Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking Is Thief a downgrade from Deus Ex/System Shock 2/etc?

sullynathan

Arcane
Haven't read the thread nor have I played Deus Ex or System Shock or Thief past mission 2, but I will agree with Ash on principle because he can argue well and agree when he's wrong even though he's a crazy modder.

Ash

Arcane
:negative:

Decline fags like you lot led to the steep decline of the Immersive Sim. When their most successful and popular game is also one of their most unambitious and was a fucking medieval bow shooter up until the last six months of development, well that's just how the world works. You're all the lowest common denominator demographic the genre could reach at that time.

NOT TO SAY IT'S A BAD GAME. Calm yourselves. But have any of you idiots even looked at Ultima Underworld? So much promise for the future, but as always compromise is a necessity.

Ash

Arcane
Oh yes, I forgot you hate that word, because fuck logic, meaning and reason, it just sounds stupid so go kill yourself.

Haven't read the thread nor have I played Deus Ex or System Shock or Thief past mission 2, but I will agree with Ash on principle because he can argue well and agree when he's wrong even though he's a crazy modder.

Stop reciting what you've heard dumb degenerates say here in an attempt to fit in. This is RPG codex. The majority of 'em are dumb deranged neckbeard degenerates that can't tell their ass from their bellybutton. I don't fit in because I'm not one of the aforementioned individuals. But as always, at least they have variably good taste in games. They may say Deus Ex is shit, but they know that isn't true and it's only in angry defense of their precious Thief.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
an immersive sim is a game where you simulate immershun

my favourite immersive sims are build engine shooters where you can even immerse yourself in a kitchen sink to find secret places

they even add such elements of simulation like holding your breath altho i wish they would also simulate water pressure rising the deeper you go

sullynathan

Arcane
Ash no you are a crazy modder that gets extremely aggressive because someone asks you a question or posts am opinion you don't like even if you've yet to play certain games.

Ash

Arcane
no you are a crazy modder that gets extremely aggressive because someone asks you a question or posts am opinion you don't like even if you've yet to play certain games.

Lol. If you say so. I remember calling YOU out for saying "with MP3 gameplay Red Dead Redemption 2 will be the greatest open world shooter evar!" despite knowing fuck all about the game, but myself I've never made such extreme claims. So keep living in your little dream world.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Deus Ex is the best "let's do a lot of things at once" game of all time, but Thief is quite possibly the best game of all time, and I have little to no interest in stealth games.

Thief is a work of art. Every inch of it oozes quality. The atmosphere, the sound, the gameplay, the guard banter, the incredbily tension when creeping through a corner. When playing Deus Ex, I feel like I'm playing a fantastic classic game. When I play Thief: TDP, I feel like I'm playing the orchestra.

If Hegel was alive, he would seriously rethink the idea that all human beings are born with reason after reading through your posts in this thread.

sullynathan

Arcane
Lol. If you say so. I remember calling YOU out for saying "with MP3 gameplay Red Dead Redemption 2 will be the greatest open world shooter evar!" despite knowing fuck all about the game, but myself I've never made such extreme claims. So keep living in your little dream world.
I don't think that's me

Ash

Arcane
Lucas9 said:
Thief is a work of art. Every inch of it oozes quality. The atmosphere, the sound, the gameplay, the guard banter, the incredbily tension when creeping through a corner. When playing Deus Ex, I feel like I'm playing a fantastic classic game. When I play Thief: TDP, I feel like I'm playing the orchestra.

Amazing they could pull something of substance together considering the game was a medieval bow shooter with no real direction for most of development, eh?
Your standards are low.

Anyway, keep being rabid, immature fanboy retards. My opinion/preference is no less valid than yours. If anything it should be more valid, because I've actually played Underworld/Shock/Thief/DeusEx/Arx and more of the games in the classic lineage, while its clear the majority of you have only played Thief, and Deus Ex at most.

Ash

Arcane
Then you'd be wrong. It's painfully obvious the majority posting ITT has not. Half of 'em don't even know what an Immersive Sim is or that Thief is supposed to be one. Just a bunch of ignorant rabid fanboys, one or two aside.

Ash

Arcane
No, that's none of his or your damn business, as in anything at all about my personal life I'm not going to divulge to a bunch of fucking degenerates.

Go be a retard elsewhere.

Dev_Anj

Learned
bow shooter

bow shooter

bow shooter

bow shooter

wnIaRyJ.gif

Anyhow, coming to drop this here:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom