Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is RetroArch worth it?

I'm also focusing on separate emulators but Retroarch wins in 3DO / Jaguar emulation if you are going to use wireless Xbox controller - piss-easy via RA, otherwise impossible.

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
IMO also being able to set specific emulation / control settings per game / directory / core is a fantastic idea. You can use "general" settings for each core, and then tweak some settings for each game you launch, without the need of constantly tweaking emu settings back and forth when changing games, as in most emulators.

OFC edgelords ITT are too dumb to realize, that different approach ("pyramid" of config files, UI controlled by gamepad, so not keyboard-dependent - which makes porting RA to different platforms easier, ability to update components separately, etc.) isn't necessary worse than "glorious PC-only emulators with UI controlled by mouse". I mean anyone who emulates PS2 games certainly loves this menu:

nwVL27W.png

as he/she sees it A LOT. :roll:

Dramart

Learned
I had problems to make it work okay with the PSX the screen looked small. Better use individual emulators they work great and are simple to use. Supposedly it emulates better, but if you have the patience to configure that shit.

prengle

Savant
It does work well once it's all dialed in but that is a huge pain in the ass. I just opened it after a long time to check my psx settings and it took me a minute, it's pretty arcane in a bad way.

That being said the beetle core has some options that makes many games look very good and play almost brand new although you have to use the vulkan renderer as under opengl there is no difference.

These are my psx settings that work well and I have 1070 so should be fine for 1060:

Load an iso first, go in to do the options then go under overrides and save as core overrides, in that case I'm getting same options across psx games with beetle core.

It's phenomenal on a pi or android tv or something like that. I'm not sure if it's worth it being the size that it is and how tedious it is to get configured across cores on a pc generally but in your use case, probably. I keep it basically just for beetle psx as those options make things like armored core, front mission, and all the rest look excellent.

All the best.
why is your windows start orb an angry bird.....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom