Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance the best game ever made?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Don't respond if you haven't played it. No, not even now.

The attention to detail. The programming skill that had to go into doing what this game does. (I look at what they had to do and shit my pants) The typical MGS 10 hours of codec dialog that is slightly corny but still not nonsense.

I'm playing it again for the third time now, and Jesus there are so few games that give me a hard on like this one does. So very few through my whole life.

I think somebody spilled their coffee on the third floor of the Cognitive Elite HQ, and yet here you are slacking off in the janitor's closet. GET BACK TO WORK.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
This game is pretty cool. Not the best game ever though, far from it. And it would be way cooler if it didn't have qte's and these stupid cutscenes.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Not gonna lie, it's good. I like the art design, the soundtrack is great (hit or miss though) and the gameplay is fun. I'd remove the quick-time-event cutscenes though, and make the bossfights more like Devil May Cry and less like modern Resident Evil, but they were okay.

Cool game.

baturinsky

Arcane
Is that "cut along the dotted line" thing supposed to be that hard, or it's just poor pad-to-keyboard conversion?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Is that "cut along the dotted line" thing supposed to be that hard, or it's just poor pad-to-keyboard conversion?
I played it on the 360, and the input was ridiculously finicky even then. You had to get it precisely at the right angle, then make a bloody slashing motion with the analogue stick immediately afterwards, and if you nudge your thumb even slightly in the wrong direction at the beginning, it'll misalign and you'll have to do it again.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
9lQ0ipa.png

Gerrard

Arcane
Too bad they couldn't decide whether they want to make a flashy spectacle fighter or a stealth game and just ended up halfassing both.

baturinsky

Arcane
The japanese see americans like Pratchett sees dwarves.
Hmm...

"The dwarfish language has a gender neutral pronoun, usually rendered as "he" when speaking human languages. Dwarfish courtship is an incredibly tactful affair, primarily concerned with finding out which gender the other dwarf is"

Sounds like Americans.

Last edited:

Lord Romulus

Arcane
MGR is one of the few games where I didn't mind the QTEs that much. Zandatsuing grunts gets tiring after a while, but the QTEs for the bosses are so over-the-top that I don't mind doing them each time. Soundtrack and characters are fantastic but overall in terms of gameplay:

Ninja Gaiden > Devil May Cry > Bayonetta > MGR

Martius

Liturgist
Its also hard while using pad, at least one which require more precision like Monsoon or Armstrong. I guess Platinum had to keep that gimmick because that was original idea of Kojima Productions. Its one of things cleary showing that development was rushed, too bad Platinum had so little time.

Still its at least decent slasher but I completely agree with arguments against stealth. It should be either scrapped or improved (probably second one since Kojima studio had big problems with balancing acting and stealth). Since Kojima was happy with sales we should see sequel sooner or later, hopefully with pc version coming out faster. After playing Wonderful 101 I cant wait to check out full version of Bayonetta 2. Later I just need proper Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry. Sadly, it probably wont happen soon if will at all.:negative:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah there is no way in hell we are getting a real DMC or a good Ninja Gaiden game again, but with Wonderfull 101 being as awesome as it is and Bayonetta 2 coming soon all hope is not gone yet.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Ninja Gaiden > Devil May Cry > Bayonetta > MGR

Yeah there is no way in hell we are getting a real DMC or a good Ninja Gaiden game again, but with Wonderfull 101 being as awesome as it is and Bayonetta 2 coming soon all hope is not gone yet.

Just as I expected after playing MGR & Bayonetta both shortly, and owning both NG & DMC 1 & 3.

The womderful 101 though? Hmm, I don't own a Wii U. Will emulate in a few years time once this becomes possible perhaps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom