Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Is Viconia evil? and other Drow discussions

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'd be willing to buy the argument that Viconia is telling the truth if she was white.

We visited Underdark and we saw that everything you heard about drows being evul is true.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Untit2222led.png

neutral evil. evil.
/thread
Premise: Viconia should never have been labelled Evil. Her actions doesn't show it.
Fucking retards: *points to character sheet*

What's up dumbfuck!? :)
You're disillusioned Viconia is evil?
Don't ask for a refund for your custom made Viconia DeVir fuck-doll just because of that.
That piece of high quality silicone can have any alignment you want.
Just ignore cannon and the evil aligned internet people or TNs that "fail to understand".

Worse, I suspect that they hate drow simply to be contrary or are just outright racists in real life.
wow
you never cease to amaze with the level of your dumbfuckery

Reinhardt

Arcane
Drow dindu nuffin! They are just rocket surgeons! Open borders for Baldur's Gate! Inviting them will enrich your culture!

Cael

Arcane
It is just hilarious that Codexians are so adverse to admitting they were wrong that they will bring the gender debate into a debate about alignment. Even more so when they outright point to a piece of paper as though it meant anything. Seriously, these fucktards will actually believe sjws are Lawful Good because that is what they put on their character sheets. The stupidity of the Codex beggars belief.

Generic-Giant-Spider

When the Underdark sends their Drows to the surface, they're not sending their best people.

It's worth noting that Viconia fled The Underdark because she refused to sacrifice an infant to Lolth and defied both her house and matron, even through a war over the situation. She fled after her brother died preventing her from being sacrificed by her own mother, and he was transformed into a drider for it. Lolth withdrew all of her clerical powers and abandoned her. The merchant who picked her up on the surface died from a heart attack, and while she was trying to eek out a living as a farmer in the backwoods, neighbors slowly gained her trust so that they could gang torture, rape, and bury her alive. The burning shed aspect that I remember is what she did to them when they were unawares, after crawling from the grave they put her in.

She's still entirely self-serving and will take whatever she wants whenever she wants, so definitely evil. Hard to say most PCs are really any different. I'm reminded of the tome you could buy at the monetary in IWD II "Why You're Actually Neutral Evil".
The problem with this is: that information is from Viconia.
Viconia is not a reliable source of information about Viconia.

Until agents/assassins of Lolth appear and both vindicate her story and validate how her attempts to push you away were actually to protect you.

Codex Year of the Donut
It's worth noting that Viconia fled The Underdark because she refused to sacrifice an infant to Lolth and defied both her house and matron, even through a war over the situation. She fled after her brother died preventing her from being sacrificed by her own mother, and he was transformed into a drider for it. Lolth withdrew all of her clerical powers and abandoned her. The merchant who picked her up on the surface died from a heart attack, and while she was trying to eek out a living as a farmer in the backwoods, neighbors slowly gained her trust so that they could gang torture, rape, and bury her alive. The burning shed aspect that I remember is what she did to them when they were unawares, after crawling from the grave they put her in.

She's still entirely self-serving and will take whatever she wants whenever she wants, so definitely evil. Hard to say most PCs are really any different. I'm reminded of the tome you could buy at the monetary in IWD II "Why You're Actually Neutral Evil".

Until agents/assassins of Lolth appear and both vindicate her story and validate how her attempts to push you away were actually to protect you.
Or it could have been an elaborate scheme by Lolth to deliberately lead one of the most powerful Bhaalspawn down a specific path.
Consider the Viconia romance ending, and what you have to give up to get it.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This thread.

:lol:

"She has a vagina AND she lets me tap that vay-jay, so obviously SHE CAN'T BE EVIL AND EVERYONE IS RACIST AND SHIT"

:lol:

If Atton had a vagina we would have threads about how the Jedi he butchered misunderstood him or something.

It's quite sad that IRL wahmen can do no wrong. But here on RPG Codex, vidya gayme wahmen can do no wrong either. White knighting for a pixel hoe. :lol: Is it possible to go any lower?

Reinhardt

Arcane

Or Viconia is old manipulative bitch who survived in society of old manipulative bitches.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
are you gay or something? of course a female character is morally superior because of having nice tits you may comission erotic artwork of
Being a drow I assume Viconia is quite lithe and nubile and not at all endowed in the breast department. Prove me wrong.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm sure we've all seen Zdeňka Podkapová's portrait that was used for Viconia, so there's your proof, I guess.

Or Viconia is old manipulative bitch who survived in society of old manipulative bitches.

Aside from the point that handmaidens show up and try to kill her, and she doesn't turn on you. So, your trap theory bullshit is exactly that. Do you also realize that she can be (partially) redeemed in ToB, with her alignment switching to neutral? This is an extension of romancing her, which proves her relationship genuine--making her motives genuine, which greatly supports her backstory as authentic. More than the contrary actually.

I'm not saying she isn't evil. I'm saying that her story is legitimate, and her intentions with the PC are genuine. Even though she is evil, she doesn't have to stay that way either. Whether or not it is foolish to trust her is another issue, but all evidence suggests that to do so is vindicated.

DraQ

Arcane
Worse, I suspect that they hate drow simply to be contrary or are just outright racists in real life. Just because someone belongs to a certain race, they must be guilty of the worst and most heinous crimes possible. That has consistently been their argument.
That's kind of the unfortunate implication of having always chaotic evil races (which drow are by any reasonable measure) in a setting with absolute alignment - you can kill someone based on their racial features alone with only negligible risk of collateral damage.
:M

You don't get to not be racist in an universe that explicitly is.

Hey, have I told you about Racist Asshole class in DnD?
Oh, I seem to have misspelled it, let me try again:
"Ranger".

I honestly have no idea why I would have spelled it "Racist Asshole", sorry.
:?

Cael

Arcane
Worse, I suspect that they hate drow simply to be contrary or are just outright racists in real life. Just because someone belongs to a certain race, they must be guilty of the worst and most heinous crimes possible. That has consistently been their argument.
That's kind of the unfortunate implication of having always chaotic evil races (which drow are by any reasonable measure) ...
Wrong.

DraQ

Arcane
That's kind of the unfortunate implication of having always chaotic evil races (which drow are by any reasonable measure) ...
Wrong.
*click*
Also known as dark elves, drow are a depraved and evil subterranean offshoot.
:shredder:

Cael

Arcane
Wrong.
*click*
Also known as dark elves, drow are a depraved and evil subterranean offshoot.
:shredder:
Read the table, fucktard.

Sykar

Arcane
Viconia is evil and that is readily apparent quickly during interactions with her. She just is not retarded/idiotc evil and goes out of her way to kill whatever she can. That being said, she serves the evil goddess Shar which she does mention during dialogue, she has disdain for the weaker, is an open bigot against for example Half Elves like Jaheira, calling the mongrels, feels that, most, males are inferior, she has no problem using her attractiveness to get what she wants, exacts a most brutal revenge on the farmers, though they had it coming, if what she said is true, etc.
If you start a relationship with her and go all the way to ToB she does soften up a little and you can turn her TN iirc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom