Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline It has begun. Or has it?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I knew it would happen sooner or later and here it is - Kim Jong-Tron didn't like one of the posters (SlumLord) so he banned him.
OK, that's enough.
In other words Codex is becoming another Neogaf even though it used to be one of the few places where you could say what you wanted and at worst you would get a tag because some moderator/admin got butthurt.

rVsgc61.jpg

But there's hope! On his profile you can read: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?profile-posts/32756/

DarkUnderlord As of today you are dismissed from site administration.
If DarkUnderlord is serious one could wonder what was the final straw? Has SlumLord become a martyr for greater cause? Is he a hero we needed but didn't deserve...?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
If you want to perform your unfunny shistposter edgelord shtick, there are other forums for that. Freedom of speech does not equal freedom to shit all over the god damn place.
Goral antics aside, Infinitron encourages Safav Hammon who, besides being man who made JF to lose his "job", shits all over GRPGD. Of course, Infi also always shills for InExile and Obsidian and splits and retardoes every thread that could make mythical "big video game developers" to think ill of the Codex.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
If you want to perform your unfunny shistposter edgelord shtick, there are other forums for that. Freedom of speech does not equal freedom to shit all over the god damn place.
Shitposters need shitposter-readers and shitposter-repliers. If his posts were ignored he would die by his own, banning him just because isn't a way to go unless it's really necessary. I haven't been following this guy too closely (precisely because I ignored his retarded posts) but I haven't seen anything too excessive either (in the posts that I've skimmed through). This creates a dangerous precedent, you never know when the jew will want to ban another user because he doesn't like his posts. For example someone (*wink* wink*) who often talks about rape and it's offensive to women and incels.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
My 2 cents:

As much as I agree with a lot of what slumlord was saying in that thread, throwing around racial slurs is too much. I really don't want to visit here and see that kind of language in every post (or any post really), it's super offensive and banning people like that really is necessary.

Then go to literally every other website that polices language for thought crime, nigger.

What you censorship craving faggots fail to understand is that quality posts/content come from creativity, censorship induces self-censorship which is the death of creativity. Eg: if every time I stop to write a guide/analysis I have to worry "are my words going to make some faggot butthurt and get me banned?" I simply won't even bother. And that's the same for everyone.

It's quite telling that the people who call for censorship are always the ones whose posts aren't worth reading, so they don't even have a clue on how creativity works.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
SlumLord was a shitposting edgelord, but he was pretty plain. See for yourself:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?search/member&user_id=25925
As much as I agree with a lot of what slumlord was saying in that thread, throwing around racial slurs is too much. I really don't want to visit here and see that kind of language in every post (or any post really), it's super offensive and banning people like that really is necessary.
Are you some kind of nigger-lover? :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Goral antics aside, Infinitron encourages Safav Hammon who, besides being man who made JF to lose his "job", shits all over GRPGD. Of course, Infi also always shills for InExile and Obsidian and splits and retardoes every thread that could make mythical "big video game developers" to think ill of the Codex.

this x100

Bohr

Arcane
DU having a bit of fun today :lol:

(and it's proving surprisingly successful)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom