Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Is Kinkmaker gud?

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Is Pathfinger: Kinkmaker a gud game that is worth buying/playing?

• Yes, it is good

• No, it's shit

• I am ambivalent

• Haven't played it

• Kingmaker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thonius

Arcane
Then I stumbled upon that Brienne of Tarth copy-paste (this is all happening in a matter of minutes) as she's carrying poor men out of the flame as if they were helpless children.
And have you noticed she becomes fatigued once she does so? Her strenght is so low, she's literally encumbered by the equipment intended for her class. If anything, Val's a parody of Shar-Teel from BG1; can't hit anything in combat, but has the constitution of a dwarf and can be employed as a brickwall.
Also I thought that guardsmen was small? Elf or gnome right?
pathfinder-kingmaker-23121-1537524447523-1537524479-5-1.jpeg

hell bovine

Arcane
Then I stumbled upon that Brienne of Tarth copy-paste (this is all happening in a matter of minutes) as she's carrying poor men out of the flame as if they were helpless children.
And have you noticed she becomes fatigued once she does so? Her strenght is so low, she's literally encumbered by the equipment intended for her class. If anything, Val's a parody of Shar-Teel from BG1; can't hit anything in combat, but has the constitution of a dwarf and can be employed as a brickwall.
I'm not sure it's actually Valerie succeeding at the athletics skillcheck here. I seem to recall Jaethal rolling last time I've played the prologue, but I might be wrong.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm not sure it's actually Valerie succeeding at the athletics skillcheck here. I seem to recall Jaethal rolling last time I've played the prologue, but I might be wrong.
The cut scene uses the person with the highest Athletics skill... with Val's heavy armor penalties, it'll almost never be her for this cut scene, (even assuming the game counts her in the party for this check vs. adding her into the party right after the CYOA is done.)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Let me know when there is a mod that turns all of the brawny strong wiminz into serving wenches then I'll play the game. Amirite?!!
Grab fire kineticist girl and then make 4 other female custom companions.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I must say building in this game is a lot more like ToEE than NwN. It's ridiculously easy to get Sneak Attacks / Attacks of Opportunity going and team feats rule.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How come? The character building is quite similar to NWN. Of course the system is different and much richer.
The teamwork combos, aoe scaring enemies and flanking are some of the major gameplay differences. But BAB stacking and such is similar. Multiclassing is even easier as there are no multiclassing penalties and you're not really encouraged to use Prestige Classes.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Yeah. I'm not saying it's necessarily good or bad, just different. I am getting strong vibes of both NwN and ToEE. The combat feels like ToEE to me because of standardized team feats and AoO fishing. It's sort of like a meta.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
One thing though. Many feats are borderline useless. Picking feats comes down to a boring elimination game. That plus the AoO fishing metagame reminiscent of ToEE (Combat Reflexes > Seize the Moment > Outflank) don't allow much freedom.

Additionally some feats such as Blind Fight have been split into three tiers for no apparent reason, only increasing feat bloat.

ArchAngel

Arcane
One thing though. Many feats are borderline useless. Picking feats comes down to a boring elimination game. That plus the AoO fishing metagame reminiscent of ToEE (Combat Reflexes > Seize the Moment > Outflank) don't allow much freedom.

Additionally some feats such as Blind Fight have been split into three tiers for no apparent reason, only increasing feat bloat.
There is zero need to take those teamwork feats unless you are playing on Unfair. You can use all kind of combination of feats and classes and have success just like in PnP.

And feat blot is mostly for Fighters. In Pathfinder you get a feat every other level and fighter also gets feats every other level so they get 20 feats until lvl 20 (21 if human). They got to have a big list to pick from.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
It's not about "need". It's about optimizing your tactics. And those feats, along with some other things (Dazzling Display with high Intimidation, Shatter defenses, optionally Thug levels; Bard bonuses; Freebooter bonuses) are too good to pass up on a melee heavy party. Of course going melee heavy is not the only way to play - but that's how I like to roll.

Cael

Arcane
It's not about "need". It's about optimizing your tactics. And those feats, along with some other things (Dazzling Display with high Intimidation, Shatter defenses, optionally Thug levels; Bard bonuses; Freebooter bonuses) are too good to pass up on a melee heavy party. Of course going melee heavy is not the only way to play - but that's how I like to roll.
You only need 1 god-style wizard to disable a bunch of enemies. The meleers can mop up after that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
But it is not needed. You don't need to optimize anything. You can if you want to but luj1 was talking like any other choice is a wrong one when that is just not true. It does not matter if you beat enemies easily or beat them even more easily. I don't use any of these "need to" melee combinations, usually have 2-3 melee in my party and just deal with tougher enemies using CC or summons.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
You only need 1 god-style wizard to disable a bunch of enemies. The meleers can mop up after that.

Provided that you enjoy frequent rests.
Encounter frequency in some areas is... uh... high.

Meanwhile a well arranged melee-centric party is only somewhat restricted by resources (such as buffs running out, running out of healing spells, restorations and the like) and can mostly slice & dice all day long.

Cael

Arcane

Provided that you enjoy frequent rests.
Encounter frequency in some areas is... uh... high.

Meanwhile a melee party can usually slice & dice all day long.
I was talking about your melee heavy party. It is not a bad strategy because all you need is one wizard with one spell and the meleers will clean house.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Oleg's post is quite a mundane and banal experience. I was trying out various dialogue options hoping it will lead somehere but it felt like playing some kind of tutorial.

It's clear that modern devs are really trying not to overstimulate the player. A horrible trend.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oleg's post is quite a mundane and banal experience. I was trying out various dialogue options hoping it will lead somehere but it felt like playing some kind of tutorial.

It's clear that modern devs are really trying not to overstimulate the player. A horrible trend.

Oleg’s kinda still is the tutorial.

purpleblob

Savant
The game is at least 100 hours long, and there are many players out there without D&D/Pathfinder knowledge. Beside, I thought chapter 1 is pretty fun for low level.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Still playing this game. Really enjoying it but that puzzle in the Other World with the little birdie and the bones. What. The. Fuck. Did anyone get that without a walkthrough? Anyone at all? I love the difficulty of the combat though. In that boss-fight with the seed-plague flower thingie I had Jubilost frantically running around during the fight going from player to player trying to squeeze out a few extra buffs that just barely managed to turn the tide of the battle. Really really fun. So yeah, it is gud.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom