Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is RPG Codex the only place on the Internet where Larian and Beamdog are hated?

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
^Someone who only knows Larian games loving Larian is understandable, however there are some people who loved FL1/2 and enjoy DOS2... There are TONS of good turn based RPG's. Dark Sun : Shattered Lands & Dark Sun : Wake of the Ravager, Wizardry franchise, FL 1/2, All M&M games before 6(Mandate of Heaven)...

As for EEs, they could be worse. Look to Gothic 1 remake thread to see what a company can do. BG1/2:EE has some problems, but nothing serious. You can just NOT use EE companions like Hexxcat. Many mods which adds cool classes like Shadow Adept/Shadow magic and other cool stuff generally only works for EEs.
What the fuck is FL ???

:stunned:

Why do you have to use difficult acronyms? It might be understandable if the game has been mentioned a few times in your previous post but, no, this is a sudden acronym drop with no context. Imagine if someone randomly mentioned having recently finished a playthrough of MoH, people would probably think that he was playing Medal of Honor.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Baldur's Gate: enhanced edition is 8 years old now. Is it old enough for us to like it yet? Or do we have to wait another 7 years?

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
^Someone who only knows Larian games loving Larian is understandable, however there are some people who loved FL1/2 and enjoy DOS2... There are TONS of good turn based RPG's. Dark Sun : Shattered Lands & Dark Sun : Wake of the Ravager, Wizardry franchise, FL 1/2, All M&M games before 6(Mandate of Heaven)...

As for EEs, they could be worse. Look to Gothic 1 remake thread to see what a company can do. BG1/2:EE has some problems, but nothing serious. You can just NOT use EE companions like Hexxcat. Many mods which adds cool classes like Shadow Adept/Shadow magic and other cool stuff generally only works for EEs.
How is M&M5 vs M&M6? Deeper and better?
I think ultimately M&M6 is the more complex game, with more varied enemies and larger dungeons. But personally I don't think the M&M games after 3 hold up pretty well in modern times. They have a simplistic combat system and a weird levelling system with an open world that has been done better by newer games. There are cool things like spells that change your mobility, walk on water, walk on clouds, etc, but ultimately those are just like the ability to turn into snail or monkey in some metroidvania games, and didn't really save M&M's simplistic gameplay.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

How is M&M5 vs M&M6? Deeper and better?
I think ultimately M&M6 is the more complex game, with more varied enemies and larger dungeons. But personally I don't think the M&M games after 3 hold up pretty well in modern times. They have a simplistic combat system and a weird levelling system with an open world that has been done better by newer games. There are cool things like spells that change your mobility, walk on water, walk on clouds, etc, but ultimately those are just like the ability to turn into snail or monkey in some metroidvania games, and didn't really save M&M's simplistic gameplay.
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
RPGCodex is also the only place on the Internet that doesn't hate RPGCodex.
I think most of us can agree that this place sucks. It's still the best there is though. Also this place doesn't deserve the bad rep it gets. Reddit supports some fucked up shit and no one constantly calls them things like neo-nazi

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I just finished IWDEE. It was excellent.

Had Beamdog not released it, I'd likely never have re-played IWD. It's one of my favorite RPGs, so I consider the EE to have been not just worth it but a bonafide treat.

The game ran flawlessly. It never crashed a single time. It looked great. There was no extra content that I had to opt out of. There were a few extra options that could easily be ignored, such as 3E's Crippling Attack shoehorned into IWD's original 2E.

That was introduced with Heart of Winter.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
FL = fallout.

The authoritative abbreviation has always been FO. Thus, FO1 and FO2.

Your butchering of the English language on a daily basis is tolerable, but inventing retarded new abbreviations for Fallout will not stand.

I say we change it to FL. Fuck it, why not? Occasionally changing acronyms will keep the codex on their toes. Please update your blog and I'll update mine

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Beamdog deserves the hate.

Larian just can't into item progression and balance.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I say we change it to FL. Fuck it, why not? Occasionally changing acronyms will keep the codex on their toes.
1) Using abbreviations for Fallout games is blasphemy. Only full name, no less.
2) Using full name in vain is blasphemy. Appropriate way to spell is Fa--out 1 and Fa--out 2.
3) Diabolical abominations, created by godless Bethesda, appropriate the original name and should be called only as Fagouts.

Amen.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I say we change it to FL. Fuck it, why not? Occasionally changing acronyms will keep the codex on their toes.
1) Using abbreviations for Fallout games is blasphemy. Only full name, no less.
2) Using full name in vain is blasphemy. Appropriate way to spell is Fa--out 1 and Fa--out 2.
3) Diabolical abominations, created by godless Bethesda, appropriate the original name and should be called only as Fagouts.

Amen.

Is new vegas a blasphemy in your opinion?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom