Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is quoting against the rules ?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Soooo is there some new rule against quoting people ? I got banned from a few threads by glorious reddit mod by the name of crispo the cuck. He told me that quoting people is really bad shit and that is why i am banned for month or more.

It seems this comment is against the rules in some way,so it will be nice if the admins clarify it.The funny thing is that i am not much of a participant in the whole thing,but it seems that i am the only one banned.

kXzPxMo.png

DarkUnderlord Infinitron

Disciple

Savant
Massive quote pyramids are a chore to read. I guess mods might have started handing out selected thread bans because some posters complained about them. You can edit the stuff you are quoting and manually trim it so as to address the points you are referring to.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Same here. Got banned from Kali Yuga thread for spanking and dunking on patriocucks and Trumptards. It's only those who have anti-faggotry anti-globohomo, anti-US sodomite empire and pro-China views that get banned because it causes them extreme butthurt and they have no way of countering it.

(Spits)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Overly long quote pyramids are annoying. I usually manually select the relevant part I want to quote rather than quoting the behemoth.

That said, thread bans are a bit harsh.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Same here. Got banned from Kali Yuga thread for spanking and dunking on patriocucks and Trumptards. It's only those who have anti-faggotry anti-globohomo, anti-US sodomite empire and pro-China views that get banned because it causes them extreme butthurt and they have no way of countering it.

(Spits)
Ohhh well,it is because they had run out of copium,with all the shipyards clusterfuck. Libtards just can't accept that their ideology had failed,thus they lash out at everything that goes against their ideocy. Tho DU is more of a black pill chap,it seems he had given up on his ideals and principles and just sits back and gives a wimpy chuckle once in a while.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Overly long quote pyramids are annoying. I usually manually select the relevant part I want to quote rather than quoting the behemoth.

How are they annoying? We are just having a conversation and responding to each other. I doubt that anyone in the quote thingy got butthurt and reported the rest. That is like going to the pub and seeing a bunch of chaps having a nice beer and having a good conversation,then you go to them and tell them to respond only in short answers,not looking at each other and doing it one at a time.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

How are they annoying? We are just having a conversation and responding to each other. I doubt that anyone in the quote thingy got butthurt and reported the rest. That is like going to the pub and seeing a bunch of chaps having a nice beer and having a good conversation,then you go to them and tell them to respond only in short answers,not looking at each other and doing it one at a time.

Often the quotes in the pyramid aren't relevant to the discussion. It ends up tagging people unnecessarily (which is only a minor thing) and creates clutter in the thread.

Considering the Codexian love of going off on random tangents, the relevancy of replies is very often nil.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Often the quotes in the pyramid aren't relevant to the discussion. It ends up tagging people unnecessarily (which is only a minor thing) and creates clutter in the thread.

Considering the Codexian love of going off on random tangents, the relevancy of replies is very often nil.
Yeah,but that is just something natural to forums in general. Banning people over having a conversation is pretty retarded thing. Also as you could clearly see from my screenshot,all of it is on topic. Tho maybe you didn't know that the thread it got banned from was about chink land and butthurt kwans. In the end we didn't go off topic and we had a regular conversation in a threat that mostly only we visit and have that conversation 10 times per week :lol:. It is more like banning people from their conversation.

Young_Hollow did you get banned too ?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

Yeah,but that is just something natural to forums in general. Banning people over having a conversation is pretty retarded thing. Also as you could clearly see from my screenshot,all of it is on topic. Tho maybe you didn't know that the thread it got banned from was about chink land and butthurt kwans. In the end we didn't go off topic and we had a regular conversation in a threat that mostly only we visit and have that conversation 10 times per week :lol:. It is more like banning people from their conversation.

Yeah fair enough, I was just making a general point about quote pyramids. If it's all relevant then it's fine. Also I think banning on account of that is dumb regardless.

jackofshadows

Magister
How are they annoying?
Yeah on certain forums because of lazy asses like you the reply button copy only the last (bottom) quote from post (which is the opposite extreme and also bad). Just quote stuff you're actually replying to only and you'll be fine.

bionicman

Liturgist

Yeah fair enough, I was just making a general point about quote pyramids. If it's all relevant then it's fine. Also I think banning on account of that is dumb regardless.

Quote pyramids are the worst!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Yours, khor's and daveyar's perfectly reasonable and quite lenient 30-day bans from that thread have nothing whatsoever to do with their content; I banned you three because of the impingement on others' enjoyment and convenience of reading the thread. Hell, I didn't even read what you posted in it. We also have to take into account that you're all three repeat offenders.

Funny how khor, the conservative out of the group, isn't here whining about it.

By the way, do it again and the ban will become permanent.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How are they annoying? We are just having a conversation and responding to each other.

Nobody will read a quote pyramid, so why quote it in full? Just quote what you are responding to. And yes, quote pyramids are annoying.
Hmmm that is not true,quote pyramids are mostly conversations between two or three people on a topic that find interesting. You do know that you could do both,right ? It is a human judgement to see if there is a need to quote or replay lol.

I banned you three because of the impingement on others' enjoyment and convenience of reading the thread
:deathclaw:

That is like banning the author of a book because you can't read his book in piece,the fuck ? And no,you banned us because you are a sad petty little faggot that is on a power trip and want to troll us. You just come up with a bullshit reason and then just do it. Yeah,a site of free speech,where you can't make quotes or post pics or what eva you find offensive at the moment lol. The staff here clearly have high principles and values and uphold them strongly lol. Crispo you are a liberal vermin cuck,for the years i have been here i have seen you do only evil snake shit. You backstab jarl to take his place,you steered all that shit and most likely killed the game in the process,then you ended up making fake drama in the shoutbox only to ban some people from the codex because they are evul muh right wingers and shit lol.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Hmmm that is not true,quote pyramids are mostly conversations between two or three people on a topic that find interesting. You do know that you could do both,right ? It is a human judgement to see if there is a need to quote or replay lol.

The point is that quote pyramids are pointless and annoying. Why can't you quote just the part you “replay“ to?

Whether a thread ban is justified for that is another question though.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Not surprised to see the supposedly "radical rebels" coming out as mods' bootlickers and cuckolds in this thread like Lady Error , defending the most ridiculous shit like bans based on the amount of "annoying" things in the post. Let me remind you, that on this forum, 99% of ALL posts are pure, undiluted trash, which is quite frankly annoying to sift through. At least fanta has the gracious courtesy of posting non-trash posts, unlike the rest of the forum. Following the logic on banning "annoying shit" posts, 99% of the people should be banned this same instance.

Alex

Arcane

Quote pyramids are the worst!

Nonsense, they are a time-honoured tradition here in the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom