland got hit we'd feel it.

Owlcat refugees (queers/trannies/furries) artificially bumped their numbers here. Hopefully they are getting drafted and drone striked. There are Owlcat fans on both sides of the border, so the "special operation" is a win-win.

Except for the reality that the majority of vatniks dont live in Russia, they live in mostly Western countries

You didnt think that the loudest " pro-Russia " voices would really want to live in Russia? So they wont get drafted on either side

Cael

Arcane

Except for the reality that the majority of vatniks dont live in Russia, they live in mostly Western countries

You didnt think that the loudest " pro-Russia " voices would really want to live in Russia? So they wont get drafted on either side
I'd say a significant number lives in China and pretend they live elsewhere.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
People aren't rating because it's a double click to rate now, I don't rate anymore unless I get really triggered.
Is this a bad thing?
I've complained at the time and Taluntain told me to deal with it. It seems like everyone is dealing with it, alright. It's ok, ratings are not that important, but let's just state the facts so he doesn't act surprised when people change their forum habits.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
The old atrociously ugly rating method can be turned on without effort at any time. Just saying.
Personally, just me eh, I just asked for the button list to be shown upon mouse hover, like it was in the first days after the new design was put in place, and this was too much for Taluntain, citing lack of consistency because you have to double click the alerts button (???) despite the two functions being very different in nature. Double clicking to rate is just ridiculous and not worth the effort most of the time. I'm just finding out that this double clicking is affecting the rating habits of the userbase but I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Poor Kalarion must be suffering.

Last edited:
Activity is down because I have been unexpectedly busy away from the forum and people come here, for the most part, to read my awesome takes and sick insults. This explains why the site suddenly started existing only a bit less than a year ago, objectively speaking.

Also, you know, between Brandon's recession and Putin's price hikes, the ol' AOL fees add up. Who can afford all these minutes of internet access anymore?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The old atrociously ugly rating method can be turned on without effort at any time. Just saying.
Agree.

Also no.
Aside from it now requiring two clicks per button rating, each button expands in size when the mouse cursor is over it, which sometimes makes it more difficult to click on the correct rating, when an adjacent rating expands and partially covers it. :M

laclongquan

Arcane
1. There was a time when I unable to access Codex due to Chrome report a problem about certificate not valid or something. And after the upgrade is over that report go away so I assume something did get outdated on Codex side~ I imagine a lot of users like me get stonewalled by such thing.

2. Lots of time for machine-translation of Chinese amateur writings. This is just me, though.

3. Lots of time of FNV total conversion projects: Dust (7 times baby), Obscurum Pandemics, Days of Chaos, Welcome to New Hell, and currently Fallout New California. Frontier I dont intend to test it now, since Tale of Two Wasteland v3.3 is finally bugfix to v3.3.2 so after FNC it's time for TTW.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
220717_CodexStatistics.png

For the record:
Posts++ = Ukraine War Thread
Ratings++ = Donuts (to be fair, I think prior to the upgrade it only counted brofists where as now it's counting all button reactions)

In completely unrelated news, the Codex is also pleased to announce that we've become a war and donuts focussed website and will be moving away from RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom