Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Might and Magic 2 the best rpg ever?

Is Might and Magic 2 the best rpg ever?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No!

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
batt.jpg

Here is the proof why M&M2: Gates to Another World! is the best rpg ever. What is your opinion?

Elzair

Cipher
Is the game 16-bit? If so, you may only have 3 more battles before the game crashes (or whatever it does when an overflow occurs).

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Elzair said:
Is the game 16-bit? If so, you may only have 3 more battles before the game crashes (or whatever it does when an overflow occurs).
Sets counter to 0?

Edit: I remember playing some huge, epic scenario of HoM&M2 with my brother. I'd win ut eventually using the fact that every enemy killed by ghosts is brought back to life as another ghost... but I lose them all when I accumulated too much of them in one squad. That was sad. :(

l3sy

Novice
theverybigslayer is probably the the man with the most mysterious aura around him (right after andhaira).

Stabwound

Arcane
I wouldn't exactly say that having to grind through 65,000 battles makes for a good game.

Texas Red

Whiner
Theverybigslayer, why do you honestly continue playing these relics? I'd imagine playing just about any game would be more fun and stimulating.

Do you get a sense of peace when you're replaying something for the 100th times since your childhood? Does it help you escape the world or something?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Dark Individual said:
Theverybigslayer, why do you honestly continue playing these relics? I'd imagine playing just about any game would be more fun and stimulating.

Do you get a sense of peace when you're replaying something for the 100th times since your childhood? Does it help you escape the world or something?

You're not doing it right. You lack the edge, man. You have to be edgy. You didn't even tell him he was a faggot! And your point is moot, every game is about escaping the world, so you're not being very on the point here.

But I agree with you overall. You'd have to be a terrible person to spend time on this terrible game, and I am new shit enough to spell it out for everyone

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
If the game is entertaining enough to make you playing it that far (>65000 battles wtf?) it's certainly praiseworthy. At least for you.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
My least liked of the old M&M games actually. So yeah.

Never liked #2 in any of the Big Three (Ultima, Wizardry and M&M)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Stabwound said:
I wouldn't exactly say that having to grind through 65,000 battles makes for a good game.
Unless every battle is enjoyable.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Rasputin said:
Show us more praiseworthy achievements.
WOW 65352 fights.
Search posts by this guy.

This man has beaten Wizardry 8 with a party imported all the way from Wizardry 6, and has virtually broken the game with everybody getting levels in Ninja and Sneak Attacking giant bosses to death.

There are plenty of praiseworthy achievements by him. :lol:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Humanity has risen! said:
I have clearly not played the game so I will complain about the lack of automap and not bother checking if the game has, in fact, automap

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I did not play this game (at least not for long) but knowing the style of game, I must say I find it very unlikely that the combat model has enough depth to remain interesting after 65,000 battles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom