Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is there a way to hide the buttons?

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
With that huge box of reaction buttons after every post I need to scroll a lot, especially on phone or tablet. Without the box more posts would fit on the screen. It is a detriment to the reading experience.

Is there a way to hide it, just like signatures?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
anyone got script hiding buttons you dont use so that its easier to rate posts?

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
See my signature. (not a joke, unblock signatures to see a link to block buttons)

Thank you a lot for this, the script works like a charm! The forum is readable again, feels good man.

Admins take notice please, these ratings are a decline.

Edit - too bad there is no option for Android, extensions not supported it seems

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Use Stylus to hide the buttons with CSS. No JavaScript required.
How do you think Stylus works, through aether?
Stylus is an extension that requires JavaScript, yes. But when I say "no JavaScript required," I mean there's no need to write pure JavaScript code in something like tampermonkey or greasemonkey. Stylus accepts CSS rules, which is easier for someone who doesn't have JS experience.

This is all the CSS one needs to hide the buttons

Code:
.dark_postrating,
.likesSummary { 
    display: none !important;
}

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Use Stylus to hide the buttons with CSS. No JavaScript required.
How do you think Stylus works, through aether?
Stylus is an extension that requires JavaScript, yes. But when I say "no JavaScript required," I mean there's no need to write pure JavaScript code in something like tampermonkey or greasemonkey. Stylus accepts CSS rules, which is easier for someone who doesn't have JS experience.

This is all the CSS one needs to hide the buttons

Code:
.dark_postrating,
.likesSummary {
    display: none !important;
}
Doesn't look like anyone needs to have JS experience to paste 5 lines of code and hit save, same as nobody needs CSS experience to paste your code.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Doesn't look like anyone needs to have JS experience to paste 5 lines of code and hit save, same as nobody needs CSS experience to paste your code.
I'm only offering Stylus as an alternative. If one wants to use Tampermonkey or Greasemonky, that's his prerogative.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
See my signature. (not a joke, unblock signatures to see a link to block buttons)

Thank you a lot for this, the script works like a charm! The forum is readable again, feels good man.

Admins take notice please, these ratings are a decline.

Edit - too bad there is no option for Android, extensions not supported it seems

Do you feel the same way about Facebook emojis?

Just giving you a word of warning bruv because with the upcoming site upgrade, DU and taluntain are probably going to implement the emojis just to mess with you and the others.

Falksi

Arcane
Just giving you a word of warning bruv because with the upcoming site upgrade
Why fix something that isn't broken?
Why break something that isn't fixed?

9JuLwZS.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom