Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is your favourite RPG the one you've spent the most time playing?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It wasn't until Neverwinter Nights that we saw a ton of usermade content in RPGs, unless I'm mistaken.

latest

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The fact that the Infinity Engine games used painted backgrounds made modding hard. It wasn't until Neverwinter Nights that we saw a ton of usermade content in RPGs, unless I'm mistaken.

NWN was a terrible experience for me. One character, fighting the camera all the time, and the horrible blandness of the campaign.
But I guess it worth giving another chance for the user made content.

It wasn't until Neverwinter Nights that we saw a ton of usermade content in RPGs, unless I'm mistaken.

latest

I must admit I'm really sick and tired of FRUA. Guess I overdosed on it, and over the years the modules became increasingly more story focused and less combat focused.

No, I don't think both things are connected. I played Fallout 2 more than 1, but I think the first game is better. I played Baldur's Gate more than some of my favorite RPGs, because at the time it hit a certain spot, but now I wouldn't rank it even in my top 10. I've spent an ungodly amount of time playing PS1 Final Fantasies as a teenager, but now I wouldn't touch them without mods.

V:tM Bloodlines is a favorite I'm not likely to replay soon, as I remember nearly everything about it, and would rather reminisce than going back to confirm what I already know.

Most time ever spent with an RPG would probably be Fallout 2, New Vegas or Kenshi (I don't count JA2). Much of that time was spent trying out mods, or making my own. Both are near the top of my list, but I wouldn't rank them above my childhood favorite Ultima VII, which I've replayed many times but.... never finished (I'm now in the process of trying to do this, after decades of wounded pride).

distant

Learned
Probably wouldn't call Ultima Online my favourite RPG but damn I sunk a bunch of time into that as a kid. A friends dad hosted a Feist inspired RP server. Good times.

distant

Learned
Anyone who answers "no" to this question is just deluding himself as to what his favorite is, probably because he has shit taste. There is no reason anyone would spend the most time time with something other than his favorite when given the choice.

Psh dude... as a kid you'll play whatever jank you had. You think I would have replayed the Battle Cheese shareware a bunch of times if I knew about better shit?

SumDrunkGuy

Anyone who answers "no" to this question is just deluding himself as to what his favorite is, probably because he has shit taste. There is no reason anyone would spend the most time time with something other than his favorite when given the choice.

Most of the time I put into Diablo 2 was back during one of my summer breaks from school. I literally did nothing but sit around and play that thing for 3 months straight. As a working adult there's no possible way I can commit that time to a game now, no matter how much i love it. Also it's been over a decade since I last played D2 and I have no desire to ever fire it up again. I got what I needed from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I wouldn't really know, but probably not.

It's not weird at all, really. After all, I've had a lot more McDonalds than I've had my favorite restaurant.

jackofshadows

Magister
I mean, why would I spend more time on non-favorite RPGs? Can't think of any particular game, really. Let alone be able to beat my countless Arcanum/WTMB/F1-2 hours even in relatively rare non-social youth days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom